Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE FEBRUARY EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

@bopper  I have lots of Vionic shoes.  I had one pair of sneakers that were a bit big on me.  I do like the Vionic brand.  I have flat feet so it really has helped me a lot.  I use their inserts in all my other shoes.  I got the hiking shoes which I figured I could use in my new job and on the trails.  If I really like them, I'll order another pair.  Having some extra ankle support is never lost on me.  I hope they work.

That's great to hear that the BB works.  It always gets great reviews.  I was looking at the chart with the yoga moves and definitely I'll be working up to that.  Some may be never no way but I'll try it.

I was so excited I found a restorative yoga chapter in my book last night.  Did my back stretcher and then did a lot of the seated poses to stretch out.  Slept right through the night last night.  I'm going to try and make that a nightly thing.  

I did a whole self care night too and actually scrubbed and moisturized and used my PTR beauty products and masks.  I'm a little hotter this morning and it feels good to be back in routine.     

I am pretty much working from home today so it's a semi holiday day off if everything stays quiet via email.

Have a great Monday all!   

Honored Contributor

@nomless I hope you're feeling better!

This website is wonky for us pad users.  The font and graphics are soooooo small!

I was Haaaaaaangry and ate before working out.....epic fail.  Jogged and walked 3mi/42.30min.  I need to get more protein in my diet...

Happy President's Day everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Rained all night.  Sometimes hard with thunder and lightning.  Still raining this morning but not a short bad.

@MickD, yeah this font size is terrible!  I use #4 and it almost looks like #2 on my iPad.  I have to enlarge it with my fingers to see it.

Classes the morning are Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and Zumba.  It's gonna be a great morning to workout.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Bopper told me Cater was here asking about me so thought I would check in.  Cater...you're so sweet to even think of me...hope you are doing well!  It's hard to post when you've been gone so long...I forgot how to log in...lol!

We're all moved in and loving our new house.  Of course love being by the kids(they were over for dinner and Olympics Friday night and we usually do church and lunch on Sundays if DS isn't on-call) and enjoy where we live.  Once again, I can go hiking right out my back door, we even have a creek on our property surrounded by a bunch of wildlife..including fox, a bear, and coyotes which isn't good with Lucy.

Kids are doing well but very busy. DIL is still working 2 full-time jobs so well over 100+ hours a week but they are giving her 4 more people so that will help. DS is working, doing his clinical surgery rotation, and school. He had a bad spell right around his infusion time but seems to be doing much better this week. That is the one thing that still brings me to my knees. I love being able to see them every week, they are my world.

How is Coco and Shadow nomless?  Are you still at the library?  I thought of you, I overdid it last week and had my old nemeses knocking on my heels...Plantar Faciitis.  I have 2 friends doing the CF Open. DH and I have a little set-up in the basement where we can do some CF WODs. I fell off the box the other day doing box jumps...thought I had one more left in me...nope...lol!

Laura...arm all healed...work any better? (Yes, that's where I left off...probably old news...lol)

MickD...pond complete and onto new project? Based on previous post, glad to see you're still running so I guess your foot is doing well.

DrKelli...still teaching Zumba?

MsFoxxie...still hitting it and taking some time off with the Red Hat ladies? 

Judy...still traveling? 

bopper...not much to ask as I've talked to you often...lol. Hope all is well there.

Started "running" again(If I can stay out of a flare...won't even get into that). I did VO2 interals with our IFit program(love it, it's on our Nordic Trac treadmill and you can select all kinds of work-outs, even HIIT and strength training. Like having your own PT or running coach right at your fingertips) and hit 11 for one of my intervals...haven't seen that in a while.

I was going to do a run DH is involved in but realized it's the same weekend I am obligated to help a friend(take care of her dog) so won't be able to go(it's out of town)...the kids were going to do it too and they just realized it's the same weekend as a reveal party they have to attend...so we all bailed on him...lol! 

Hope everyone is doing okay...and I didn't leave anyone out.  Maybe I'll try and check-in once in a while but I do think of you all even when I'm not! 

Respected Contributor

@Iluvlucy, I was so happy to see your post and to read that things are good there. So glad you're in your new house and that you, dh, kids and Lucy are ok. We miss you, hope you'll continue to post sometimes.

Coco and Shadow are ok, thanks for asking. I did go through a rough time with Shadow losing weight, but he seems to have stabilized and is ok now. I'm trying to find food he likes better so he will gain some weight, but not much luck with that. Will be satisfied if he can at least hold hiss current weight.

I'm still at the lib, but still not liking it. I keep looking for another job that would be only 15 hours a week, but no luck with that and don't want to work more. So will stay put for now.

I started doing my workouts again, cardio and weights, on days I don't work. My lib days still count as a workout in my mind, but I know I need to do other cardio and strength training. No more excuses. 

Fun to have some CF and Nordic Track in your basement! Sorry you're dealing with PF. Happily, my feet are good now....no PF, no callus, LOL. 

Hi to all. Make it a great day!

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  So good to see you!!  Glad to hear everything is going well.  My wrist still bothers me a bit especially trying to do biceps curls but it's getting better every week.  I am almost a certified pharmacy technician so I will be changing jobs hopefully for a better one shortly.  Heart  to you and your family.

So it's gym day and I am afraid I am going to be disappointing.  No Nudie.  No Ms. Rudeness.  Even Adonis gave it up today or is too involved with his personal mirror to take a ride in. 

Speaking of, my car is back!!!  And yes I cried.  I almost slept in it last night to say hello.  The first thing I put back in it was my yoga mat and a tribble.  But back to the gym.

I guess the Valentine's Day crowd figured out that one workout the day before doesn't help you look better in bed.  We were kind of normal numbers today.  No crowds.

Right off the bat, the Pound instructor wanted us to do an online commercial for the gym and video us at 4:50am before class started.  Um, no.  I have zero makeup and it's rainy and foggy so my hair is all frizzy and I look like a brillo pad somewhat under control so nope.  Plus I have family members that actually make a living doing commericials.  I want my check and some notice and I'll smile pretty for the IPhone next time.  I was the only one who sat it out.  Tough.

She FINALLY changed the Pound music to some better stuff but it was all lunges.  Could have used more variety but I'll take the new music anytime.  It was really getting old.  She somewhat promised Bruno Mars next week.  We'll see.  Don't tease me with that.  I love that man.  Only Prince has him beat.

Then came Power.  Not a fan of the old routine she picked out and neither is Vince, the retired New Yorker who got vocal about it with me.  Can't take us Yankees anywhere in the South without our mouths opening up.  Well, she asked and I am not Pinnochio.

Still doing some back stretching and yoga at night which I love.  Got my book out and just going through the different chapters and poses each night.  Can't wait for my stuff to get here so I can really start a home workout routine. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

Hi @Iluvlucy!  Glad you checked in and glad you are all moved.  I still. sub Zumba once in awhile!

Oh my--we had a terrible storm yesterday.  The snow amount wasn't awful--I got about 4 inches, but it is bitter cold, so there will be no melting any time soon.  And they are expecting more snow toward the end of the week.  The roads are terrible, but I did make it to work this morning.  I waited until it was starting to get light out because it would be easier to see the roads.  It took me an hour and 15 minutes to drive 23 miles.  I thought about working from home today but didn't want to be the only one to wuss out.  About half the staff is here today.  I know HR is working from home and had she responded quicker to the text I sent, I probably would have stayed home too.

I got my new playlist put together for class.  I have 5 new songs, so about half.  Maybe I'll just add one at a time instead.  I still need to learn them.

I will not be making the trek down to the gym.  First, I got my exercise in this morning by shoveling my driveway and sidewalk, which took almost a half hour.  Second, it is about 5 degrees and not supposed to make it about 20.  This is more January cold than February cold.

I've got 14 more work days until vacation.  The countdown is ON!

@Laura14, too bad about the gym HaHa!  I know you loathe those idiots, but we find them hilarious.  I hate when an instructor has bad music.  Terrific news about your car though!

To @bopper@nomless and @Mmsfoxxie--waving hi!

Hope you all have great days!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy Well, howdy stranger!  It sounds like you are all settled in to your new digs!  Your DIL must be like the energizer bunny working all those hours!

What kind of medicine does your son want to practice?

I bet the kids love having you close too!

Pool is done.  All we need to do now is stucco some of the brick wall and have it painted.  The house needs some touch up paint too after all the construction.  Nothing else on the schedule.....next year we need to do a bath remodel.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hey all, nice to see so many posts, we had a bad storm last night, started with freezing rain and then snow, when I shoveled this morning it was shoveling stained glass, the shovel would hit the snow and it would all crack apart like crackle glass.  Very slick, schools were all closed and a fatality not 4 miles from my house, and a young 18 year old gone forever, so sad and I can't imagine his folks.

I did TG again, lower level and lots of reps, then lots of abs, on the gym and on the bosu.

Wanted to watch the USA hockey game last night but starting at 10:10, I can't stay up that late, so I already saw who won, but it just started again now in replay so have it on.

I think the next hockey game is at 10:45 pm....this time change is killing me..I like watching live.

Lucy so glad you posted, and hope to talk soon.  

Not sure if you saw my latest message I sent you, I thought it was nice so hope you saw it.

Waiting for hubby to get home, has to blow out the driveway first and then I have a chicken in the oven.    He bought me one of the salt lamps, supposed to give off good vibes I guess and be good for you, the color is soothing though and from what I read many use them for different issues.  Some people have them in every room of their house.  

Oh, here comes the hubby, have a good rest of your night !

Valued Contributor

Try to remember everything so here goes quickly before I forget...Nomless, sorry about Shadow. I know it's unsettling when our pets aren't well and we don't know why, I've had some bouts with Kit too.  I hope you can find something else, I hated working a job I didn't like.  Yay!  So glad to read you're back at it, I knew you would...everyone has ebb and flow in their lives.  Yes, we have a really large basement with quite the set-up...treadmill, bike, rower, Reformer, bench, free weights, TRX, weighted bars, box jump, etc.  The kids are giving us their Total Gym so we'll use that as another station in our circuit trainings.

Laura...Congrats on the Pharmacy Tech!  I don't think I knew you were doing that!  That's a good thing to get into. DH's shoulder that he had the big surgery on in 2014 still bothers him(he thinks the screws hurt and where they ripped off his bicep muscle. Also recent MRI shows he still has a tear in it)...between that and his back, he can't do the really heavy weights like he used to.  I bought him 50-lb dumb-bells and said he isn't going any higher...lol. 

Dr. Kelli...glad you're still doing the Zumba gig, you seemed to really enjoy that. My gf in Montana had 2 storms last week so they got over 5 feet in a week. She sent me a picture and she can almost walk from her deck right onto her roof.  Would you believe we had terrible storms and rain last Friday, even had a tornado by us...and lots of flooding.  Pittsburgh is still under water in some places and roads still closed. DH had a dinner with clients last night and it took him an hour to get to the restaurant from his office.  Then Saturday we got 3 inches of snow...then yesterday we broke a record for the entire month of February for warmest day. 

MickD...she is a mover and a shaker!  She's also pregnant!  22 weeks today...WOO-HOO!  I was going to go back to work(if these flares ever get under control) but now I'm going to babysit.  DS is loving surgery and they are loving him...they said they'd love to hire him. The only thing he knows for sure is he'll never do Family Practice(too boring), Oncology, or OB(he's too much of a softie and the hard times are too hard).  He's thinking general surgery or Cardiology.  He also wants to be a Professor for Anatomy and Pharmacology on the side...lol.  I bet your pool is beautiful!  We still have the yard, landscaping beds, driveway, driveway pylons, and fence to do this year...might wait unti next year for firepit but we have the gas lines ran out to where we're putting it. 

bopper...I never know when I turn it on if it's live or a repeat...we have 2 different channels here and i don't pay attention so I get confused.  I have to say, I've never seen more people fall during the Olympics in my life...what on earth. It's the Olympics!  I hate seeing them fall, my stomach jumps and it makes me nervous. Back home in WI had that same storm...covered in ice, no school.

MsFoxxie...hope you're okay!  I'm sure you'll post later.

Did Pilates(got an upgraded Reformer and I love it) and Yoga for runners this morning, now have to get my cardio on. DH is already gone and he got home at 10 last night...I've been getting up with him at 4:30 to workout. He's a beast.  I held my handstand in a yoga pose yesterday for a really long time, I kept thinking I was going to come down and I didn't!  I have bible study and have to let the boys(grandpups) out today...so better get my groove on.