Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning everyone.  Boy, what an afternoon yesterday and last night!  We had horrifically high winds, especially last night.  One woman had a gas station canopy fall onto her car as she was preparing to get out for gas.  Fire dept had to get her out and she's blessed not to have been crushed, they said.  Electricity was out for a while until about 4 am.  I've been awake most of the night, nervous because I could hear things whirling around in the high winds.  

I just looked out the kitchen window and it was too dark to see but curiosity got me so I opened the door to peep out.  No awning on our patio table!  I'm hoping hubby took it off but I doubt it.  I asked him but, apparently, lol, it's too early for him to be coherent.

I don't know if I'm going out or not since they are saying the winds will continue til afternoon.  Besides, there may be problems at the health center and they're closed.

@Laura14, hang in there.  My last year at work was awful.  When I went to the pension board in March of 2015 and they told me I didn't have to wait til June if I didn't want to because my benefit amount wouldn't change, I seriously considered quitting that month.  But, my ethics wouldn't allow me to leave them in a lurch like that so I stuck it out.  You can get through it.  Don't let 'em see  you sweat, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm trying!  Thanks for the encouragement.  Heart

Well it looks like we are finally going to join the winter weather here down South.  Have a front moving into today and then our 68 highs are becoming 48 degree highs.

They are also all a buzz about a possible snow flurry in the mountains this weekend.  OMG, they might see a flake if they travel 5 hours out of the city!  It is so ridiculous around here this time of year.  Open your freezer.  You'll get a better view of the white stuff.

So Nudie and Mrs. Rudeness made the Power class this morning.  Mrs. Rudeness was all the way on the other side so I didn't get to see much of her but she has those lunges down.  The yogi masters have nothing on her.

Nudie actually might have heard the colder weather forecast and actually put a second top over the bra she was wearing.  It was completely open in the back and the material was hanging by two threads but I think I do have to credit her.  For her, it was coverage.

Have a great Tuesday all!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Laura, I'm so sorry the delivery grinch has moved on to you. I hope your packages get on the move soon. Stay patient at work, it will be over soon. Take lots of deep breaths and hang in there! 

Foxxie, your winds were bad for sure. You'd better stay in until the front passes. 

Bopper, I know you're both excited and nervous about your trip. I totally understand. 

DrKelli, dang, I can't remember what you posted. I'm sorry. 

Here, we also have moved from mild weather to cold and windy. We were fortunate it was so warm for so long.

Hi to Mick and Cater and Lucy and Judy and our new posters. I hope you all are doing well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless  I forgot to mention did you hear that UPS is on strike?  The drivers are protesting their long days.  The last check my packages were still sitting in the UPS terminal about an hour away.  Kind of burns me up because I could have just gone to the store over a week ago and bought everything.   So glad I did my online shopping early this year. 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

I didn't know UPS was on strike--this is their busiest time of year--of course they are busy!  I know that sometimes my packages don't get delivered until after 8.  I'm glad I shipped mine last week, they are already safe and sound at my mom's house.

My current gripe is I ordered something last Friday from the Q and it still says "in progress".

@Laura14, having escaped H*** myself, I certainly understand what you are going through.  I remember the day I was offered my current job.  It was on a Friday and on Saturday morning, bright and early, I sent my resignation email to the execuholes that had made my life so miserable.  The next week I was sitting in the head hole's office and he asked me about the upcoming safety meeting because he HAD to review all my presentations and I told him I have no idea what the guys are doing.  I won't be here.

As much as it pains you, @Laura14, your gym stories are hilarious and we all have them.

Oops--have a meeting--I'll try to get back later!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I did treadmill and pilates this morning.  Washing and cleaning now so I'm all ready to leave.  I just feel better doing it a few days early, then if I forgot something I have time and aren't scrambling. 

I also wasn't aware UPS is striking.  I am waiting on something from Amazon but it usually has come Fed Ex for some reason.  

Foxxie we have winds too, 60 mph gusts, I"m thankful snow isn't with it or we'd have a full fledged blizzard.   No snow yet, and I like it!   I think while we are gone we're getting some though but not too much from what I have heard.

Laura at lease Nudie had another top on today, your class sure is entertaining to say the least.  

Dr. Kelli, I hope you get your package, I don't understand in the process for so long, I've also experienced that.  

Nomless is the library busier this time of year?  Did you order the Vionic slippers?  I almost did, I"ve never tried Vionics but didn't.   I have 2 things I have to pay for first. 

Waving to Lucy, Judy, Cater, MickD, and all our new posters.   Have a good afternoon!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@nomless  I forgot to mention did you hear that UPS is on strike?  The drivers are protesting their long days.  The last check my packages were still sitting in the UPS terminal about an hour away.  Kind of burns me up because I could have just gone to the store over a week ago and bought everything.   So glad I did my online shopping early this year. 

That's crazy, Laura. I knew they were threatening to strike, but didn't know it had happened. I looked online just now and didn't see anything saying they are on strike. Hope not! There will be many angry people if a strike happens.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I saw it on the ABC overnight news that they were at the protesting stage over their long work hours.

Meanwhile I still have only one of three packages a week and a half later.  Target wants me to rate their delivery service.  I was nice and deleted it but now they've sent me a reminder.  If you insist....

Hit my 10,000 steps just before bed last night.  Not sure what I am going to do today.  I need to figure something else out.  I am bored and it's too dark to hit the trail after work.  

Have a great Wednesday!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  I heard about a UPS strike, too but didn't know it was all of them.  I really can't blame them.  They are being forced to work sometimes 70 hour work weeks not to mention being rushed.  It's not safe.  UPS is known for not wanting to pay their part time people enough hours to get benefits so I guess they over work their permanent workers.

The big screen tv went out during the power failure of the wind storm Monday.  Not a good time to buy a replacement since we had to buy a hot water heater Monday and its Christmas time when the budget is already stretched.  And everytime we get a new tv, we have trouble getting the correct cable line to use.  You know how you have to try different numbers for that model to work off of.  We are not tech savvy.  Two years ago, hubby bought a Smart tv 32" and couldn't get it to work.  It came on....just couldn't figure it out.  It's still just sitting, unused.

Today is run around day.  I need to get some gift certificates and mail them to my grandkids.  Have a great day evryone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Forgot to say I watched Dr Oz and Suzanne Sommers was on.  She does a high fat, high vegetable, high protein, low grain diet.  I was so happy to see that. 

Although I do enjoy my Ezekiel bread, I was applauding the butter and cheese on her table.  I confess I may eat that every single day.  Smiley Surprised