Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone.  The weather here isn't too bad either.  Low forties yesterday, thirties today.  But tomorrow and Monday will be in the fifties but rain. Especially Monday which will be stormy.  Probably flooding since all of that lingering snow will melt faster combined with the rain.  Sump pumps will be busy.

Zumba this morning.  Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning foxxie and everyone, it's cloudy here for the next few days and snow system coming in tomorrow through Monday and some of Tuesday.   I think I saw 1 day next week that was showing sun  Smiley Sad

I guess I would rather have snow than rain though but I think we all need Spring to come.

Not sure what I will be doing, I'm just having my coffee quietly and watching the USA hockey game.     I will be going to the running store for new kicks though this afternoon when hubby gets off work, then not sure.   We didn't go to the dog sled race last night, it was quite cold and we've seen it so many times, we did see clips on TV though and those dogs are ready to rock and roll.  They are so cute.  The youngest musher is 12 years old and an girl.  She was so cute and excited it was her first race.  I hope she did well.  They don't come into the finish line until Sunday morning.

I watched the Super G downhill skiing last night and was cheering for Lindsey Vonn but it wasn't her night.  

Make the most of your day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!  I'm not gonna mention how warm it is...very nice and sunny!

Treadmill 3.5mi/44.30min. My head still isn't on straight, but I gotter dun!  Also been vegetarian for 5 weeks so I've got that goin for me too.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I bought a bike!!  Well, my mom did but doesn't know it yet. 

My really early birthday gift is an Xterra 150.  Amazon has it for a steal (around $78 with their coupon) plus I had about $30 in points to apply so MINE!  It has 5 stars review everywhere I looked including here at QVC.  Also lots of great reviews from short people.   If you are looking, might want to try.  Even Walmart couldn't beat the price without the points.

I was about settled on the HSN bike some of you recommended but thought I would take one last look around.  Glad I did.  I can't wait for it to get here.

I also can't wait for my car which I am supposed to get back in the next few days.  Park here I come!  I dont know that I even remember how to hike it's been so long.  

@MickD  We are also really warm.  Into the 70s all week.  Crazy, crazy weather.      

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

Morning, I'm a dufas, I watch informercials on fitness, yoga retreat is on now, I recorded the new TG one too.  Then I watch them over and over, and usually pick up on something I hadn't heard before...lol

I'll do TG again today, some light stretching and then watching the Daytona.    Can't wait for baseball to start, my son doesn't feel like me Hahah...

Laura so glad you found a bike and what a deal!  You couldn't pass that up.

Free shipping on everything today so I am pondering the Cyclo 2 trainer for my TG, the addicts group on FB says it's fabulous and when I am not on my treadmill for whatever reason I could use this, just have to really think about it as I did just purchase those expensive shoes yesterday, which I know I "needed", that was not an impulse buy, well this wouldn't be either as I have been looking at it for over a month so I guess I can't say it's being impulsive, the other thing was the stepper that goes on the TG, that too has rave reviews.  

We may go to a benefit dinner tonight, to support local little league, my boys both played and hubby coached for years and my younges went on to be a Professional MLB umpire, so we are way into baseball.

Well my breakfast awaits, hubby cookes me a veggi egg white omlette every Sunday, he's so special!

Respected Contributor

Bopper, yay that you got new shoes and maybe will get the cyclo attachment for your TG. Maybe the shoes will help your hamstring issue.

Laura, yay that you ordered a bike. I hope you love it. Will you assemble it yourself or get help? It seems to have great reviews.

DrKelli, are you working on new routines this weekend?

Hi, Foxxie and Mick, I hope you're having a relaxing weekend.

I'm slowly recovering, but not working out again yet. Still very tired and congested, so rest to recover seems to be in order. I've been watching a lot of the Olympics. Watching curling now.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Feel better!  It says it is easy to put together yourself and the assembly cost was more than the actual bike so I'll do it.

Okay, QVC made me look with the free S&H so I bought my Vionic sneakers I have saved for over a year and the purple bodyblade which I also have been lusting over for years.  It even comes with a yoga dvd so I think my home gym set up and fitness routine is now complete and I am ready to ditch the gym which I'll have to do anyway once I switch jobs.

Excited for the deliveries!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Snowed Saturday afternoon but yesterday was beautiful and the sun melted the snow.  Today, upper forties, actually it's forty degrees right now at 6 am.

I bought nothing yesterday, lol.  I've got to be very frugal for awhile.  Had my taxes done Saturday and all I can say is ouch!  Since I retired, I've had to pay money back.  Can't cry over spilled milk.

After my WW mtg, I stopped by my health center and walked a couple of miles.  Today, I'm going to walk again, senior cardio and the strength & motion class.  Looking forward to it.

Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday, a new week begins.   Just getting light here and under a winter weather warning, for snow and freezing rain, not a good combination.  

Nomless I hope you feel better this week, it seems to be a slow process with all the stuf going around.

MickD your getting back there!   

foxxie glad your snow melted, not so much here hahha, maybe in May!

I'll do TG again and Pilates working around my injury which seems to be getting a bit better thank you very much!    I think the regular icing is doing the trick, how simple hey?  I just have a hard time not doing what I normally do, it hard for me to figure out cardio without using my butt and legs so much.   I think I may do P90X boxing or punching whatever you want to call it.   I won't be doing the kicks however.  

I almost caved and bought the Cyclo trainer with the free shipping but instead I used my head, ( imagine that LOL) and thought wait, they will have a free shipping day again and i know myself .   I'd get it, be all excited to try out my new toy and hinder my  healing, I know I would.  How could I get it, put it on my TG and not use it, right??

I'm proud of myself actually and I haven't made a Q purchase since the middle of December.   Watching less and less actually, everything is so expensive, clothing is hardly anything under 50$, and I don't need much and what I do, I'll find at Kohls here.  

Any who, more coffee...have a wonderful day!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14wrote:

@nomless  Feel better!  It says it is easy to put together yourself and the assembly cost was more than the actual bike so I'll do it.

Okay, QVC made me look with the free S&H so I bought my Vionic sneakers I have saved for over a year and the purple bodyblade which I also have been lusting over for years.  It even comes with a yoga dvd so I think my home gym set up and fitness routine is now complete and I am ready to ditch the gym which I'll have to do anyway once I switch jobs.

Excited for the deliveries!

Laura, I have that bodyblade, the purple one too.    It really does work ( if you use it)  Mine has been sitting unfortunately and I see it and know it's right there and I don't pick it up.   The yoga dvd is very hard ,  using the blade that is.  There is a learning curve.  If you are on FB there is a Bodyblade group, I'm in it.   It's called Bodyblade Ohana if you wanted to join.  They have files there with workouts in them and most of the people are well ( my age)  hahah  so "young"   Let me know how you like the Vionic workout shoes.   I am waiting for my new shoes to come in from the running store.  He showed me how bad the shoes I was wearing were, no stability at all and no heel cushioning.  Have you tried Vionics before?   I have not.