Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of flower and text that says 'Hello February F İre will always E xtingulsh unless it's B urning In your soul. R aln will always stop U nless it pours A gain In your heart. R eshape your mindset and Y ou'll reclalm your power'

Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning.. I am so anxious for Jan. to be over- I'm writing a day early in Feb.

This has been the winter of winters so far in CO. Hoping Feb treats us better.

@DrKelli - Thanks for telling me where you live. I frequented a couple of  farm stands in Brighton for produce( Lulu's and Berry Patch) - Dont' know much more about the area -but am sure its growing like every other place.

Not much to report.. rec center- walking when it isn't zero out and doing some stretches. There is a new place opening up called Stretchlab in my city- too expensive- but thought i would check it out.. Think the offer was $179 a month for a certain amt of visits.  As i said too rich for my blood- but was wondering if it's along the lines of massage places  and  something I could try once a month.  On the surface it looks good, but it's a franchise and some do better than others. Anyone else have one near them? 

Have a good day... I'm off to an appt.

Respected Contributor

Yay new month!

It was finally above zero this morning--still cold, but not eyeball freezing cold.  No snow in the forecast until next week. 

I did some restorative yoga yesterday to try to loosen up my hip flexors.  It helped a little bit so I might try that again today.  I had a rather cardio dance lesson last night.  I need to quit feeling so lazy.  This weekend is the big dance showcase, but I only dance one dance.

I just found out that my appeal for the $5000 medical bill was denied, so I guess I have to pay for all of it. I'm still annoyed because I did not consent to that test--especially since it went to a lab out of network.  I tried to point out that the doctor ordered the test and I had no say where it went for testing.  Insurance companies suck.

We're supposed to be above freezing here!  I'm so glad.  Today I go back to the ENT and hope he can 'pop' that ear drum out of the ear canal.  I think that when it shifts position--I actually get some of my hearing back.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli - that is awful about the medical bill!  I do not like insurance companies.  Don't even get me started on how I feel about the state of our medical care in this country.  Good luck with your ENT appt today.

Trusted Contributor

@DrKelli Insurance and HOA's- not on my list of fairness.. Since I have been on Medicare and a good supplement, the medical insurance part has been good for me.

I just paid my property taxes.. I could add taxes in the mix here too. Seems like everyone wants a piece of  my income.

Yes, warmer weather.. I'll take it. It was above zero when I went to the rec center this morning.

My Rt. Arm/ Shoulder- can't figure out exactly where the discomfort and limitation is coming from..I think arm.. Anyway re-injured it yesterday playing with my grandson. orginal injury from my fall a couple of weeks ago. Plus I did weights yesterday- perhaps not my brightest decision. Anyway, I made a PT appt for 2 weeks. In the meantime I am going to be kind to this area- no weights and passive exercises..  I shall remain  diligent in effort to heal!! 

Have a great day everyone..  I'm going to go check out that Stretchlab... 

Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday!

It's brutal cold here too, wind chill is -1.  The sun is nice though even if I have to look at it from inside.

Well we have a closing date on my dads house.   Seems sureal, and have mixed feelings.   

@DrKelli sure hope the dr. can get your ear to pop!!  How uncomfortable for you!

@violet runner my left shoulder is still not right.  Better but its the same one I injure time after time.  I have to get used to the fact I can not do any overhead presses with weights.  Lower back is better but still very tight.  The cold weather isn't helping that either.

I did several different things this morning, vibration plate with light weights, cellerciser with Jetti Poles, Jetti Poles on the floor with aerobic moves, reformer for after a cycling workout.  90 active minutes my fitbit said.  Haven't lost a pound or an inch either.  

Oh well at least I can move, I have to remember many can't.  

New month and I'm glad!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit I'm happy we do not get the brutal cold some of you endure. I do not like cold and wet weather. 

It's now light before 8 am. Yay! Went for a 60 minute run w/ my oldest son. He was my marathon partner last year and he's thinking about running another marathon later this year. I will not be joining him, but I will probably train with him when the timing works for both of us. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Good morning!

We are expecting above freezing temps again today and I could not be happier about it!

I did my trainer workout this morning and complained heartily about all the lunges I was made to do.

I got encouraging news yesterday at the ENT.  I told him that I could hear sounds like the keyboard when I was typing (the clicking of the keys was sharper) and sometimes the TV got really loud.  He kind of pooh poohed it and said well sometimes, the muscles in the ear spasm and can cause that.  But he did do another hearing test and when he came back in the room, he said "Well, did you pass?"  And I said--you're the one with that information, but I think I did better than last time.  He said--your sound recognition (when you have a hearing test and you hear the three beeps and push the button) has improved slightly, but your word recognition has gone from 16% to 80% and that is really encouraging!  I think your body is healing itself!

So my wishful thinking wasn't that--I am hearing better.  It isn't close to what it was before, but he seems to think that it will continue to improve and I won't need a hearing aid for that ear.  Plus he ordered a sleep study because my mom complained about my snoring on the cruise.  I just got off the phone with them and the technology is really something.  You don't have to go to a hospital overnight--it is a ring you wear and blue tooth to your phone.  And it's a 2 night study.  I should get the equipment when I get back from my mom's.

So that's my news--I have to run an Amazon return to Kohls this morning and other than that--just work!

@JudyL you  must be close to your retirement date? I can't remember when it is exactly.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli - yes I am close to my retirement!  Tomorrow is my last day! 

Esteemed Contributor

@DrKelli great news about your hearing.

@JudyL glad you mentioned your date ... I couldn't remember the exact timing but I thought it was sometime early Feb. Congrats again. 

It was cold for us this morning ... around 20 degrees so I stayed indoors and did 75 minutes on treadmill and 20 minutes working abs on reformer. Friday is my recovery day, but I will try to get in a walk just to take advantage of the sunny weather.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."