Frequent Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hi Everyone Smiley Happy

Last night I went to the gym and did some cardio and my legs.  Legs are my absolute favorite things to do.

Sorry I haven't posted alot lately.  My husband's company is laying off half of the people nationwide that have his same position.  We won't hear anything until next week if he will have a job, or not.  It's very difficult at this satge of our lives, because we are getting close to retirement.  He has worked there for 12 years this month.  His previous job the same thing happened after he was there 13 years. The previous company sold the division he worked in.  I'm worried for all of the families that will be effected. Sorry for venting-

Ruby 

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

@RubyNoel   I have been through it three times.  It is the most nerve wracking thing.  I hope he's okay but I will tell you that you guys will be fine and even better if it goes the other way.  It's usually a blessing in disguise.  

Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Laura.  That is what I told him.

RubyNoel
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  Snow turning into drizzling rain later.  I can accept that, lol.

@RubyNoel , I hope your husband remains on his job.  As we get older, we need less stress, not more.  I think the wives worry more or at least show it more.  My husband is always saying I worry too much but he is the one on depression medication.  I always remind him he holds stuff in, whereas, I don’t.  Well, you see how I am on here, lol.  I let it out.   Yep, I get depressed, too, but I try to work myself out of it.....talking about things helps.

And @Laura14 , you were gassed, lol.  About every three months or so, someone in my Flexibility class lets one out.  I’m so praying I don’t do it.  Some of those poses twist up your guts.

This is Wednesday so I’m off to my hospital volunteering.  Speaking of which, I think that place is one of my eating triggers because I’m not that busy.  I’m in the surgical waiting room and they have coffee, (little mini muffins in break room) and snacks bars on hand.  They also have water but I forget to make that choice.  Starting today, no sweet stuff (my mouth to God’s ear).  If I can’t find control, I’m gonna request a change to another spot.  Not all work areas have snacks sitting there saying “eat me”.

Enjoy this day that the Lord has made everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, poor Kevin!  So strange that the medication isn’t working for him.  I hope he’s comfortable, at least.  This sounds expensive, too.

@JudyL , thanks for the uplift.  Yeah, I know I’m the one really projecting the negative thoughts because I see myself badly right now.  I’ll get over it, lol.  More important things in life than a weight gain.....unless a person morbidly obese.  In a way 15 lbs does negatively affect my joints, though.  It’s true what they say about every ten pounds hurts your bones.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@RubyNoel , sending good thoughts to you and your husband.  I know how stressful layoffs can be--I've been through a few of them.  This time of year is pretty meaningful to me because my former employer, who was so awful, actually told me that I didn't have the skills necessary to do my job and instead of firing me, he GRACIOUSLY (and please--use the most sarcastic tone you can) allowed me to job search and gave me a 60 day notice basically.  Frankly, I think he did it because he knew I would sue him--he'd been sued a few times before.  Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of me interviewing at my current employer.  Every time I've been laid off, I've ended up in a better place, so I hope that happens with your husband!

@Mmsfoxxie , the lady at the rescue in Mississippi told me that the 60 day test might have a weak negative, but this vet isn't willing to do the other shot.  Well, he will, but then the heartworm preventative company won't pay for it.  It's probably going to be about $1000 by the time we're done, but the company is supposed to pay for the treatment.

Today is restorative yoga.  I didn't make it to Restore last night--it was so cold, I just didn't want to go back outside in it.  Tomorrow I am subbing zumba and then I'm subbing another class in 2 weeks.  Unfortunately, I need to skip my regular Tuesday class to do it, but because the new manager is such a witch, I need to get my 6  subs in during a quarter.

I hope you all have a great day!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Earlier I was editing my post and poof it was gone!  Mmsfoxxie and Dr.Kelli thank you for your support and kind words. Today I'm feeling better. 

Mmsfoxxie  Your're so right about us stressing over things.  I've been especially worried about my hubby, because he just lost his Mom a couple of days before Thanksgiving, too.  His Dad passed may years ago and his only brother lives out of state.  Enjoy your day volunteering.  I work in a hospital, too.  We always have food tempations here and sometimes it's really hard not to have some.  My downfall is sweets,....esp. anything chocolate.

Dr Kelli  Your previous boss sounds terrible!  I hope Kevin gets well soon.  I looked him up on FB and he is a doll!

Waving to JudyL, bopper and Laura14.  I hope everyone is safe in the winter storm.

Oh, tonight will be cardio and my shoulders or back......My theraphySmiley Happy

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

Hey, I have been babysitting all day for my 3 year old granddaughter, had her on my Simply fit board, and my trampoline, she's a hoot, has me laughing so much.   And a snuggler.  I didn't get a workout in though, unless you call chasing her a workout.  We imagineray play too.

Dr.Kelli so sorry about your pup, that would stress me out a lot.  I hope he gets better soon.

Foxxie I think once it warms up and we can get outdoors, we'll all feel better...

Ruby glad you are feeling better today, I have the Winter blues I think!   Snowing again here!  Like will it ever quit?   Oh and I have a sweets downfall too!

Judy nice to see you, is it raining on the Bay today?

Laura, you have had your share of ups and downs too, I guess it just makes us stronger!  

I'm forgetting what was already said, sorry!   I'm in a brain fog from too much snow... Hahah

I'm going to relax now, she has left the building!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!

Gotta watch my pace this morning.  Early Zumba this morning and I’m determined to make.  I’m up early but time gets away from me on Thursday trying to get to class by 8:15.  I think it’s more than the time that bothers me.  The darn caravan of school busses that I sometimes encounter.  God forbid getting behind one that is emitting nauseating fumes.  Can’t let the window now because that is worse.  So I think, subconsciously, I don’t look forward to the trip.  Any route that I take, school busses are there.  All of my other classes start at 9:30, 10:15 or 10:30.  Never miss those except for weather.

Anyway, it’s Zumba and walking the track this morning.  Peace!

Honored Contributor

We had a small class today!  I think everyone is tired of swimming everywhere since it's done nothing but rain all week and flood everywhere.  I almost skipped myself.  I am so tired.

But thankfully I went and guess who showed up?  Mrs. Rudeness was back guys!  And the neon was kicking!  She skipped the warmup but did Arsenio Hall fist pumps after the biceps routine and after class because it was such a great mix of songs. She didn't use the equipment but just did some dumbbells here and there so I guess she can tick a class off her list.

The instructor was busy with the windex wiping the windows and the new white paint.  Apparently no one told the paint picker that eggshell white and flourescent lights blind people.  I may be wearing shades for the forseeable future.

Nudie came in with a jacket.  I almost died.  But then she took it off and we had a tank top.  She managed to cover the bottom quite well today.  The top was a mixed bag.

Uncle Vinny was back in the house.  He banged his weights against his step for a while because he was too lazy to bend down and adjust it.  Didn't work and he finally had to bend over and just do it the right way.

Adonis was in and actually stayed and did the class.  He complimented the instructor on her routine today and was very pumped up. 

The routines were stepped up with a lot of body weight.  I already feel it and I think I'm going to feel it again tomorrow.

I am super anxious and my heart has been racing out of my chest for three days straight already.  I really need to find a yoga or meditation routine to take some of this stress down.  March is the worst month of the year at work and it's a week away.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Thursday.  Prayers and well wishes to Kevin, and the son who I hope is on the mend, and husband's with work issues.  I also hope we all see the sun again at some point.  I am over winter big time.  Heart