Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!  We were supposed to have snow yesterday, but it was just enough to be annoying.  Supposedly we are supposed to have the same tonight.

@bopper, you can leave everything in the back pack.  The only thing you will take out is your baggie of liquids and your laptop or tablet.  I have TSA pre-check so I haven't had to do that for awhile.  Just put them on top of the bin with your coat/shoes.  The backpack doesn't need to have a bin.

This was a glorious weekend.  I literally did not have to do one thing (except laundry, which was finished Friday night)  It was super cold, so I really didn't leave the house except to walk the dogs.

This week is the usual.  I still need to learn choreography for the missing holiday song.  I should have done that this weekend, but it was so nice not to do anything.

I got my keyboard set up and my fingers remember what to do.  I ordered some new music from Amazon which should be here today.  The very first song I had to memorize--I still know and was able to play that.  TI actually ordered the primer that it was in and looked at it on Amazon just to verify I remembered it!

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  I am so sorry.  Heart  I have had those days when I have broken down because you just can't take anymore and this year has had more than its share.  All you can do is start ticking off the appointments and take deep breaths after each one that you have one more thing done.  Surrendering to the reality of what is is a lesson I have to keep learning over and over and over but I find it helps if I just do it at some point and let what's going to happen happen.

Feel free to cry and vent here too.  We've all been through it at some point in our lives when our health, physical and/or mental, isn't its best and needs attention.  I've done more than my share on this thread and everyone has been so wonderful even when I wasn't.  We're here if you need us and you do so keep posting.  Heart  

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

Good morning, all!  We were supposed to have snow yesterday, but it was just enough to be annoying.  Supposedly we are supposed to have the same tonight.

@bopper, you can leave everything in the back pack.  The only thing you will take out is your baggie of liquids and your laptop or tablet.  I have TSA pre-check so I haven't had to do that for awhile.  Just put them on top of the bin with your coat/shoes.  The backpack doesn't need to have a bin.

This was a glorious weekend.  I literally did not have to do one thing (except laundry, which was finished Friday night)  It was super cold, so I really didn't leave the house except to walk the dogs.

This week is the usual.  I still need to learn choreography for the missing holiday song.  I should have done that this weekend, but it was so nice not to do anything.

I got my keyboard set up and my fingers remember what to do.  I ordered some new music from Amazon which should be here today.  The very first song I had to memorize--I still know and was able to play that.  TI actually ordered the primer that it was in and looked at it on Amazon just to verify I remembered it!

Hope you all have a great day!

Thank you so the bracelet I mentioned is okay to just leave in my regular carry on?  

Respected Contributor

@bopper--yep.  You will send it through the x ray, it won't go through the metal detector with you.  I have a watch that sets off the metal detector, so I put it in my carryone and send it through xray rather than wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 thank you so much for your kind words.  They helped more than you know.

Thank you @bopper @Mmsfoxxie and everyone who were so encouraging and supportive.  Your kindess means so much.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.

This should be a good workout day......Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then maybe half of the Zumba class since I have to rush home.

I waited until 9:30 pm for two items to be delivered by UPS.  I thought they were going to be in the same box.  I opened the box and what item was in it.  I go online later to check and UPS had changed the other item for 12-4 to be delivered.  (It has to be signed for so one of has to stay home again).  The guy didn’t get both packages off the truck apparently!  Boy was I 😠 mad.

Have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Went to Pound and Power this morning.  They mentioned the holidays and I realized with both falling on a Tuesday I will be down to one class per week for two weeks.  Guess it's finally time to get a home program in gear.

The teacher only put in one Christmas song in Pound and didn't even know the routine.  If you don't know it, don't play it.  A lot of the other class people voted for no Christmas music so I guess they want to hear the same songs playing from the past 3 years.  There is a reason they are trying to reinvent Pound and get people in class and it's the lack of good music. 

I used the higher band around my legs during the booty routines and OW.   

Then came Power and I was good with all the increased weight.  I only kept biceps normal because it was a reverse curl routine and I did a darn good job if I say so myself. 

I panicked when the guy walked in and set up next to me in Pound but his main squeeze was hopefully in the shower and never showed. 

Nudie was front and center and put on some clothes for a change.  We are down to the 30s in the early am so I guess she needed some cloth. 

Adonis was on happy drugs and singing after the Power routine and generally amusing himself quite well.  I'd say the steroids have kicked in but they usually throw you the other way.  He looked at me like he wanted me to join in being a fool but I just smiled and walked dignified to my car like the lady I am to get ready for work.

@JudyL  Hang in there.  I'm trying to take my own advice in some troubles in my own life.  We've all got them and the holiday stress is not helpful.

@bopper  Have a good trip!  

Everyone else have a good Tuesday.  Smiley Happy      

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all.

I just got the chance to read through all the threads.  @JudyL--hang in there. Sending some positive thoughts your way.

Today is just small group--all 3 of us should be there today.  I will of course, be at full whining strength.  Some days, I really have to force myself to go to the gym.  As someone told me yesterday "It's fat season".

I started a new class last week with Phoenix-I started with 15, lost 2 within 2 days and think I'm going to lose 3 more.  This is one of the worst classes I've had in awhile.  No participation until the last day of class, writing skills are just awful and one guy always posts 'I don't know anything about this topic, I'm excited to learn about it".  No, that does not count for participation.  It's going to be a long 5 weeks if things don't shape up.  One guy used a template for his first assignment and didn't bother editing out the instructions on the template.

Got my new sheet music last night and fooled around with it.  I'm trying to memorize two additional choreographies for Thursday so didn't really have time to practice.  Plus, I've got papers to grade (out of 15--6 submitted their assignments on time--ridiculous).

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, this morning I did a new Rosalie Brown workout, called Tempo Trainer workout with the TG.  Woza it was great, slow reps and then fast, and then slow...I was burning and super fatigued which is good.  I'll sure miss my workouts while I'm gone.  I will walk but won't get in much strength training.  I wish my son and DIL had weights, they don't have any.  They have a Pelleton bike but no weight training machines. 

Thanks DrKelli, I think I'm all set then.  Apprehensive about leaving my comfort zone but I'll be okay.

I like how you said its "fat season"  Hahah cause it is!  But we have to fight it!

Judy you hang in there, we're here for you to vent or just chat

Nomless how are you my dear?  Check in sometime just to say hello... 

Laura, sounds like another interesting class!  No shortage of " strange" people!  How is your decorating coming along?

MickD  any trail running.  I"m heading out in a bit on the snowy slippery trail.

Well better get moving outside, have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, fellow posters.  Hope everyone is well.

”Fat Season”....lol, 😂?  Yes, indeed, @DrKelli.  I’m a living witness to it.  I’m eating way too much and it seems that I’ve given myself permission to do it without as much guilt as I should have.  I haven’t weighed in about three weeks because that might put a little guilt on me.  I’ve probably gained close to ten pounds....I feel it.  ‘‘Tis the season?  Not going to slow my roll until January 1st.

Going to do some exercising at home this morning ..... this is my volunteer day so I don’t go to my health club on that day.  I think weight gain is more about eating too much than working out 🏋️‍♀️ .  You have to do both, at the same time, for the ultimate outcome.

Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)