Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

@Laura14 , if you need help with OSHA information, that’s what I do for a living. I’ve been in safety for about 25 years, 20 years as a safety manager or director.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, this morning I did 30 minutes on TG using my CycloTrainer to get an HIIT workout in, and then used my rebounder on the reformer for 40 minutes ....Just jamming to the music.

Hubby and son snow blowed for over 5 hours straight yesterda, that without stopping mind you to clear the driveway into this camp, and are now shoveling off the roof or it could collapse.   Spring is a ways off here in the North Country.   Like July!!!   LOL

Last night I have 20,000 steps in and the day before 19,000 and burned 3000 calories.   I'll take it!   Lots of walking shoveling and blowing, and repeat!  Hahah

Hallmark movies for me tonight!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!   I see it's quiet here.  I did 30 minutes on my reformer and 40 rebounding on my reformer.

What's everyone else doing today.    

Nascar starts today, soon Spring Training baseball!!!

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  Snowed a little yesterday and overnight but it looks like my area of town only got about an inch,

I have Senior Cardio and Strength & Motion to get through this morning.  I’ve got about 15 lbs on me since November and I am so, so embarrassed 😞.  I’ve been in this position many times but not since I’ve been at this fitness center with this group.  When this happens, you feel like everybody is looking at you thinking “I knew she’d gain it back.”  Boy, have I got work to do.  😃 

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie   Don't ever think that.  We all have been there where we need to start again or redouble our efforts.  And anyone who wakes up judging other people is a person that needs to find their humanity again.  Don't waste thoughts on the ignorant.  They aren't worth it.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I agree with @Laura14 .  Don't beat yourself up.  We've all been there.  Exercise, eating healthy is a lifestyle change, right?  Thats what you all have told me and sometimes there will be hiccups in the lifestyle.  I have no doubt you will get back on track.  Women tend to assume others are thinking negatively about us when, in truth, they are not.  We think negatively of ourselves so therefore everyone else must be also - not true.  Its a way that we tear ourselves down.  You and Bopper so inspire me every day with the working out that you do.  Focus on the postiive - that you are still working out and haven't stopped  - and give yourself a break.  The rest will follow.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.  

It started snowing heavily yesterday after I finished my post giving my exercise agenda for the day.  Suffice to say, I didn’t make it to my fitness center.  BUT, I still made good use of the time.  I got over 17,000 steps in and 15 stairs on my Fitbit.  And exercised in front of the tv.  Time goes faster that way.

Today I’m leaving about half an hour earlier so that I can get at least a 30 minute walk in before I do my scheduled class.  After the walk, there is Body & Sculpt.  Not sure if I’ll stay for Flexibility since I have a package coming that has to be signed for.  The notice I received from a UPS yesterday stated a delivery window of 3 pm to 7 pm.  Sometimes you get another notice changing the time for earlier.  At least that’s better than years ago when you had to leave a whole day open.  Technology, great!

Ok everybody.......enjoy and appreciate your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a good weekend.  I enjoyed my day off, but it was bitterly cold.  For a short month, February sure seems long.  I'm just praying that there is no major snow storm in 3 weeks when I leave for my cruise.  My mom is already fretting about it and I keep telling her there is nothing we can do about the weather.  But I can sure pray it is nice like it was last year.

I went to PF on the weekend and got some cardio in.  I prepared my playlist for Thursday's zumba sub gig--I put in all my favorites and added We Will Rock You, which is a Paso Doble for our "rest" song in the middle because it is pretty slow.  Speaking of Queen--they are supposed to open the Oscars!  I'm actually excited about that.

Today is our small group session.  It is supposed to only get to the 20s today boo.  I'm supposed to go to the Restore class at PF when I get  home from work.

I got bad news about Kevin the dog--he is still heartworm positive, so he will have to undergo the 'bad' treatment.  The vet said I could wait until I get back so that I can monitor him rather than rely on the dog sitter.  He's on another 30 days of antibiotics until then and these pills are huge.  I need to call today and see if I can actually open the capsule and sprinkle it on his food or on cream cheese rather than try to force the stupid thing down his throat.  The good news is, instead of 6 pills/day, it is only 2.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

I got gassed at the gym today.  First we had the killer bees last year and now the painters decided to paint the aerobics room a half hour before morning classes according to the Holy Toothpick who watched them do it.

We do not have gray but an ugly eggshell color.  They need another coat in several spots and why they did not open the two outside doors to air it out, no one could figure out. 

Anyway, I dragged myself through Pound probably completely high on the fumes and then came Power.  The leprechan is gone which I am really sad about.  I was hoping the instructor swap was permanent.

Adonis came to class, set up, and then disappeared.  I guess he was either strutting around the floor gym or went to the bathroom and got lost in his reflection.  He did manage to tear himself away and came walking in as we were all leaving with a water bottle like he actually participated.  Dude, please!

Nudie, nudie, nudie, yes she was a nudie.  The see through pants are back.  We had a decent top but there was no mystery down south.   My eyes joined my nose with sensory overload. 

We lost a lot of newbies this week but then picked up even more!  I really don't get it!  I am really tired of getting up at 4:30am in the morning and then having a crowd.  Maybe winter is just getting to me and I need the time change but I am way overdue for some changes and the morning classes might be going bye bye as much as I hate to do that.  I do much better with structure and the weight class is hard to replicate at home.

Uncle Vinny was a no show.  PigPen is thankfully sparse since New Years.  And I have not seen Mrs. Rudeness in forever although the newbies coming in late are currently vying to take her place.

Have a good day all!  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, we are finally having sun and blue skies but mind you don't let it fool ya, minus 10 here this morning.   I just tried scraping the ice off of the deck, it's dripping from the roof onto the deck and is like a skating rink, the house room has lots of snow on it and the edge is abou 2 inches or more of ice.  Hubby doesn't seem worried,,,I kind of beg to differ.

I did Total Gym Booty blast this morning and a little extra, not as strenous as some of my other days but that's okay.  My middle back is really tight, I think it's the shoveling, I can't lift my granddaughter right now but she's 3 and doesn't need lifting but she still likes to play in the crib with her babies,.she sleeps in a big girl bed but we haven't taken her crib down, so have a crib and a twin bed in her room here.  

Foxxie don't worry about the weight, it's so dang hard and you are doing your best and we all mess up sometimes, we just start over again.   It happens.  

We are over 165 inches of snow right now, and its only mid February....Incredible!

Dr.Kelli, Laura, Ruby, Judy, and nomless ya all take care...Maybe if we all do the Spring Dance we'll get our wish!