Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Morning, this morning I did 1 mile on the treadmill ( babying my hamstring/butt), Total Gym upper body and abs, planked 1 minutes, side planks 30 seconds each side.  Hubby got me a bosu ball for V day so did some abs on that.  Just standing on it is challenging for the core.  I am going to love it just have to ease into it.  Don't need anymore injuries.  Chiropractor is puzzled to say the least as to this hamstring/ butt thing but he said to not do squats on TG, nor over aggressive stretching.  He said I need to ice regularly, like 5 times a day, 15 minutes per time.  I wasn't doing it regularly, hardly at all honestly so doing that.   And I'm going to the new running store to get new shoes.  He said bad footwear can wreck total havoc on the body and honestly my Nike's are from Kohls and they look like a athletic shoe sort of but I can see they are a bee-boppin around shoe, not a shoe you should be putting lots of miles on like I have been doing, that could be the problem.  So will dig into the piggy bank and get good shoes this weekend.  Hate spending the money but need too.

DrKelli I saw the pants, awesome.  I loved them!  I love these games!  Hope your class today went okay.  

Laura never a dull moment at the gym!   

Foxxie enjoy the meeting today.  You are right you never know who or what you will run into at Walmart.   

Then the horrible shooting in Florida to end a Valentines Day, we have a very troubled nation here.   We need God back in our schools, in our lives!

Anyway better shower and get ready for my girl, have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper   Really?  I have the same issue.  I've been wearing my Skechers to the gym because they are just so comfortable.  I need to pull out my actual Asics again too.  My ankle has begun to bother me a bit and I know I had to switch shoes to get that right a few years ago.  That's probably exactly what is going on again.  Thanks for mentioning that!  

Honored Contributor

@bopper Do you have lower back pain lime you pinched a nerve or is it just ....not just ....but in the hamstring?  I hope it gets better soon....very painful and frustrating.

Still wonky on the treadmill as my head is not on straight!  3.5mi/45min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Bopper, yay that you got a bosu! I hope the doc's suggestions re: hamstring help. I know it's been bothering you quite a long time.

Bob Harper's new book is a disappointment. His nutrition plan is protein + good carbs + good fat, nothing new there. He defines how many grams of each you should eat at each meal, but then nothing to help figure out how much food it translates to. Just says read labels. There's a section on exercises to do, but nothing to show you what an exercise is. So for both food and exercise, in order to implement his suggestions, the reader needs to find other resources to figure out what he's talking about. The  book feels phoned in, is not very helpful. So glad I didn't buy it.  

Honored Contributor

@nomless  He was just on Dr. Oz I think it was with that book and I was listening to him saying, this is nothing new or example please to explain what you are actually talking about.  Good pass!

Respected Contributor

@MickDwrote:

@bopper Do you have lower back pain lime you pinched a nerve or is it just ....not just ....but in the hamstring?  I hope it gets better soon....very painful and frustrating.

Still wonky on the treadmill as my head is not on straight!  3.5mi/45min.

Hey, it's hamstring/glute right where the top of the high hamstring meet the crease in the butt cheek.  That's it, but both sides, the right more than the left though.  It's weird but I roll with it, we have no good insurance so that isn't an option and I am NOT a dr. person ....I'm going to try the new shoes, they fit you very well and ask all the questions about pain you have and where and even will work with your chiropractor to get you the best shoes.  Can wear them for 30 days and if they aren't right you can bring them back for store credit and try another pair.   Not many stores do that.     I'm old what can I say, things hurt, get over used...yada yada yada....I feel very blessed I am doing as well as I am.    Thank you for asking.     I hope you feel better!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, I didn't see Dr. Oz, but I sure you learned as much from it as I did from reading the book. Not much of anything. Those who buy the book hoping for advice they can put into practice will be sorely disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody.  Yesterday was one of the most foggy days that I can remember driving in in quite some time.

Senior cardio and walking scheduled this morning.  Be safe everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  We had a little storm last night that left just enough snow to make things miserable downtown where i work.  I didn't shovel my walk or driveway this morning and am hoping it will be melted when I get home.  The sidewalks are super slippery down here and the streets are just as bad.  We literally got less than an inch of snow.

Class was fun yesterday.  I only forgot one section (DOH) and I went home determined to learn some new songs because even I am getting board of the playlist I have (I don't teach often, so the students don't do my choreo very often). That's what I'm doing this weekend.

I have a trainer session today, which means weight training.  I'm off Monday but am taking my computer home tonight because they are predicting a pretty good storm  Monday night.

I hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Friday!

I'll make you all jealous weather wise.  We are in the 60s today going into the 70s for the next week.  Don't hate me because I am warm.  It's like Springtime out there.

I am going to do my BodyGym tonight and my planking.  MIght do some cardio but I am just going to see what I feel like after work today.

Have a great end of week!