Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper Thanks bopper. I've seen commercials for I think the Bowflex version of this thing. I honestly didn't know that the Max Trainer was made by different brands or anything. I think it's a mix of elliptical and stepper. Not sure when it will show up in my gym but I'll let you know when I try it.

I normally run everyday and prefer outside but I've been dragging myself onto the treadmill because of the awful weather. No words for how much I hate the treadmill.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, finally it's sunny but only 3 above 0.   But I'll take the sun from inside my house today!

@pigletsmom I hear ya, same here.  I love being outside, this winter has just been the winters of all winters, and not over yet.  March isn't looking good either, highs of 5 above next week, really???

I'll be doing Total gym this morning and rebouunding on my reformer.... Wish I had a more pleasant workout area but I don't.   Have to pretend i guess.  

Laura do you good with mostly organic products?  I'm trying to be cost efficient and yet trying to be more organic.

I'm looking to upgrade my reformer too to the springs version, does anyone have the springs.  I know some that have it but don't post here anymore.  Just curious how much you or "they" like it.

Guess I better get moving....have a wonderful day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  Well, we have a pretty nice day today, but then snow this weekend.  They are predicting it will end Sunday morning, so that's good--no crappy commute on Monday.  And no snow predicted for the end of next week, so I don't anticipate travel problems.

My hearing aid quit working and of course, there are no appointments.  The office did call me late yesterday afternoon and said if I didn't mind waiting, I could stop in and have the audiologist look at it and see if they could fix it and if they had to send it out, they could get me a loaner.  It won't be the same brand, but at least I will be able to hear and I won't be fretting about getting it back in time to go on vacation next week.

Yesterday was yoga and I actually did a couple of poses that I haven't been able to do before.  I couldn't hold them the entire time, but I did for most of it.

Today is really nothing, but I'm taking my music and because there is no class in the room where we usually have zumba, I'll have my own zumba class.  If others want to join, well, I can't stop them.

I emailed the group ex manager how disappointed people were about the decision and that some were giving up their membership because of it.  This little witch fired back "well, it's the member's fault if they don't come to class".  That told me everything about this gym--they don't care about members, they want bodies in the door and if they quit because they don't like the classes, so be it.

I did find a LaBlast class near me--it's on Sunday mornings, but at least I'll get a format I like.

Have a great last day of February, y'all!

Frequent Contributor

Good Morning, everyone!

Today is suppose to be the day hubby finds out if he will be part of his companies layoff.  We had some icing on the bridges and overpasses this morning.  I'm not sure if I will make it to the gym tonight or not.  We have a wedding to go to on Saturday, but the weather is suppose to be very bad.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!   Waving to bopper, Dr.Kellie, Laura14, Judy and Mmsfoxxie Smiley Very Happy

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

@RubyNoel , I'm thinking good thoughts for your husband.  But whatever happens--it's a blessing.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Dr.Kelli , I do believe that whatever happens is a blessing.

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Good morning all.

@bopper , yep, March is coming in like a lion here too.  Expecting 3-8 inches of snow by Sunday night. This kind of interferes with my last weekend before vacation plans--a pedicure.  I have a pair of boots that the toe collapses and exposes them so that you can have them polished and it doesn't mess it up while drying, but I think I'm going to have to go on Saturday BEFORE the snow is supposed to start.  I have a hair appointment that morning.

I also need to make an unscheduled trip to the audiologist.  My hearing aid isn't working and I've come to actually rely on it.  I hope I can get in this week.  It works intermittently, which is super annoying.

Well, they've cancelled all zumba classes at my gym.  I really dislike this new group exercise manager.  She doesn't care at all what members want and two people I've talked to have already said that they will cancel their membership.  I need to switch back to a paid membership so I can give her a piece of my mind.

Restorative yoga today and a not official zumba class tomorrow.  I said I would show up and have a class if others were there.

Have a great day!  (and Bopper, on the March thread, I was giving you a bad time after that one poster threw such a fit about being early!!!  LOL!)

Okay I got ya  LOL,   it's true though!   Just strange!   Hope you can get your hearing aid fixed and get your pedicure!