Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Friday boy I couldn't log in yesterday or earlier today... Brought me to a weird page with all the pic of the hosts....Geeze

I took an active rest day today, got groceries and ran some errands

@Mmsfoxxie  I still color my hair and highlight because I love to!  haha but my hairdresser said my grey color is not flattering haha go figure.    She said it's not a pretty grey so that was a done deal plus I like my hair colored and highlighted.  Many are letting theirs go natural though.  I have more white than grey I think....and so thin!  Hair not me LOL

Poor Texas, my nephew lives there and I talked to him last night.  He was fortuante to not lose any power or anything but many did.  He works for the oil refinery and said that's why the price of gas has sky rocketed and we noticed that too.

Bring on the weekend!

Honored Contributor

Oh boy, about gas.  I haven't been to a gas station in about six weeks since I'm hardly going out.  Guess I'll be in for a shock in the price.  Still have about half a tank.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday,

Today I did 2 miles on the treadmill, 20 on the TG with a workout from Cathe and Total Gym TV, and then 10 minutes Core bouncing.

Trying to get some Spring decor out and winter stuff put away although Spring doesn't arrive here until May Haha

What's everyone up to.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good morning!

@bopper I'm still getting used to having this boot on my foot and learning how to get around with it on and sleep with it.  5.5 weeks to go, believe me I'm already counting down.  LOL

Think I'll get the Leslie Sansone dvds out and even though I can't do the walking part, I can use the bands for arms and maybe move my arms enough to get my heart rate up a bit.  

Its a beautiful day here by the Bay and my DD is coming to get me later and possibly go for a drive and get me out of the house for a bit.  Learning how to use Instacart for my groceries and my neighbors have been good about helping too.  I'm thankful and grateful for the help I'm getting and other than getting used to this boot, things are fine.

Respected Contributor

Motivation Monday is here!!

I started with an hour of Trophy Aerobics Rebounding with I Jump Instead and then have started a 4 week Sun Salutation Challenge... I need the stretching bad and hope to get better with it as time goes on.  Only takes about 10 minutes for 4 rounds of it...

It's in the 30's today feels Spring like but snow is on the horizon they said for tomorrow into Wednesday.

I have hair today at 2, I look forward to it other than having a mask on for 1 1/2 hours.. I feel for those who have to wear them all day long.

@JudyL sorry about the boot thing but hopefully it heals this once and for all.  Yes use your arms because arms get my HR up fast.

Can you do stomach crunches on the floor.  Resting both feet flat on the floor and crunch up.  

Hoping y'all are being active!

Respected Contributor

Ugh--I can't believe it is already afternoon.  It seems like I haven't gotten anything done today, but I've been busy all day.

I had a meeting and missed the first 15 minutes of my LaBlast class, but did do the rest of it.  I taught LaBlast on Saturday and stayed for the yoga class.  The yoga teacher doesn't play traditional yoga music, so I asked her if she had a Motown playlist and that's what we did yoga to!!  It made it much more bearable.

In today's class, Louis made a comment about being enough in that present moment.  He went on to say that if you set a goal, but don't enjoy the journey, then it will never be 'enough' for you.  That really hit home with me because I forget to enjoy the progress I've made in ballroom--I always want to get to the 'next' thing.  However, I HAVE become a pretty good samba dancer for someone who doesn't have a background in dancing. LOL!!!

Hope you all have a great day--it's finally a bit warm here, although the stupid wind is blowing. boo.

Respected Contributor

Thankful Tuesday!

Today I did 50 minutes with my girl Rosalie Brown on the Total Gym, great full body workout and then did 30 on the rebounder 10 minutes core bouncing and 20 minutes sit bouncing alternating knees in to get the abs more.

It's mid 30's here finally but cloudy and windy and snow coming tonight.

Keep pushing everyone!   And if you are lurking keep lurking LOL

Honored Contributor

How is everyone on the beautiful day?  At least it looks beautiful from my window.  The sun is shining and I can see part of my driveway from our front bedroom window since some of the snow obstructing my view is melting.  Right now it's 43 degrees.

This morning I did some walking in place with arm exercises for about 45 minutes.  That's it.  Foot pain was less today.  Thought about my bike but didn't jump on it.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!!  Well, the temp dropped 30 degrees from yesterday morning.  Yesterday it was 40 something and today, it was 18.  The sky is blue and the sun is out, but they are predicting 4-9 inches of snow.  (some models have less than an inch, some models have over 9--so they really don't know).

Got my lablast on yesterday and have a dance lesson today.  I think I'm going to try the 21 day yoga retreat during the day--it is very similar to the class I take on Saturday after LaBlast.

Well, my big performance is on Friday night, so I have two more practice sessions.  I watched the video last night and I will say that I am in sync with my partner, but my samba rolls need work. 

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Good mid morning, guys.  Yeah this weather is scarier if year.  It's 43 degrees here.  The snow is melting at a good pace I think so that there's no flooding....well, in my part of town anyway.  I don't know which scares me more.... too much snow at onc or too much rain.  After our flood last May, I think right now I fear rain more.

Glad you're doing so well with your dancing, Ginger.....I mean, @DrKelli.  Top Hat was on the other day and you did cross my mind, lol.

@bopper, you're really staying on top of your exercise routine.  I admire those that can keep up without your body giving you the finger.

Well, have a great day everybody.