Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Hi Fitness lovers!  I'm a newbie on the thread, but I love Movin'!  Nice to meet you all! 💝 I'm in CT also ( shoutout to Amyb). Im 59 but have been a faithful excerciser my whole life and Not stopping' anytime soon!   Although I have some past injuries and need to be careful - 
I was mainly running ( short distances), and using DVDs, love Leslie Sansone. BUT I just joined Peleton digital , (not for bike or tread), but they have hundreds of classes. So far it's fun, and I haven't injured myself yet, lol! The instructors are all in their 20s... And I am always my own worst enemy, as a self-proclaimed Over-doer! 🤣😳. 
Today it's crummy weather day, so I'll use my treadmill and maybe a yoga class?  Enjoy and keep it movin'!  💝 Skye- 

Respected Contributor

Welcome @Skyegirl21 !

Good morning all!  We started out at 1 below zero, but are supposed to be in the 30s today.  That will probably feel like a heat wave!

My Lexi girl isn't doing very well.  She is not eating--not even baby food and she broke up her favorite treat, but didn't eat it.  I actually think the antibiotic upsets her stomach.  She took the last one last night, so we'll see if she eats something tonight.

My workout yesterday got interrupted by work--I could have ignored the call and called the person back, but it is so hard to get ahold of her, I took the call and missed most of my online class.  I'm definitely going to take LaBlast today.

Tomorrow is my dance lesson, so I will be practicing the samba roll foot pattern so that I can work on the upper body part of it tomorrow.  I can't believe how hard it is.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone.  Just checking in.  Have been in a lot of pain and unable to walk without a cane since Saturday.  Foot/ankle is swollen too.  Pain is better today.  Drs. office was closed yesterday so called today.  Have an appt tomorrow morning  Will check in when I can.  Hope everyone is staying safe in all this crazy weather.

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!

@Skyegirl21  Welcome!!!  Sounds like you have a great plan going.   That Peleton app is pretty good.  My son has the bike and loves the workouts but yes they do have  a lot of different things you can do.

I mainly use a Total Gym and AeroPilates machine along with my rebounder for my workouts.  I also love to be outside even in 0 degrees which it has been here for almost 10 days but I go out with my Sheltie every day and we walk a trail in the woods by my house.  I need my fresh air and peace.  I'm 65 and don't plan on quitting any time soon either!!!   So nice to have you here.

@JudyL so very sorry about your foot.   Pray the dr. can figure this out.....

@DrKelli I sure hope once Lexi is off the antibiotic she starts to eat.  That is worrisome for sure!!!   Get that dancing class in tonight!   You guys are up to the 40's today.   We're sitting at 13 which is higher than we have been in almost 2 weeks.

Stay safe everyone

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!

A nice cool (for SoCal) morning...60 and partly sunny.  Only 2 walkers on the trail....WoOHoO!

Ran 4.25mi/50min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday!    Show me what ya got!

For me toda was 30 minutes on the Pilates Chair and 60 minutes of I Jump Instead Trophy Body Aerobic Training on Youtube.  If you have a rebounder check it out.  Totally different than what most think of rebounding.  This is about pressing into the mat, not getting air.  By pressing into the mat all muscles get engaged so while toning and flexing every muscle in your body you are also getting your cardio on and so much more on the inside!

Sun is out, was 0 when I got up but it's up to 15 so heading out to the trail for a walk with Logan.

@MickD weather sounds wonderful!   And nice the trail was pretty quiet for you!

Lets pick up the pace here.   Don't concentrate on what you can't do but concentrate on what you CAN do!

Honored Contributor

Well ladies, I broke my foot.  No wonder it was hurting so bad.  I'm now in a boot for the next 6 weeks and have to wear it 24 hours a day except when I'm in the shower.  Since its my right foot, I can't drive either so am dependent on neighbors, daughter, and food delivery. LOL

Once I feel a little bit better and more used to this thing - its heavier than I thought it would be - I will try and do some upper body exercises sitting in a chair but for the next couple of days, I'm not doing much.

Take care and watch where you're walking!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Oh @JudyL I'm so sorry!  I hope you heal quickly.  I've had a lot of stress fractures in my feet.  They happened when I was much younger and I don't remember them happening, but anything having to do with your feet sucks because you HAVE to use them every day!!

I just finished a workout with my trainer--today's session went faster than normal.  I also had my dance lesson last night.  Our performance is next week, so my partner better hurry up and finish the choreography!

We had a couple of inches of snow last night, so my first workout was shoveling the driveway.  The snow is still pretty dry, so it wasn't too bad to move it. I dread spring when it weighs 50 pounds a shovelful.  This weekend we are supposed to get a little snow on Saturday night and then it is supposed to be close to the 60s next week.  I can't wait.  I'm tired of my feet being cold all the time.

Have a good day all!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Well, we are finally above freezing and the sun is out!  Yesterday's snow is just about all gone on the sidewalks and streets, but my yard is still very white with snow!  I feel so sorry for those in the south--especially Texas, where many are without power AND water.

Have my dance lesson later today and am teaching LaBlast again tomorrow while our regular instructor is in sunny Florida!

They postponed the race from last weekend to this weekend, but I already did it virtually.  Plus, even though it is supposed to be warmer this weekend--they are expecting snow on Saturday night, which means the course will be slick on Sunday morning.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Afternoon all.  The sun is out in my area, too, but that snow is not moving.  It's about 15 degrees right now.  I went out yesterday morning about did my best to clear the mailbox which is near the curb.  It must have been enough because we got mail delivered for the first time this week.

I'm still doing mostly chair exercises but I don't feel I'm getting much out of them compared to regular exercises.  Something is better than nothing, right.

Ok, ladies who still colors their hair?  One of the many things I've neglected during this pandemic is hair coloring.  I bought some L'Oréal a couple of months ago and haven't used it.  I'm so gray that I hardly recognize myself.  First time I've seen so much gray new growth, about six months worth.....wow!  I might just leave Mother Nature to her will.  If I use the L'Oréal, this will be the last time.  My vanity is quite diminished these days.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)