Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Injured my knee when moving boxes out of the garage. Didn't know I injured the knee until that night when I worke up in pain. Seems I stretched/strained a few of the supporting ligaments (side, back, front) so I'm careful with my physical activity right now. Icy Hot gel is helping along with an occasional aspirin. Range of motion is returning so i will try a light Cubii pedaling session later today. I'm very mindful of foot placement and knee direction as I move about, and the pain is much less. So, a temporary interruption to my intended workout routine. The knee "chirps" at me when I try to do too much or sit/stand/walk the wrong way and I sure can't lift anything right now! Hope to heal quickly so I can resume activities. SIGH

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!   Started out my workout with my Cellerciser and I Jump Instead Level 1 of Trophy Body Training 1.0 then went on to 30 minutes on the Pilates Chair leg pumping, 1 leg pumping and triceps.  Then treadmill for about an hour watching TV.   Just came in from dog walk and yes all of me was covered up.  Wind chill is around -20.   The sun is bright and it was beautiful and I was not cold a bit!

@LonestarBabs  so very sorry about your knee.  For sure be careful how you move until it's healed.  Sounds like you are doing everything right!

The thing about having all this sub zero weather is it's so sunny!!!

Stay safe everyone and remember work the body parts that do work and concentrate on what YOU CAN do and not what you CAN'T DO!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

It is so cold here, but the sun did come out.  It doesn't help a lot since I have very little hair left. I have to wear a hat any time I go outside--along with a scarf if the wind is blowing.  It is amazing how much I relied on my hair to keep my neck warm!!

Got a short workout in this morning.  I had to sit in on a call that I don't normally sit on, but I thought I should introduce myself.

My Lexi is having another bad day.  She didn't want to eat the chicken that I made, but she ate some of the chicken out of my wrap.  Go figure.  I ordered some bone broth for dogs--it should be here tomorrow.  I'm hoping that will help her eat some of the food.  She hasn't been drinking a lot of water today either.  I thought we had gotten on the other side of the pancreatitis.  She only has 2 more pain pills, but 7 more days of antibiotics.  I hope she starts getting better.

It looks like this cold snap is taking over most of the country!  We are supposed to be below zero by the weekend.  Yuck!  Come on April (spring doesn't start here in March--that is actually our snowiest month)!

Respected Contributor

Hey it's Wellness Wednesday!  Who's working out!  Seems our little group is getting littler and littler.   You know I want to keep it going but please post your workouts.   Doesn't matter what they are but inspire someone and maybe others haven't heard of what you are doing and would be interested.  

I started today on the rebounder with a I Jump Instead workout about 40 minutes and then did 2 other 10 minute routines.   Went on to the TG and did Rosalies Lower Body Challenge workout.  I wore a band on my legs the entire 45 minute workout.  Just came in from a doggie walk.   Hard to breath with face covered while walking though but a few seconds pulling it down and my nose would fall off.

@DrKelli  sorry about your hair and Lexi.  I hope the bone broth will attempt her to eat more.   My son said your state hasn't even started the 65 age group shots yet is that true?   I'm glad I had my second last week.  I wasn't even sore or sick.  Guess that is good because many said after their second one they felt like ****** for a few days.   

Made a good shrimp and pasta dish last night for dinner and tonight we're cooking turkey burgers.

Stay safe and please workout!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Another cold day here!!

@bopper that's correct--they haven't started the next 'group' yet.  And I just read that some vaccination providers are delaying the 65 plus age group.   I'm only 60 so I won't be getting one for awhile.  I did send an email to the governors task force asking why people who were essential to the infrastructure (energy, water etc) weren't in a priority group.  I did get signed up through my hospital system to be notified when there were appointments and am still on the 'rapid on call' list.

I had a good dance lesson yesterday and have my trainer workout today.  I was supposed to do a race on Sunday, but the high is going to be 7.  That's bad on your lungs when you are exercising, so I converted to virtual.  I am also teaching LaBlast on Saturday and will do the yoga class afterwards.

I used to laugh at people downtown this time of year--Denver hosts a lot of conferences and people would show up in light jackets or sleeveless dresses and I'm all--it's still winter here.  For at least another 45 days.

Hope you all have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Hello~Hope everyone is feeling well~

Today is still pretty cold in CT, but SUNNY, and we had a little more snow overnight...

That said...I had to run some early morning errands and while I was out and was dressed for exercise and warm enough...I drove down to the beach and walked the neighborhoods around there. Nice, brisk, fresh winter air. (and I'm so NOT a winter girl usually....but I find I'm embracing it more this year, for whatever reason.)

After the 45 minute walk, came home and did my indoor bike for 20 minutes and then did another 15-20 minutes of reformer...arms mostly, some standing legs, some stretching. 

Also, I haven't been posting and forgot if I even mentioned this last week...but dug out an old Tracy Anderson dvd I hadn't done in forever...loved revisiting it. I think I did mention it because I was talking about loving the variety, and needing to mix things up always. Did segments of that dvd all last week (and I kicked butt on things that used to whip me when I first bought the dvd!), combined those with indoor walking videos on YouTube with Leslie Sansone.

That's my update~

Happy Thursday, all. ❄️🏃🏻‍♀️🚲💪😎

Honored Contributor

Hey everyone!  I hope you all are healthy!!

I haven't posted in almost 2 months because I haven't exercised....  I had a cold/sinus problems, then family drama, extended family drama....just sucked the life force outta me.

Anyway, I got on the trail with my son today.....and boy am I out of shape!  We ran 3.19mi/39 min.

I needed the run too as I had a surreal experience yesterday.....very strange.....my former best friend and running partner was on Dr. Phil yesterday.  She is on today too.  Very sad story.  She was the nicest person before alcoholism took over.  We used to run 3x/wk and run races in the area too.  The daughters used to babysit my son.....just freaky to see her decline.  I pray she gets the help she needs.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all Today was a lighter workout day but planned that way.  3 miles on the treadmill and a little on the TG, no bouncing today.  Doggie walk.  Up to 7 today so no scarf on face but it was nippy...  The only good thing is that the sun is always out on these frigid days.

@MickD I am SO happy to see you!!  Remember I said you can post even if you don't do any exercise!!!  Silly girl you remember I'm sure.  We just like to catch up!   So cool about Dr. Phil but sad about the alcohol....  Nice run with your son and who cares if you took a little back slide..  You still did it!  Family drama never ends does it?

@amyb  nice to mix up workouts.  I remember Tracy Anderson.   Sometimes we go in spurts and everything old is new again!   

@DrKelli Yes winter is still with us!   I just hope we are finally out of the 10 days of 0 weather.  I look forward to saying March because then come April haha.... but now wishing the time away either.  So weird your state hasn't started the 65 age group yet.   My dad 93 just had his 2nd shot today at the VA.  I sure hope he doesn't get any reaction from it living alone and 90% blind.   He loves chatting with the old guys in the waiting area.

Made a turkey chili today so almost dinner time here.   

Stay safe and mask up!

Honored Contributor

@MickD so glad to see you posting!  I've thought of you often.  Sorry to hear that you have been through so much.  Running today is a good start to get back on track.

Well ladies something is going on with my foot and I can barely walk around my house.  Think it was about a year or so ago that I had this same thing and I was using a cane for a few weeks.  Hoping this time it goes away sooner.  I can't do much right now and being in pain all the time and working kind of sucks whatever energy I do have out of me.  Over the weekend going to try and do some upper body exercises while sitting in a chair.  Was thinking I could get down on the floor and do some ab work, but then realized that I wasn't sure I could get up without putting weight on my foot.  So, maybe will stick with chair exercises for now.

Otherwise, I'm fine.  DD is coming over tomorrow and instead of a walk, we'll visit on my front porch - weather permitting - for a little bit.

Hope you all are staying warm and dry - its raining here right now - and being safe.

Take care!

Respected Contributor

It is SO cold here.  I think the actual temp is 6, but the windchill is minus 15 or something.  Kevin and I walked around the block this morning and Lexi went out the door and was all, NOPE, and went back in.  I went to the grocery store this morning because it is supposed to be even colder this weekend.  I was supposed to do a race on Sunday, but now the projected high is 3 degrees.  The race starts at 8 am, so the start time would be below zero and that is just too hard on your lungs.  Denver is supposed to get 4 inches of snow on Saturday night too.

I have a dance lesson today and tomorrow I am teaching LaBlast and doing the yoga class right after, so I will get plenty of activity in.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!