Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.  Did my plank challenge exercises this morning before the festivities day two.

Catch up soon!

Respected Contributor

Quick peek in to say hi and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I’m down in the back from doing absolutely nothing and I’m starting to panic because I’ve got so much new choreography to memorize by next Thursday,

Respected Contributor

Merry Day After Christmas, this morning I jumped on TG and did a good Cable workout, and did a dog walk on the snowy trail.  Another lady and 2 loose dogs were on it, I'm seeing people I have never ever seen there and I've used the trail for 35 years, must be new people in the neighborhood I don't know.  I always have Logan leashed to be courteous to others so we have no repercussions like before but apparently people think because they are on a trail so to speak, they can let their dogs run free, I do not do that, it isn't right.  

I sent all the sugary goodies with my husband to work, way too much junk stuff here, and I have worked too hard and come to far to mess it all up now so out it goes!  

I kept my routine up pretty well, yesterday I took off.   Dad fell on his basement steps, luckily he as only 2 steps up from the bottom going upstairs and he missed the step, fell backwards and hit his head on the cement floor.  His head has a gash on it but what is worse is he hurt his butt cheek,  he said it's swollen and bruised.  Didn't want an ER visit and sisters and I agreed we would not jump the gun right away, see how he was today and he is very sore but he seems okay, is very clear headed, and just taking it easy as right now he has no choice.  His hip is okay, it's his butt cheek.

I'm glad the holidays are getting behind us now, so chaiotic as much as I enjoy it, there is lots of work involved and family drama which I can deposit on the door step.

Lets keep going everyone, pushing forward, not looking back and lets go out with a bang, saying goodbye to 2018 and blessed health and happiness in 2019.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone. Hope everyone is well after the holiday frenzy.

@bopper, hope your father has no residual effects from his fall.  Those falls are the number one danger of seniors.

Well, hopefully, I can get to my 8:15 Zumba class because I really, really need it.  Then I’m going to walk the track for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Went to Power.  We ended up with about 15 people.  The lull before the crush in about two weeks I am sure.  

Only Adonis made it and was very talkative with no one else to step in his sun.  I had a rough day yesterday and I think, no I know, perpetual house guests are getting to me especially with what they pulled yesterday.

I have been pretty faithful to the plank challenge so I have been working a little something every day over the week I am gone from the gym.  I did good weight factors today and I have been fighting a cold so I got through and check mark for that.

The new year can't come fast enough.  I am seriously thinking of just doing it all at home and forgoing the gym completely.  We'll see how bad the new people are and if the rest of the denizens can be handled in tight quarters.

We officially have no more sun for the rest of the year here.  It is supposed to rain for a week starting today.  I wish it would stop because I really want to go back to the park.  I miss my long walks. 

Respected Contributor

Morning, it's snowing here.  Speaking of sun, we hardly have any until April and I'm not kidding you!  I take Vitamin D because of it.   It's almost always gray here in winter, it is depressing and I see why people get seasonal depression.  Many go South for a month or 2, we never have, frankly can't afford to but we have a small business downtown and can't close it to go anywhere either.  Oh well, I just deal with it and get my nature freak on!!

Total gym this morning, deciding which one I want to do, loving my machine, so many different things to do on it, Jan 19th is the TSV of the Fit, wish I could get that one but way too much money for me, but I'm okay with what I have.  I may get out the snowshoes this morning and do the trail.

Haha just watching Today show and he said Birthday cakes are a hotbed for germs when you blow out your candles you are literally blowing all over the top of the cake, I had never thought of that!!!  Makes sense..

Any ways, hope everyone has a good day and stays healthy, lots of stuff going around here.

Later kids!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, @bopper, I always thought that!  I'm not into a lot of frosting unless it's cream cheese or the topping on German chocolate cake.  But frosting on a birthday cake that someone has blown on never got eaten by me, lol.  I leave that on the plate.  Especially if it was a kid.  I'm also funny about people talking over my food or reaching their hand into my chip bag.  Germs!  Minutes after washing your hands, you're collecting germs again by touching things, especially in public.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, group.  (Singing.....”wake up, sleepyheads”).  Why I woke up around 3 am, I have no idea but I feel 👍.  I’ll feel the tiredness later, I’m sure.

Zumba was ok yesterday, although there was still a little Christmas music played.  I think problem is that the beat of the music doesn’t always work with the routine.  It helps me to keep a rhythm.

Senior Cardio this morning and maybe a walk on the track again.  While walking yesterday, I realized that I had not been upstairs to the track for about two months!  So my eating has been way up and working out has been a little less, overall.  Gotta get my balance back.  Actually, cutting back on my eating will solve the problem.  I’m been hooked on my homemade butter cookies this month.  Bad girl, mmsfoxxie!

Enjoy your day! 

Honored Contributor

Plank challenge exercises done.  

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, we're getting a snowstorm, yes we are.   I did Total gym this morning, using my cycloTrainer which givers me good cardio, and used the cables for the rest of my workout, over 700 calores burned ( exercise calories) not just calories....Walked Logan in the woods, and ouuuuuu  the wind and trees were creeking, kind of eery.

Laura good job on the planking, great for ab toning and works much of the shoulders and arms too.  

foxxie I love frosting, I'd leave the cake on the plate and just eat frosting.  But you know as germ conscious as I am I didn't think blowing out BD candles was germy until now, and now it's like eeekkkk!

This day has flown by, can't believe it's this late.

DrKelli  good luck learning your chorography, you can do it!!

Judy good to see you, how are your feet doing?

Waving to everyone, need to throw wood on the fire!   Adios!