Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hey everyone, here I sit watching the snow fall, about 2 inches an hour they are saying and I think they are right, the wind kicks in later and tomrrow looks really bad so If I don't post it's because we have no power once again.  They said power outages are likely.  Sigh......

I did Total gym this morning, and rebounded for 30 minutes.  I did do the snowy trail with Logan, it was a little hard going but picture postcard beautiful.  It was freezing rain when I went and it was only 18 degrees so how does that happen.  

My phone about scared the ****** out of me just now...a weather alert!!!  Okay take me off the ceiling now!!

I think I"ll go check my soup, another soup.  Figured I can warm the pot on the wood fire, wash is done, dishes are done, water is collected, wood is stacked, bring it!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I am so sorry!  I am sitting here in my office with the side door open and a 78 degree wind of fresh air blowing through.  It's all gone in a few hours and reality is back tomorrow but not as bad as what you are experiencing. 

Stay safe and warm.  You are a better woman than me.  I was complaining about 40 degrees and cloudy when I was hiking on Saturday.  You put us all to shame!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Seven degrees....brrr.  The wind was extremely strong all night and still is.  The cable hasn’t gone off but the picture gets distorted once in a while.  The worst thing for me is that I keep losing internet signal.

@bopper, I meant to bring up what you said the other day about having well water.  We have it but I guess it’s different from yours.  When we have a power failure, we don’t get hot water but we still get water.  I had to laugh at what you said about washing up as being good enough.  I so agree.  During a couple of wintertime power failures I have had to get in the shower, soap up the necessary areas and brace myself to rinse with cold water.  Omg, miserable but well worth the result.  I live in a sort of rural suburb but you must be in pure country, lol.  My husband, who had this house when I met him, says he didn’t know about the well water or he wouldn’t have bought here.

Senior cCardio this morning.  That’s all.  I still haven’t gotten my eating and exercising in balance again.  Why, I have no idea.  Not crying about it yet but I am embarrassed.  Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Did about a half hour of running this morning before work.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Good morning all.  Well, we started the day at zero and the high is supposed to be 35.  I'm over it.

Didn't go to the gym yesterday, found out no one showed up for the zumba class.  Today I am boxing and pretending the trainer is stupid Darren (from the HOA) and punching his stupid face in. Well, the pads anyway.

Last night I was laying on the couch and Kevin (my young dog, who has his own Facebook page) was sitting at the end.  I had my hand up on the back of the couch and he was really staring at it, so I moved it suddenly to see what he would do and it startled him.  He sat back down and was staring at it again, so I did it again, and it scared him again!  I started laughing so hard I was crying and then Kevin started trying to beat up Lexi (my older dog) who was having no part of it.  I swear, I laughed/cried for 15 minutes until I literally couldn't breathe.  I haven't laughed like that in forever and it felt sooooo good!!

I plan on doing a couple days of cardio at PF this weekend.  Hopefully, it starts to warm up here!  Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Frequent Contributor

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

Well today was 22 degrees when I left for work.  We have a chance of frozen precipitaion today.  I'm going to the gym after work because it's nice and quiet there on Fridays.  A margarita after work sounds much better though.

Mmsfoxie  Hope you can stay warm!

DrKelli  What is Kevin's FB page?

Hope y'all have a great weekend Smiley Very Happy

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

It's Friday!  Its even cold here in the city by the Bay!  Well, cold for us.  Temps are really supposed to drop on Sunday with a new storm coming in.  Going to do all my errands on Saturday so Sunday I can hunker down, stay inside and stay warm.

This morning I did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone.  I ended up doing Mile 1 and Mile 3 of the 3 mile walk.  I pushed myself a bit too, which is hard for me to do at 5:00am.  Feel good tho cuz thats 4 days I've worked out this week and I'm lucky if I do 3 days. 

@DrKelli loved your story about your dog.  I love putting my hand under a blanket and moving it around and playing with Montague.  He just can't figure it out - no matter how many times we play that game.   

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Respected Contributor

Kevin Heflin, Bachelor Dog

Because he likes to give commentary on the I hate green beans bachelor blog.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well I shoveld us out and snow blowed us out today.  About a foot fell, I did good though.  I exercised for 30 minutes on my rebounder, and did my Reformer and then shoveled the deck, and snow blowed the driveway, and mail boxes and neighbors mailbox.  Took avbourt 45 mintues, the wind was brutal blowing it all back in my face but I did it!  We didn't lose power, or should I say yet.  I see cracks of blue sky too, but it's bitter cold.

Dr. Kelli that is so funny about your dogs, aren't our pets entertaining.

Foxxie yes our well is not operating without power.  No cold or hot, I mean we can turn it on but it's just a matter of time before it would quit running out of the faucet and I don't want that to happen.  

Judy cold by you too, wow I guess this air mass is everywhere!  

Laura, yes we get pretty cold here and very very snowy...But we love it non the less, the seasons are lovely

Ruby hoping your day is going well for you, I feel I got a lot of exercise just digging out!  I'm sitting with coffee now and my blanket....

Stay warm everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey, it's Saturday!!  This morning I did Total gym for 45 minutes and then Pilates reformer for 30 minutes some rebounding and some just stretching.

It's lightly snowing here and quite cold.  I think we are all ready for this winter to be over, agree?

I will hop on my rebounder this afternoon on and off too.  Just watching Hallmark and being lazy now.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!