Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Made my 10,000 steps yesterday.  Let's see what we can do today.  Happy Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning group.  @Laura14, glad you made your step goal.  I refuse to go to bed without making mine, lol.

Poor Shadow @nomless.  The struggle is real for him but he's fighting.

@DrKelli, I'm noticing that fewer companies are having parties this year.  Could it be that too much ends up on social media that could embarrass the company?  Hmmm. Saturday at my Zumba class, my instructor made about three errors in routines.  While she feels bad and apologizes, we all laugh and tell her no big deal.  It's not serious.  One mistake was so funny that I had to muzzle myself.  Half way through the routine, she thought she was finished, stopped and started walking away.  Do you take it seriously when you make mistakes?  I love opportunities to laugh but wonder if she thinks we're laughing AT her.  Cause we're not.  Laughing makes the time go faster.  I wouldn't keep going to her class if I thought she was inept.

Wednesday is runaround day.  I might go walking later because I have a luncheon tomorrow and can't workout.  I hate to miss two days straight.  

Have a great day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother just texted me and said she made 26,000 steps walking around NYC yesterday.  Smiley Sad  And here I was all proud with my 10,000.  

@Mmsfoxxie  I am of two minds when it comes to instructors.  If it's a true mistake, we all have bad days.  If it's a lack of preparation, I'm done with you. 

That's what happened with my Friday spin class.  She "forgot" the new music three weeks in a row.  No you didn't.  You probably didn't learn it or like it and wanted to do a routine you're comfortable with.  I haven't been back since and I miss it.

Respected Contributor

Good morning all.  I am so tired.  My Lexi (jack russell) woke me up at 3:30 and wanted to sit on my throat and be petted.  And made sure I was awake by licking my face.

@Mmsfoxxie, I just laugh at myself for forgetting the choreography.  My regular Zumba instructor told me that everyone forgets their choreo, but when you have a lot of experience, you are better at covering it up.  I thought she NEVER made mistakes, but I've caught a bunch recently.  It's no big deal, she just keeps going, so I just try to keep going when I do it.  It's not like I teach on a daily basis, so I really do have to memorize and my memory ain't what it used to be.

I've got 21 people in  my Univ. of Phoenix class this time and that is so overwhelming.  It takes me about 4 hours to grade everything for the week, not to mention keeping up with the daily posting required in an online class.  We get two weeks off starting next week (i still have to grade the papers for this week) and then only 2 weeks left of the class when we come back on Jan 2.  I hope I have a break before the next one starts.  When I first started back in 2009, I had one class right after another for about 2 years.  A couple of years ago, I had a year where I had ONE class for the entire year.  It used to be a pretty good second source of income, now, it's so sporadic that I don't even count on one class a year.

Hope you all have a good day--I have yoga at 10.  Hopefully it goes better than last week.

Honored Contributor

Did Ride and Power.  No Nudie but Mrs. Rudeness came walking in to Power in her Stanford sweatshirt.  No matchy matchy neon.

The regular Ride instructor was back and I guess someone told her to turn it down.  I may stick around the class again but I really wish she would learn a new routine.  I'm away the better part of a year and it's stll the old music.

My Power instructor apparently had a hot date.  She blazed through Power and didn't do stretches in between the routines.  Okay.  Came home early and made some French Toast.  I'll take it.  I hope the rest of the work day goes as fast.

Have a great Thursday!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  

@Laura14, one of the perks I remember when I lived alone was preparing anything I wanted to eat and when I wanted to eat t, lol.

I have another Red Hatter luncheon today and another one Saturday.  Sometimes things that you love work against you, lol.  I was three pounds from goal Sunday before last and I probably am blowing that.  So I'm shooting for January to really get back on plan.  I haven't even tried the new plan.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Laura14, I'm surprised the instructor doesn't switch up their music on a regular basis.  Every structured format either provides new music and routines several times a year!

I may or may not be subbing Zumba today.  I haven't heard from the regular instructor, so I'll take my ipod and if I'm subbing, I'll be ready.  I'm going to verify with her about next week, because if she IS going to be there, I won't drive in to downtown, just for that class.  I am willing to do it if she isn't going to be there though.

Is Bopper in Colorado already?  We had a touch of snow last night, but it is supposed to be nice tomorrow and then a little snow on Saturday night.

Hope you all have a good day--I may peek back in later!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  Exactly!  And why she only wants to go back to the same old programs after the new releases, I don't get it.  Have your favorites but branch out a bit and at least make your own playlist and pull from everywhere so it's not the same old thing every time the new music is switched out.   

One of the reasons I also stopped her class.  It's tough when you only have the morning classes to pick from.  I'd love to go at night but you can't park and it's too crowded to fight for a bike.   

Respected Contributor

It's not like she has to actually choreograph anything, right?  It takes me so long to memorize Zumba routines that a new one every quarter is all I can handle.

Respected Contributor

Hello---------------   I"m back!    Got in late last night, I haven't really skimmed the posts yet but saw Shadow isn't feeling good.  Nomless I'm so sorry, I hope he can feel better soon.   Logan was so happy we were home.  My son picked him up for us late afternoon and had him home for us when we came through the door.   I hope he forgives me for leaving him at the kennel.  He didn't eat much as his container of food I sent is still half full, but I knew he wouldn't.   He had a special breakfast this morning.    Our trip was really nice, I had 1 night of bad anxiety, actually the day we got there.   Just too tired, too much on the agenda for the first day, screaming kids at a birthday party we went too and late night, early wake up call, I just do not roll well with all that.   But I loved seeing my new grandbaby, he is growing so fast.   I know the next time we see him he will probably be starting to walk.  It's hard missing out on all that.   The weather was absolutely beautiful, 69 one day, and every day is sunny.   Compared to when we got here, 0 wind chill and lots of snow.  We had no snow when we left.  Our car was buried at the airport and the parking lot wasn't plowed so we trudged our luggage through the deep snow.  Roads were bad too but luckily because it was late there wasn't much traffic.    I am always so glad to be home, I was so tired flying and caught a head cold while there from my DIL, and didn't feel good at all on the plane, then when we got here, I got a second wind and at 1 am I was out shoveling the deck which must have had 3 or 4 feet of snow on it, yes I said Feet!   Hubby was in bed, I"m out shoveling the deck..  I know, I'm the crazy women.   Stuff like that bugs me, had to do it.  We snow blowed the driveway this morning and I still need to go out and fill up the bird feeders.     I didn't buy 1 thing, or watch the Q at all.   We did go to a huge mall but just walked in and looked around.  So I came home with money.   We exchanged Christmas presents while there and I did get a GC to the Q so I know I"ll find something.   Laundry now and making soup.    Thanks for keeping the thread active and going.   Have a great day!