Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning all.  It's a pretty day here--cold, but sunny.  The next two days are going to be challenging.  Just long and tedious.  Tomorrow especially--for some reason, I have been scheduled to present last at our plant manager's meeting--normally I leave around 3 and they didn't put me on the schedule until 3:45 to 4:45.  Which means I'm going to be in the worst of rush hour when I leave here.  I managed to get out of the annual holiday party, so at least I'll get home earlier than that.

So my university of Phoenix class started with 15, I'm down to 10.  Out of those 10, 6 did not submit their assignment this week.  And guess what--all 6 are failing.  In addition, there was a team project due this week--3 teams--one team didn't submit, one guy submitted for his whole team and the other submitted 3 different papers.  There was absolutely no discussions in the team forums about the assignment.  These people have been in school awhile because it is a  300 level class, so like a junior level.  It is unbelievable.  

Today is yoga and I need it.  I skipped yesterday because my back was not right and because I have to teach tomorrow, I didn't want to risk making it worse.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I thought University of Phoenix was online??  If so, how do they do team projects?  I only have two years of college, of which, I was involved with several team projects.  Hated them.  There was always someone who didn't pull their weigh.....always excuses.  Only excuse I accepted was the one time the student was very ill 😷 Through most of it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

It is online and there is a team forum that they can discuss the assignments. It's a little more challenging than being able to meet in person and yes, there are those who don't do anything and one student will do the heavy lifting.  I would be that student because my grade isn't going to suffer because of the lazy people on my team. But I've never had a class where EVERYONE was that way.

I just got an email from the guy who actually submitted the assignment for his team and he had never heard of collaborative learning.  How has he been a student at Phoenix and not heard of that?  It's required in every class!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, got my TG workout in and babysitting this afternoon.  I feel like poo though with this cold but working out actually helps me get better faster.

DrKelli I love how your state is almost all sunny.  When we were there every day is sunny, every day here is gray, it gets to you after a while.  I don't mind the cold though.

I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner.  Wow, where does the time go?

Sorry so short I have to get ready for my granddaughter to arrive.   Have a good day everyone!

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Welcome back, @bopper!  Except for the airport situation, sounds like you enjoyed your trip.

Thank you @Mmsfoxxie I so enjoyed my grandson!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@bopper  Welcome Home!  Glad you had a good trip and safe travels.  I get Logan was glad to see you.  Hope you got lots of love from him.

Thank you @JudyL he sure has been cuddly!  He's my boy!!!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I thought I was the only one profiled at the airport?  @bopper  I am so sorry your husband lost his new vest.  I don't know if they do a charge send to you but maybe it's worth an email to the airport lost and found?  

Glad you had a great time and flying was no big deal.  It sounds like you had a nice visit.  I hope you feel better.  

I got my main gym day cancelled this morning so I am going to step up my game as well these next two days.  I'm already facing a two week cancellation once Christmas and New Years hit in a few weeks. 

Welcome home!!  

@Laura14 he tried calling the airport and 4 times was disconnected, saying " we don't understand your response"....so annoying so he emailed them.  Hopefully will get an answer soon.    We had a very nice visit and seeing my grandson who I rarely see warmed my heart!

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@bopper, I run a humidifier in the winter, mostly so I don't electrocute myself when I touch a light switch.  As soon as the windows can be open, I put the humidifier away.  And what you said about catching a cold if it is dry and warm is not true--colds are viruses, you catch a cold if you are exposed to the virus.  You cannot catch a cold by going outside with your hair wet either (my dad's favorite) or if your feet are cold.

As for pre-check--I have been patted down several times too.  It is a random selection (if you don't set off the alarm).  It's just part of travel these days. 

If you contact the lost and found at the airport about your husband's vest, they may be able to find it.

@DrKelli thank you for clearing that up for me, I thought it made your resistance lower, hence easier to catch a cold.  I've caught a cold every time I have gotten home from their house.   We emailed the airport, tried calling and got hung up on 4 times, my husband was "going over the edge"  LOL...

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

I guess the shortest day hasn’t come yet.  (I know it’s in December).  On Wednesdays, my volunteer day, my hours are 12 to 4 and you should see me rushing out of there to get ahead of the darkness, lol.  Yesterday, I barely made it.  A little construction slowed me down, too.  My cataracts are said to be minor but there is definite vision distortion after dark.

This morning there is ZUMBA!  With weights.  Looking forward to some great movement for this senior body.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I did my one and only formal gym class this morning.  The girl behind me and I were dying.  We were so shocked.  Normally if you skip a class you are that much fresher.  No way Jose today!  I was struggling on some tracks and she was shaking by the end of it.  

I still did my increased weight factor on some of the tracks and I'm still proud to be keeping it up.  But not keeping up as we should.  It may be the run I did.

You can tell I have not run in a while.  I did not have the proper footwear and ran on a new surface and some areas of my feet are really hurting and rubbed a bit raw.  It made planking interesting this morning.  

Nudie was in the house again with clothes.  The top was a little sketchy but for her it was a good effort.  Adonis was also there and gave me a smile as I left.  He was feeling good.

Lots of gentleman at the gym.  One guy held the door as we were leaving the fitness room and then another when we were walking out into the cold.  Well done, Mom!  Don't see much of that anymore.  Manners are becoming so scarce.

I can't believe it is Thursday already.  My BIL has been asking me to help him with his business forever and I just couldn't say no to him anymore especially after everything he's helped me with lately. 

So I have a new PT job doing his accounting for him.  Cleaning it up is the worst!  I think I have him as clean as it's going to get and it should be smooth sailing from here.  I spent all day yesterday getting his credit cards in line and expensed.

Anyway, have a great day all!