Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY THREAD

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday we hit 52 degrees!  Today, low thirties....still good, though.

This morning I'll be doing my Senior Cardio class and then Strength & Motion class.  That will be enough for these still joints, lol.

Have a beautiful, safe day everyone!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We were in the 70s yesterday, today, our high was like 31 and we've already hit it.  Boo.

I've been such a slacker lately, but the good news is, I'm starting to feel better.  Unfortunately, I think our storm may keep me from working out tomorrow.  I don't go to the Monday class right now because there is too much jumping and  my b**b doesn't like that.  At least the skin irritation has decreased.  I had a terrible night again last night--I even took 2 advil PMs, which didn't seem to help at all.  I've got to figure out a way to quit having insomnia on Sunday nights.

I know this is an exercise thread, but I have to share the latest drama.  My niece is pregnant.  On purpose.  She lives with my mom right now and her boyfriend lives with his parents.  She's 25, so an adult, but she is so naive.  And she has a really good heart, which is part of why she is so sweet.  Her boyfriend has a minimum wage job and seems to have absolutely no ambition.  I let her know that I was pretty disappointed in her decision, but that she was an adult.  She went off on me and I fired right back and told her that I was also an adult and was entitled to my own opinion.  She responded that only my mom and I were not happy for her and I told her that should tell her something--that the 2 women she claims are her role models think that she made a poor decision.  Come to find out, we aren't the 'only' people not happy for them.  His parents haven't spoken to the boyfriend for a week.

I don't even care about the not being married thing--she just started getting her act together and there are so many things that she could have done before getting pregnant.  The boyfriend is kind of a dillhole and likes to play video games, so I can't imagine he'll be much help.  Granted, I made some pretty horrible decisions in my life when I was in my 20s, but none of them involved having to raise a child with no help.

Okay--vent over.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Gentle yoga done.  On to my housework now.

@DrKelli Under absolutely none of my business, I am going to say something on behalf of your niece.  She is in the most vulnerable position a young woman can be in right now whether she knows it or not.  Reality will hit and impart the wisdom you are trying to offer better and faster than you ever could.  And hope springs eternal that becoming a father may mature her boyfriend very quickly.  It happens and I hope she is that one however unlikely that may be.  She can't undo what's done and if you want to stay in her life and this child's, I would reach back out and let her know that you're there for her no matter what happens and truly hope it's only good things for her.  Between you and me, when the more likely scenario happens, she'll get it.  Sometimes stupid has lifelong consequences but there is good in every ugly that happens.  Focus on that instead for there is literally nothing anyone else can do but live with it.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 I don't disagree with you--that is kind of my point.  She has my support because she's going to need it.  Having been in a similar situation with a big talker boyfriend when I was about her age, I'm planning on the worst.  I hope he surprises me.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, it's Monday once again, yippie skippy!

This morning I did 30 minutes on the TG  CycloTrainer for my Cardio and then an arm workout on the Reformer, followed with Yoga by Adriene, felt pretty good after that!

Cooking a beef roast in my IP tonight, first time for a roast so I hope it turns out okay.  

Been out chopping ice off the sidewalk, and I have to start looking now during the day I guess before I take Logan out because the deer are coming in now in the day time.  I was in my kitchen and looked out back and there were 5 just wondering the yard...and the snow is so deep!

Yesterday was only Yoga, and then relaxing waiting on the Super Bowl.

Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hi @bopper 

Sundays are my 2 and a half hour ice skating sessions. Always do abdominal work along with whatever exercises I have incorporated into my day. With 2 back surgeries and minus my L-3/L-5/S-1 spinal discs, it is imperative if I wish to retain my flexibility. Skating is not the easiest on anyone's back, at least not hockey style skating.

My best to all here and "Keep On Keeping On". And @bopper  thank you again for keeping the many in this thread inspired!

JOhn(hckynut)

Hey John, so nice to see you!   Glad you are still rockin the ice skates and I know that can't be easy on the back!   I love how you just keep so active!   I hope to be just like you!   I've added Yoga to my regimine now and I am liking it, along with Total Gym, and Pilates Reformer, my cycle, and love to be outside.   Thank you for the kind words about this group, sometimes its hard to keep it going, but with encouragment from you I know I can help others to start or continue a healthy lifestyle!

My best to you and yours,

Bopper

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.

This morning will be Body & Sculpt class and then maybe I'll walk the track a while.

@DrKelli , young people don't listen.  But, she's pg now so it's a wait and see situation.  When my son told me he was going to marry a woman he had known only three months, I begged him to wait and get to know he better.  He didn't wait.  Turns out she's dominating and threatens to leave him if he's not straight home from work.  He has no friends.  She brags in FB that she's glad when he gets home so that he can take over with the kids cause she's tired.  I could write a book.  This is the son with the sick child that I mentioned here.  He might not have a job for long because he takes off to take the baby to the doctor. Drama all the time.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  It is a very cold day here--last time I checked, it was about 10  degrees.  After a 74 degree day on Sunday.  We didn't get a ton of snow, but it made driving very trecherous.  I am working from home today.  I don't think I will be able to get to dance class tonight just because I don't want to drive on terrible  roads.  I'll do that tomorrow morning when I have to be at work.

My workout today will be shoveling snow.  My nice neighbor did it last night, but we got another couple of inches overnight.  It looks like the sun is starting to come out though.  Not on MY driveway--it faces north.  I have the worst driveway in the neighborhood.  It is very steep and  it faces the wrong direction.  LOL.  This snow is what I would call "winter" snow--it's very dry and light.  Which is much better than spring snow (which will be coming) because that has a lot of water in it and is very heavy. But with spring snow comes warmer temps and it melts (even though I still have to shovel).

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli   I have one of those driveways.  I hate it.   I love packing snow when I am  playing in it.  Shoveling it is a strength workout unlike no other.  No joke. 

We are actually in the 70s today and yesterday and then we have strong storms supposedly rolling in tomorrow and the next day.  I think I am going to take a vacation day tomorrow.  I am trying to get rid of them for when the sale goes through on 3/1/20 so I don't lose them.  Won't be able to get them all in but I'm trying my best.  I have no idea what I am going to do after this month.  It's been interesting.

Don't think I'll care for the yoga for the feet so I'll pick one on my own to do or skip ahead.  Tired today because I was up all night watching Iowa in case I do end up moving there.  LOL

Have a great day all!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday, it's mighty cold here too, and a windchill of 0. But the sun is out, so I"ll take it.

I did TG, reformer and still have to do my yoga, but I was hungry so eating now.

I have enough family drama here too, seems everyone has their stuff right?

The deer herd are coming in now during the day, sorry kids, we don't serve lunch here!  Haha

Not much else going on in my neck of the woods, stay warm everyone!