Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  We're still in the deep freeze and expecting snow for the next 3 days.  The only good thing about snow this time of year is that it is 'dry', unlike March's snow, which is like cement.  Because it has been so cold, it's still everywhere!  Roads are dry, but there's still a lot of snow.  Our southern mountains are supposed to get up to 3 feet. Bah.  I'm another one done with winter.

I'm subbing zumba today, so I hope I get a nice attendance.  I got an email yesterday about a studio wanting a sub for LaBlast on Sunday and Wednesay next week, but unfortunately, I don't have a full class prepared.  I did email the guy and ask to be on the sub list though.

Hope you all have a great day!  Maybe if we do the spring dance together, we can get some warmer, drier weather . . .

Frequent Contributor

Good Morning, everyone Smiley Happy

Well I don't believe the groundhog was right this year Smiley Surprised  I hope all of you in the severe weather stay safe and warm!  Our temperatures are back and forth.  Yesterday I noticed my daffodils have sprouted up, and it's still to cool for that.

Laura14 I hope you can find a yoga class or some meditation to help with your stress.  

Have a great Thursday everyone!

RubyNoel
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, I did a booty workout on my TG, then some free style, rebounded on my reformer for 30 minutes, and did some legs in straps, and pull ups using the pull up bar.  Then helped a lady stuck in her driveway, snow blowed, 2 peoples drives, and their mailboxes, my mailbox and driveway and I'm calling it a day!  Feels good to help others though.  We are all talking about this incredible winter .  We are now over 170 inches of snow so don't ya all complain you are getting 4 inches LOL....  We have no place to put it now, banks are so high its hard to pull out of intersections, 2 lanes are down to 1 lane, I have raised deck and it's to the bottom of the deck.    It can stop anytime, but another storm this weekend.   This too shall pass and Spring will get here, it always does, Keeping the Faith!

Respected Contributor

Hi all!

Well, we're having a regular buffet of weather this morning.  There was freezing drizzle at my house, so roads were a little slick, then nothing, then snow, then nothing.  It looks partly cloudy right now, but the snow is supposed to start this afternoon--at which time, I'll be hustling out of here.

Zumba was really fun yesterday, I had 3, but I let them play "this or that", meaning, I would have two songs for them to choose from.

Today is just strength training, so kind of dull.

Hope you all have a good weekend!  Remember, even if you do a couple of 15 minute sessions, you've still done more than the person sitting on the couch!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.

I have a Red Hatter meeting this morning so I probably won’t workout.  I thought about going to my 10:30 Senior Cardio class and rush over to my meeting but I wouldn’t have time to shower.  I really don’t like to shower there anyway although it’s nice with all of the amenities you would need.

@DrKelli , my Zumba class yesterday was just me and the instructor.  So your three was a big group, lol.  I told her if she wanted to do something else, I would just go do the track.  She said no.  So I had a personal instructor, you might say, lol.  Tomorrow, the weather is supposed to be bad so I might not make Saturday Zumba.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie , if it's just one person--we still dance!  I may dance next to the person if they know some of the routines and in the Zumba classes that I haven't taught--I've seen only one person in the class.  I have not had only one--I usually get at least 2.  I would love to go back to December 2018 when I had 10 or 12 in every class.

Honored Contributor

My mother mentioned weighing myself a few days ago.  I rarely do because it's just not my thing.  But it was in my head so I did this morning.  I am my first driver's license weight.  I couldn't believe i am down to age 17.  I don't look it.  

Still I'll take it.  Of course now I'm going to loosen up this weekend.  It is still raining here so indoor walking only.  Happy Friday!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, the bright yellow ball is out in the sky, what is that thing LOL,  finally!  My husband came home for a while to try and shovel off our roof, we have over 2 feet of snow on our roof, worried about leaking.  He got some done, but way too much of a job, needs 2 people anyways and I can't help, it's way too heavy for me and him having heart issues, I didn't want him over doing it and he didn't.  He stopped when he had to and went back to work.  We are preparing once again for yet another winter storm Saturday into Sunday, so power outages are likely....I keep saying this too shall pass and remember those words when I'm hot this summer, and swating bugs.

I did reformer rebounding for 45 minutes and then 30 of toning, an easier day today, yesterday with all the shoveling and snow blowing and working out today needed to be a little easier. 

Foxxie I know what you mean about the snacks and in a social situation we seem to just grab and visit and grab and visit, coffee, snacks....its what it is.   I admire you for possibly going to another area to volunteer to get away from it.  

Ruby I hope your husband can stay with his job, that alone is very stressful and then you don't know what you will do.  

DrKelli, poor Kevin, how old is he again?  I guess the weather there isn't great either.  My son just left for AZ, said it's sleeting and 42...what's up with that??

Laura, are you still posting recipes?  How is your mom doing?

Judy CA has gotten lots of rain.  My neighbor was there recently and said it rained the entire time he was there.

Wishing you all a peaceful Friday evening, I"m always glad when it's Friday, seems to be more relaxing and I don't work and it is still relaxing.

Respected Contributor

@bopper , Kevin is only about 4 (don't know for sure since he is adopted).  He's a good little dog, but about to go through some stuff.  He's so much stronger than he was when I got him--he had intestinal worms and he was super skinny.  Now he weighs 20 whole pounds and enjoys treats and carrots.  LOL!

I'm watching the weather carefully and if it starts snowing before my usual departure time, I'm leaving.  The radio people are already saying that the afternoon commute is going to be terrible.

Have a good weekend all!

Honored Contributor

@bopper Mom just had some screenings. A couple things no one seems too concerned about. They did find a heart aneurysm that is apparently too small to worry about yet but that's how her dad died. It's been on my mind but the doctor seems okay with it.

How is your dad? I don't think you've posted about him lately though I am sure that weather is a deterrent to family time.