Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Got in 70 minutes in treadmill and about 20 minutes on arms and shoulder. Today is going to be filled with boring housework...like wiping down the inside and outside of all my kitchen cabinets. I'm sure you all are very jealous.  Smiley Happy

@JudyL 

Happy first Monday of retirement! 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

After I retired it took me quite awhile to not get thru Sunday evening without thinking about going to work on Monday. I have kept to my normal routine of getting up early, like I did for work. But now I get to spend it enjoying my espresso and getting in some early exercise.

@kate2357 - it's so funny you mentioned Sunday evening because yesterday late afternoon when I was thinking of getting dinner going, I got the "Sunday blues" thinking the weekend is over, tomorrow is a work day blahs.  Then I realized I didn't need to have those anymore!  LOL

Good morning ladies!  I got up and did a 20 minute Body Groove DVD.  I just wanted to move my body in an easy, dancing kind of way instead of doing a walking DVD or some other exercise.  Felt like I could have gone longer, however, the knee said "ehhh, not so soon." So 20 minutes it was.  Finally the storm has gone through and the sun is out so maybe later I'll go for a short walk.  Feeling some of my energy coming back after the last 2 days of doing nothing and napping.

Hope everyone has a good day

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

Got in 70 minutes in treadmill and about 20 minutes on arms and shoulder. Today is going to be filled with boring housework...like wiping down the inside and outside of all my kitchen cabinets. I'm sure you all are very jealous.  Smiley Happy

@JudyL 

Happy first Monday of retirement! 

@kate2357 - Thank you!  It feels a bit strange.  More like I'm on vacation.  Not sure I'll be as good as you and do housework but there are a few projects I've been saving up to do so may start - mind you, I say start - on one of those. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

After 18 months of retirement I now have the "it can wait until tomorrow" attitude. Lol. Enjoy your day.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@JudyL 

After 18 months of retirement I now have the "it can wait until tomorrow" attitude. Lol. Enjoy your day.

@kate2357 - LOL oh dear, I already have that attitude and have said it to myself once already today.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@JudyL Congratulations!  Enjoy your retirement!  As for shoes for the dances you mentioned--I would just get a pair of ballroom practice shoes.  You can get them on the A and they usually have a one inch heel.  You need to have that heel so that your frame is proper.  The bottoms of the shoes make it easy to 'glide' and 'slide' on the dance floor.  If you want fancy, you can google ballroom shoes and get a fancier pair from one of the ballroom shoe sites, but I just got a pair of black ones and it suits me fine.  I don't compete in them.

I had my showcase on Saturday and it went well.  But the floor of the stage was very uneven and they had to put tape down over some nail heads that were sticking up.  Especially because I do a death spiral in the middle of my routine.  I did end up with a skinned knee though.

I'm going to try to do something physical this afternoon--I have a bit of an emergency this morning at work that I'm trying to get rectified.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

Thank you @DrKelli for the shoe recommendaiton.  Will look into it.

Glad your showcase went ok but bummer about the skinned knee.  Hope the rest of your day goes ok and the work emergency wasn't too bad.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

I guess @DrKelli and I are the two working stiffs left in the group. Congrats on everyone's retirement past and current! I hope I can join you one day. 

I have been fitting in some walking, HIIT, and yoga lately. I've been meal prepping on weekends with my locknlock and that's been a real help for getting into some healthy eating. I am slowly emptying my freezer of all my veggies and making platters for the week. 

This morning I did Adriene's Up your Connect which is a short yoga flow. We really haven't had winter down South so I am flirting with the idea of walking in the parks again. Unfortunately, since the pandemic, people have found out about the wonderful park system we have in our backyards and crime has skyrocketed if I believe the neighborhood boards. We'll see.

Have a great week all!

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 

Oh that is too bad about your local parks. It's so nice to be able to be outside and moving. I hope you can find a safe area to walk outside.

We have some nice parks in my area, but I no longer feel safe to go by myself. Not so much about crime, but a couple of weird and angry people that scare me. I have to wait to go with someone else. Annoys me to no end. 

I tweaked my back yesterday, so I am taking a rest and recovery day.

Honored Contributor

Good morning @Laura14 - hope you can walk at the park.  There's a nice park near me and lots of people use it for walking.  It got damaged during the January storms so it's been closed for a bit.

@DrKelli - looked at the shoes you recommended on Amazon and some of them have suede on the bottom.  Is that normal for dance practice shoes?  Understand not wanting rubberized bottom cuz that could drag on the floor but was surprised to see some with sueded bottoms.  

Woke up this morning feeling pretty fatigued.  Yesterday my energy level was pretty good not so today so will wait until later and hope to at least take a walk.  Guess I'm still more worn out than I thought.

Hope everyone enjoys their day