Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

Hello, this orning I did Pilates reformer and Yoga, but i didn't follow the Calendar I did Yoga with Adriene for stretching, I felt so tight, and even when she's stretching 1 part, I'm cramping somewhere else, but I just back off and fo at my range and pace.

@JudyL So sorry about your knee, don't they says "Lotion is Motion" You have to move the juice through the joints.  I have funky knees, hips, rotators, about everything on me is messed up.  

The term Sissy, must be that age group because my dad says that too, and frankly I don't like it, it just bothers me when he says that but I try and let it go.  

It's partly sunny here but the windchill is single digits.

My sister is having hip replacement tomorrow, praying all goes well for her, she's in 100% pain right now, and at some point will need the other hip done.  She's younger than me, my hips hurt too but she said her Dr. said if you can't sit indian style you most likely have arthritis in your hips, I can sit that way.

Waving to everyone, at least we all know we have aches and pains but we push through, and it's nice to know we aren't alone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  This morning I did 2.5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone.  Wanted to go a little farther than I did the other day to test my knee a bit but didn't want to do a full 3 mile workout.  Feels good to be getting back to a workout routine after being off for a couple of weeks.

Beautiful day here by the Bay.  A little cool but the sun is out.  Still no rain and we need it badly.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all, we had a nasty little storm move through here last night.  It started as a very light snow around lunch time.  I went to my oncology appointment with no problem, went to my dance lesson with no problem and when it was time to go home--big problem.  In the hour that I was in my dance class, the roads had iced up and it took me forever to get home.  The roads were better this morning, but you could tell they were icy. One of my co-workers who lives out where I do said some jerk was driving like a maniac and spun out, almost hitting her and 3 other cars.  I can't wait until we're all complaining about the heat.

My jive routine is about 2/3 choreographed. We videoed it last night so I can practice.  Of course, I will have to write the choreo down because that's how I learn.  Next week I start on the second dance.

Today is weight day at the gym.  I've really gotten out of the habit and was almost ready to give up my membership downtown and just keep Planet Fitness, but I guess having that membership is a good motivator to not sit at my desk all day.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

Hello, all.

@JudyL , yes, exercising definitely helps.  Actually gets worse without it.  I see you did a nice Leslie Sansone walk.  The thing about arthritis and exercising is to find that happy middle ground.  Learn how much and when to do, which is not always easy.  Glad you're better.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

TGIF everyone!

@JudyL Great going on the walk....I bet it felt really good to exercise again!

Trail run with my son and Molly.  We did 3.67mi/44min.  My foot was sore and stiff this am, but got 'er done. Then had a chiro appt afterward.  My foot was sore and stiff....he couldn't pop it, which was strange...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, this morning was also a Chiropractor day for me @MickD , then grocery shopping.  Only did the short 10 minutes yoga from the Calendar but that's okay, I also managed to hike to the trail and someone had snowmobiled it so once I got there it was good going, it's getting there that's the problem, but I am thankful I just go out my door and swing a right and I'm heading to it.

I have had an order "in process since the 16th, makes me mad..

Sun was out today and upper 30's so felt great but high winds were also prevailing.

Make the most of your evening!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Yay for snowmobiles!  The trail sounds beautiful!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, group.  We're going to have a weekend in the forties!  Whoopee!

Gonna try a modified version of my Zumba class this morning.  I haven't done any exercising since Monday and I'm hoping that was enough resting of my knee.

Have a great weekend everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone we're 45 and sunny and I'm sitting on my deck getting my Vitamin D and I don't feel 1 bit guilty for doing so....  I got in a good TRX workout and a good hour long Yoga with Adriene flow called Compassion, it was challenging so this sitting today is just what the dr. ordered!!!!

@MickD YES, I am so glad I got there, and I am ordering some tall rain boots because when the snow finally melts it will be super wet back there and I have waited way to long to not be able to go.  I won't be able to take Logan but I'm going, come He#$# or High water!!

@Mmsfoxxie I hope your knee is okay, mine are funky too!

@DrKelli I see you are 60!!  Whoop whoop!  But I also saw tomorrow snow!!

Not much else here and it's fine by me!

Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Its Saturday night but wanted to check in.  Today I did the Sensitive Knee yoga with Adriene.  Think I'll be ready to go back to my beginner's yoga on Monday.  Knee is feeling pretty good and I'll be careful.  While the Knee Sensitive one is good and I'll still do it, I feel like I need something a little more challenging.  So will go back to the beginner's video and see how I do.

@Mmsfoxxie I sure hope your knee is feeling better soon!