Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good day all, it's brutally cold and now its very windy out.  

I did the reformer rebounding workout for 30 minutes and the sit bouncing on the Celli for 15 minutes and used the Jetti Poles for another 15 minutes.  Good enough.

It's so blustery out now, white outs!

@DrKelli  so happy this hearing problem may be turning a corner for you!!  Very encouraging!

@JudyL  Hooray!!!   Are you having a party for it!!

I tried some new makeup from Joans Road Beauty and I really like it.  Anyone else use this brand.  It's from Bobbi Brown.

Not much else here... Stay warm

Honored Contributor

Hi, all.  Looks like everybody has cold right now.  Friday is supposed to get colder, low teens but by Saturday, up to forty.  Whatever.

@DrKelli, I just saw your LaBlast guy on the Tamron Hall show discussing adopting older kids.  He and his partner adopted two boys.  He is very thin and imo, doesn't look well.  I don't recall what procedure you had that your insurance is now denying....that's awful. If you have insurance through your employer, you probably don't have a supplemental insurance. But even that might not have helped with certain tests.  Maybe you can appeal the denial.  Good luck.

Funny thing occurs yesterday when I was swiping in at the hospital to volunteer.  This nurse from another part of the hospital walked by.  She says "you look familiar.  Were you in endoscopy a couple of weeks ago"?    I said yes.  She said " I was your nurse".  I laughed, surprised that she recognized me.  Now I know that when you have a colonoscopy, you're well covered up but the first thing I thought was that she might have seen me naked, revealing my worst part. Anyway, it was nice to laugh.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies!  Well, it's here.  My last day at work.  I'm feeling excited, sad and, I don't have a clue why, but a little anxious!  LOL  Hope you all have a good day!

@bopper - I had 3 parties on Wed!  Some of the secrtaries and other staff took me out for a very nice lunch, then later in the afternoon the Firm had a cupcake party for me, then at the end of the day, at the monthly get-together - there's a monthly "garden party" at 4:00pm for mostly the attorneys but some staff attends to gather and chat and connect with each other - one of my attorneys gave a very nice speech and there was even more food!  It was a very fun day

Now to get through today.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

happy retirement.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   My rest day today and I took full advantage of it haha only 3000 steps in and don't care.  

It started off dreary and very very cold and now the sun is out.  It's still cold like 11 above but the sun sure does ones soul good.

@JudyL how nice to have 3 parties!  You've been there a long time!!  I hope you enjoy every second of your retirement.  

I read somewhere we are now getting 1 hour more daylight than we did a month ago! Finally!

I don't have anything planned for the weekend.  I really do feel like a hermit.  Anyone else feel like me.   I know its not good to not be at all social but what's there to do?  I am out way more in the warmer weather but I really don't do anything much with anybody.  Is that normal?  

Any who... that's all I got here!

Trusted Contributor

@JudyL  congrats on retirement.. How lovely many parties to celebrate you.

@bopper  I feel like a hermit this winter as well.  Friends have moved away and my hiking group is down to just me.. I need to look for  just 1 person to hike with. Not easy.

If I can get out in nature and be gone for a couple of hours, it fills me enough. Too bad we didn't live closer- am sure we would be compatible in many ways. 

Our weather has taken a nicer turn.. warmer - yet when out and about everything is still white from so much snow. Am sure it's melting, but hard to tell just yet.

I had thoughts of getting my bike out on the path.. but I walked part of it yesterday and dont' think it's quite safe enough yet- there are still icy patches here  and there.

@kate2357  I bought the Brooks Glycerin  this week..Not the stealthfit as  I have also have a pr. of Merrells coming with that type of fit.  

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes.  Today I woke up and as the morning progressed, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.  Think all the stress and sleepless nights of the last few months and especially the last few weeks, caught up with me.  Had a feeling this would happen as earlier this week I could feel the exhaustion creeping in but holding off until I was done.

@DrKelli - hope your competition went well today.  Thought of you today when I was looking at my town's "Recreation and Human Services" (it used to be called Parks and Rec Dept) offerings for seniors and they have dancing!  They offer Bolero, West Coast Swing and Waltz lessons.  Each dance, I think is once a week for 4 weeks.  Bolero starts in March.  I thought well, heck, why not sign up!  Haven't done it yet because I want to wait and see how I feel in a couple of weeks.  I'm assuming since its a class for seniors that they will go/move a bit slower than a class for younger people.  I may need advice on what kind of shoes to wear as don't think I can wear my sneakers!

My first day of retirement included a quick trip to the grocery store as there is a storm expected tonight into tomorrow and needed just a few things.  That wore me out and I ended up taking a nap before lunch!  LOL  Goodness be.  It's quite chilly here and know it is downright cold elsewhere so hope everyone is staying warm.

Trusted Contributor

@bopper forgot to comment about Jones Road makeup. I own the Miracle Balm and not a fan. That being said-  I use it daily around my cheekbones and upper  eye lid..  I think it's the smell..  and its a  tacky.. Use on my lips occasionally too. Its got good ingredients.

I do like Bobbi Brown products overall.. I have one hooded eye and this balm does smooth the look. What did you  buy??

Returning my Merrell shoes.. No support and the bottoms which I was hopeful was up to Merrell standards squeak like cheap rubber. I am going to look for a moe hiking style at some point.

Did anyone see on Sat. Morning Q- the sand filled kettleballs?? I am searching reviews on other sites and they seem good.. I might have bought but would like just the 5 pound ones. The prices is decent.. K42229.   ******'s Sporting Goods has an 8 pound one. and I think it's just 1 for $30 ( ish).. Which also seems like I good weight for me to start with.

Any thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL 

After I retired it took me quite awhile to not get thru Sunday evening without thinking about going to work on Monday. I have kept to my normal routine of getting up early, like I did for work. But now I get to spend it enjoying my espresso and getting in some early exercise.

@violet runner 

Too bad about the Merrill shoes. I hate a squeaky shoe.

Saturday I got in 60 minutes on the treadmill before the grandbabies showed up for our morning of baking. After they left I had to take a nap. Lol. We had fun, but it was a bit exhausting to keep up with 5 small children, their fathers and their grandfather .... all in the kitchen at the same time.

Probably due to the nap, but I woke up very early this morning and put in 45 minutes on the rowing machine. Want to get on the reformer later for ab work and stretching.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Congratulations on making retirement, @JudyL.  I'm sure you've earned it.  🎉🎂🎈

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)