Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Friday!!   Today was all about Freestyle Friday!   Almost an hour of rebounding remember the movements I learned with I Jump Instead and then about 20 minutes on the Pilates Chair and 20 minutes on the TG.   Just came in from the trail.  I think it's 8 above right now and I felt good.  Not cold at all.  Logan loves the snow so we both enjoyed the peacefulness of the newly fresh snow on the branches.

@JudyL  so sorry about your foot hurting so badly that stinks.  Good call to just try upper body and see how it goes and a little porch sittin sounds good in my book!

@DrKelli  you are under the frigid temps now.  I think by next Tuesday we're supposed to be back in the normal 20's.   

Where is everyone else.  Sure seems quiet here....

Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody.

@JudyL , looks like we're having the same problem!  I have a bursa on the back of my left ankle that's causing my foot to hurt when I stand putting my weight on it.  I'm told bursitis comes and goes.  In my case, my quick weight gain during this pandemic isn't helping it go away.  I have no pain unless I'm in the process of walking.  Sitting on my butt is very comfortable.  Lol.

Or did you fall last year, Judy.  Sorry, I can't remember.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well, yesterday or the day before, I was given an appointment for the Covid vaccine.  Today I was put back on waitlist.  Drat!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie my foot is better today.  I wore an ankle support to bed last night and am wondering if that helped.  I didn't fall, the darn foot just starts acting up and hurting like crazy!  Not sure what the issue it.  I hope your foot gets better soon.

Today DD did come over and I really needed to get out of the house.  It was a beautiful day but a bit windy.  Since my foot was a bit better and I could walk a little easier, we did go to the park.  We parked in the parking lot and walked just a little ways in to a table that was in the sun and overlooking the Bay.  The water was sparkling and lots of people were walking their dogs.  It was so nice to get out into the sunshine and fresh air.  Because it was windy it was a little chilly so we didn't stay long and then she dropped me off at home.  

Have a good weekend!

Honored Contributor

That's wonderful, @JudyL!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!  Sorry to hear about the foot injuries here.   I did 4 miles on the treadmill this morning and then 30 on the TG....  Cold again around 5 today and snowing. 

I got a BlendJet today.  It's charging now.  I didn't realize there was a youTube channel with recipes.  Does anyone have this blender?

Not much else here today....

Be safe and heal up everyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!  Ran on the trail with my son Steve.  3.97mi/47ish min

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Well, the race yesterday was postponed.  The windchill was like 24 below zero--that's enough to get frostbite if you are out for any length of time.  I'm glad i moved myself to virtual.  It was cold enough on Saturday to cause exercise induced asthma--even though I was indoors for class.  I was still wheezing yesterday.

Hopefully, I will be getting in a lablast class today.  I haven't walked the dogs yet because it was 13 below when I got downstairs today--that's too cold for them.  I'm waiting until it is at least above zero.

I will be teaching LaBlast again on Saturday--at least we will be in the 40s by this weekend.  I seriously hate this cold weather.  And I hate this time of year anyway because every time you touch a light switch, you get electrocuted.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Motivation Monday is here!   Are y'all motivated LOL

It was below 0 when I got up also.

I started today with 2 miles on the treadmill

Total Gym 30 minute workout

Rebounding 60 minutes

Dog walk 30 minutes

Just came in from the dog walk.  Love the sun but it's so cold.  My hat has an attached mask to protect your nose but dang my sunglasses fog up and I can't breath walking in the snow with it.  I had to keep taking it off or the sunglasses and it's so bright out I was blinded by the sunshine.  Not complaining about sun but the cold... time for it to leave!  It's 5 above 0 right now.

@MickD  glad to see you!   Hope things are going alright for you and Steve.

@DrKelli  yup the cold sucks... At least you guys will be in the 50's again soon.  We are lucky to see that temp in May!  LOL

I didn't post yesterday but Valentines day was pretty quiet as all days are now.  We did go to 3 furniture stores to buy me a new recliner.  My hubby made me Haha mine is 20 years old with broken springs, and ripped.   He said he's seen better chairs in a deer blind!

Time to make me some coffee and sit a spell

Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone!  Nine degrees right now, a heat wave considering it's out of the minuses finally.  Over a foot of snow in my area!  We haven't been able to get the garbage can to the curb for garbage pickup in three weeks as of tomorrow, Wednesday which is our pickup day.  Snow is up to the kitchen window on the deck...Whew!

Yesterday I did general calisthenics....some standing up, some in the chair.  Doesn't feel effective but I guess it is.  If you really want to feel like you've graduated to the senior category, do chair exercises, lol.

ETA:  @bopper, I'm just now noticing your picture.  Very incognito, lol.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been using Every Plate meal kits and they've really come in handy during this terrible weather.  This company is the least expensive of any I've used.  Also small portions.  Foods pretty good, though...fairly basic dishes.  

Have as good a day as you can, ladies.