Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

@MickD Feel better Heart

Respected Contributor

Monday again, I always say Never Skip a Monday!   I did an hour of Yoga with Adriene, it was Yoga for Weight loss Total Body, then rode the bike for 30, and rebounded for 30.

We're sunny now but the wind is dang cold and by tonight we are under a Winter Weather Advisory once again through tomorrow.  I filled the bird feeders and scrubbed out the bird bath so my feathered friends are all set.

I'm down 10 pounds now since January 11th, this Refomer and Yoga and cleaner eating are working for me.  I can't say I am always happy with the food I put in my mouth but it's what I have to do.   How long does it take to kick the sugar craving.   I mean I don't crave it but I miss baking and I miss chocolate chip cookies, and some desserts, not that I made them often at all, not even once a month but I sure would like a frosted cookie!  Afraid to eat it though, I'll feel bad and it's not worth it.

Not much else here, Welcome home @DrKelli , and sleep well in your own bed!

Honored Contributor

@bopper It took me a long time to completely get my sugar cravings under control.  Even now I have to be careful with fruit because it's natural sugar and can kick it off again.  I just kept avoiding it like you are and eventually it will die down.  If you like tea, that helped me get some sweetness in my life with a little stevia.  Congrats on your weight loss.  You are a workout fiend!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning, Peeps.  Today is going to be a good weather day....I'm rejoicing!

Tuesday is Body & Sculpt class with the instructor that means business.  When your form is wrong, he gives you the friendly version of the stink eye, lol.  Love him.  Might walk afterwards.  I haven't done a the Flexibility class in about a month.  I miss the movements but not the getting down to the floor part.  Too painful.  Those with extreme arthritis in their knees and other places know what I mean.

Have a beautiful day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning--it seems like it has been forever since I've been here!!  And I wasn't very good when I was gone.  I did do a LaBlast class on Saturday, but haven't done anything since.  I will be going to my Contemporary dance class tonight (skipping today's weight workout because I feel like I've got way too much going on at work since I wasn't here last week).  Tomorrow, I'm hoping to go to yoga and then my private dance lesson.  I go back to the radiation oncologist for my one month (after treatment) check up.  I'm sure things will be fine.  My weird radiation tan is slowlly fading.

I hope you are all doing well!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am off to do my yoga for tired legs while I dodge the arks still floating around here.  No one bothered to show for work except me so I am going to "work from home

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!   

Honored Contributor

Well....my plans laughed in my face this morning.

While I was getting dressed, my knee did a little buckle.  The few times that this has happened, the situation reversed before I left to workout or I was doing something that the buckling didn't effect other than a slight limp for a few minutes, hour, day, whatever.  Well, while waiting for the instructor this morning, I kept walking he room, trying to decide whether I should stress the knee with exercising.  I decided I'd better not because this instructor is my toughest one.

So I left, laughing telling the greeter at the desk that I wasn't going to get embarrassed having them call an ambulance on me if I fell, lol.  She said "yeah, not to mention the big bill you'd get ".   I'm ok, just a little age appropriate arthritis.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Crossing the threshold of a gym counts in this thread!  Hope your knee feels better soon.  

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone workout this morning.  Felt pretty good as knees held up ok.  

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@bopper Congrats on the weight loss!

When I first did my lifestyle change (2 years ago) I craved sugar/chocolate.  I'd have a couple little squares of dark chocolate a night.  Now I don't crave it.  I do still have a chip/salt craving though....

@Mmsfoxxie Healing thoughts for your knee!!!

Trail run with Molly and my son.  3.5mi/42min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G