Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Sorry about that @DrKelli.  The fault lies with your regular Zumba teacher.  She should have texted you first.  Unless she did and got no response right away and she panicked.  But I've learned that you can't always figure people out.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelli Oh....don't be too miffed at the woman....she was probably hyper-vigilante and thinking about her sick kid?  Or she might be a real flake....

3.5mi/43.15min on the treadmill

Happy Thursday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

Also new to this thread. Swimming is my favorite exercise, but it's been too cold to go to the club during January. Gave it a try today. With the sun, it was bearable. Kind of makes it seem like spring may be closer than the calendar tells us! Felt good to stretch those muscles doing laps. Think Monday and Thursday may work well with my other retirement schedule! How did I fit all of this stuff into my life when I worked a 50-55 hour week, was married and raising a son? Or, I also went back to school for two years while working! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  The official temp is five degrees.  A little snow tonight expected but Saturday night might be the eye opener.

The snow might interfere with my husband's grand daughter.  She's here by our house for a few days with her father and brother checking out DePaul And Roosevelt University where she's been accepted for 2019.  And a third one which I can't remember.  She and her brother are brainiacs like my husband.  (I have to say, though that hubby lacks common sense sometimes, lol).  I'm sitting here with them talking last night and this 16 and 15 year old are talking like they are thirty, lol.  They take all honor classes, she works part time and does volunteer work.  Too busy, wow!

Senior cardio class and a couple of miles on the track for me today.  I hope everyone has a beautiful and safe day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie--good for the grandchildren!  My niece and nephew are exactly the opposite, although at 23, my niece is starting to get her act together.  My nephew just turned 19 and is 'engaged' to a 25 year old woman with 3 kids by 3 different men.  Some of whom are in jail currently.  He's so stupid.

I have my personal training session today, which includes a robust discussion of the Bachelor (LOL--his girlfriend watches so he has to watch).  I'm going to practice some La Blast and some Zumba this weekend.  I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl, so I will have extra time on my hands.  I'm also going to start a biography of Alexander Hamilton so that I am prepared for the musical.  I really don't know much about him, but I've gathered from the soundtrack that he wasn't well liked.

Stop me if I told you this, but the rec center is interested in the water version of La Blast and I was thinking about getting the certification for that when I was at the conference in July.  I posted as much on a FB group for instructors and Louis Van Amstel (the dance pro who developed La Blast) told me that it is often the way in to teach a land class--by starting the water version) and the lady who does the certification class told me that she would be honored to teach me and get me prepared for having my own class.  It is a very supportive community.  I happened to mention it to one of my fellow yoga participants and she said if they brought that to OUR gym, she would take it.

Well, I've rambled on--hi to @bopper @BirkiLady @MickD and @Laura14 and anyone else lurking--have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, it's cold here too foxxie,   wind chill way below zero.   It's supposed to be like this for the next 10 days, where oh where is Spring.   Well actually we don't get Spring until May, and then can be iffy!

Today we are going to my granddaughter's 2nd birthday.  Her BD was yesterday, she is so adorable.  How can that face not bring you pure joy!

I did 16 miles on my xbike, 20 on the TG, and stretched on the reformer, planked and jackknifes.  In between this afternoon I get on the Air climber and get my HR up again.

BirkiLady welcome, swimming is great exercise, I'd love to be able to jump in a nice heated pool, and then the hot tub  Hahaha...Sun was out here but seems to be gone now.  

DrKelli I hope you can get this water class going, sounds like something you'd enjoy.

Laura hoping the gym isn't too crazy for you today.

MickD hi and waving to on the treadmill, I think you passed me  hahah

Not too much else here on my end, have a good rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  2nd birthday?  It just can't be!  Happy Birthday to the little one!  Heart

Respected Contributor

I had a good workout.  Before I went, I sent him an email that said "I'm really excited to work out today. Please don't scr** that up for me".  I did dead lifts, biceps, triceps and abs.  And remember man candy?  Well, I had demoted him because I decided that he really wasn't that good looking and he had an ugly personality.  I found out that I wasn't wrong.  Evidently, he had been taking pictures and videos of members, posting them on his instagram (without their consent) and making snide remarks about their form and the trainers they were working with.  So they said see ya.  he wasn't there today and my trainer said he didn't see him  yesterday either.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  LOL and what?!!!  Creep!
Respected Contributor

Well, guys, I've been wondering why the January thread was so quiet, until just now I remembered it's a new month. LOL. So here I am, a little late.

I'm happy to meet the new posters. Welcome! 

Today I'm going to the library book sale to see if I can find some books I want (can't beat the price at 50 cents each), then the grocery, then my workout. I'll do treadmill and weights. I found a bean salad in my freezer, will get some lettuce and slasa and make a good salad for dinner. Sounds yummy to me.