Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Yes I know it's a few days early.................  

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

http://www.gymquotes.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/fill-your-mind-with-positive-thoughts-before-you-enter-the-gym-gymquotes.jpghttps://i.pinimg.com/736x/d5/25/1c/d5251c2ccdac011c63b72436c1d36caf--magical-christmas-merry-christmas.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.   I hope everyone is well.

Well, I’m coming out of hibernation today.  I MUST get my car maintenance done.  Tires need to be rotated, washer fluid checked, oil changed and whatever else is needed.  I should have done this in November but my middle name is procrastination, lol.  I cancelled an appointment last week so I can’t cancel today.  There’s some snow from overnight but not much.

Probably no workout today either but tomorrow is promising.  The temperature is supposed to be in the thirties!  Heat wave, lol.  So I’m looking for to Zumba tomorrow.  

Enjoy your day folks.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!  Well, my zumba class went well yesterday--but I only had 2 people.  The gym has effectively killed the zumba program there because people don't like the other instructors and the following that I was starting to build quit going because of the above.  And then yesterday I found out someone who used to be in my zumba class (when I was a student) and was seemingly one of my biggest supporters, was bad mouthing me in the locker room saying I was a terrible teacher and that I had no sense of rhythm.  Believe me, I've got more in my little finger than she's got in her whole body.  What a witch.  And she is loud, so everyone heard her.  I'm pretty sure people who have taken my class would not agree with her.  I'm not the greatest teacher because I don't have dance background, but I can keep a beat.

Today is my training session.  It is kind of expensive, but it keeps me going to the gym.  I do show up for that session.

I'm thinking about  joining the Planet Fitness near me just to make sure I go get some cardio on the weekends.  Tomorrow is just a hair appointment and it's a good thing because my bangs are driving me nuts.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Happy February!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  What a witch!  People are just miserable these days.  I'd say new gym time so I vote yes on Planet Fitness.  If my gym time wasn't free, I'd be looking too. 

@Mmsfoxxie  I hear it's going to ease up on you guys after today.  Good Luck with the freezing but fresh air!  

I did some walking around this morning.  It's supposed to be beautiful here this weekend.  Unfortunately, I have house guests again for the next week but I am going to try and make sure I go get my nature hikes in. 

And speaking of cars, mine needs a good cleaning. I may sneak that in and some yard work too if I can.  

Happy Friday!

Respected Contributor

Oh, I'll continue to use the one by work--it's free because I sub there (but I'm sure I will have to switch to a paid membership soon.)  Even a paid membership is okay--my work covers 2/3rds of it.

Honored Contributor

I'm on my way out to get my car taken care of and thought I'd jump in here for a minute.  Wow, @DrKelli, when a mean spirited woman she is!  We're all entitled to our opinions (cause that's what it was...maybe she didn't pay attention in school when fact versus opinion was taught) but we don't loudly share them in a public place.  That's one of the reasons I stopped posting in various forums.  You run across people in especially that Community Chat and read some of the mean things they say and it turns me off.  So sorry that you gave your all and that people in the water tried to steal your joy.......for a moment.  I know you're bigger than that (here's an old word) heffa.

I'm outta here hoping I don't have to use my charge card for my car.  Oh, wait.....it's the first of the month.  Pension payout!   I'm rich for about the next three weeks, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

Happy February Heart

Hope everyone has a good Friday and great weekend.  bopper, I hear your weather is suppose to improve.

I'm going to the gym after work to do some cardio and weights.  I'm not sure what muscle group I'll work, but I need to sweat!!

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

Well well well, here we are in February!!  Another month closer to Spring!!  I cleaned for dad today, took me 3 hours, I was tired when I got done.   But I came home and jumped on my rebounder for 30 minutes, 260 calories in 30 isn't bad...Over 12,000 steps so far today, no that wasn't from rebounding  LOL...wish I could rack them up that fast!

Warming up so I hear, by the weekend.  Not where some of you may get but I'm happy with 30!   Dang its been cold!

Yes Ruby, it's a good thing for sure!!!

Wishing everyone a great evening!

Honored Contributor

Morning, all.  Going to be in the thirties today.  I thought that was great until I heard on the news that warming up so fast could be a problem with flooding and foundations warming too fast, etc.

Good for you @bopper getting 12,000 steps in.  I’m surprised that rebounding didn’t count....going up and down like that.

Gonna go to my Zumba class this morning!  Yay......back to normal.  Valentines’s Day dinner dance this evening.  I doubt if I get wear the same red dress that I wore last year.  😞!

Have a nice day, everyone.