Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Good morning!  The weather continues to be awful here - very cold, temps in the high 30's/low 40's, rain, wind, hail and snow levels are dropping again.  The ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe area had to close because of too much snow and dangerous conditions.  Think they got 3 feet in 24 hours.  It's supposed to be better, Wed through Sat morning, then we get another storm coming in for a few days.

Not much going on here.  May try and do something later this morning.  Have an appt this afternoon at 2:00, which I'm not happy about with this weather but it's not too far away so will go.  

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

UPDATE:  I ended up doing  a 20 minute Leslie Sansone workout. 

Esteemed Contributor

Weather was decent enough that I went outside to do a slow jog. Went for 60 minutes and didn't feel any issues w/ my achilles tendon...so hoping it stays that way and I can get back to a more normal routine.

Have various DR visits on Wednesday, so won't get in any running tomorrow. 

On to March and better weather.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!   We finally had a glorious day of blue skies and sunshine.  40 degrees and I sat outside on my deck and rolled up my pants and no jacket and sat for 30 minutes in the sunshine.  Much needed.

This morning was 2 miles on the rebounder using the Jetti Poles and then 20 minutes on the Total gym.

So tomorrow another storm, seriously and my son came over and did our driveway because our snow blower is in the shop and it looks so good and tomorrow it will need it again... Ughhh March will be coming in like a Lion I guess.

@JudyL you are getting weird weather for sure and all the snow at the ski resorts.  I hope your appt. went okay and you didn't have trouble getting there.

@kate2357  Yay on the achilles not hurting.   Yes onto better weather indeed!

Been watching Spring Training games this afternoon.

See ya in March!

Respected Contributor

Re: re Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@violet runner wrote:

@bopper - Next time you come to  CO- maybe we can meet up..I'll show you a few places!!  You can get your fill of the beautiful parts of CO.  I guess I shouldn't complain having just 2 full days with 1 grandchild.. It is hard..  4 year olds are very active.  Love him dearly and so far we have a good connection- I am going to use this time as my workout session instead of going to the rec center. Hope he likes zumba!! ( kidding) !!

Agree, this has been a harsh slippery, snowy, and LOOOOONG winter for us..

Where are you in CO?   My son is in Arvada.   The problem is we seem to be on "their" schedule.  I don't like it either.  Then my son said " well you only get here twice a year and you want to visit someone else"   One of these years we need to stay longer but its so hard with a dog who has anxiety issues when we are gone.    I would love to get to gether with you!

Esteemed Contributor

@bopper wrote:

@kate2357  Yay on the achilles not hurting.   Yes onto better weather indeed!

Been watching Spring Training games this afternoon.

See ya in March!

@bopper 

Unless I get bad news at doctors tomorrow, my boys are heading down to Arizona to watch Spring Training. I do not anticipate any bad news :::knock on wood::: so off to sunshine for them. About 8 guys (brothers/father/uncle/cousins) are heading down and they are all looking forward to being in some warm sunshine.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@kate2357   My son is working Spring training in AZ.  He's a MLB umpire.  They may see him!!!  He's number 78.