Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

No photo description available.

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

[ Edited ]

Long time no post for me...I've been a slouch lately! I've been thinking, I need one of those Dec. 30 day challenges again, like we all did last year, with either my rebounder or something!! I need to reverse this Covid weight gain/ sloth attitude of mine!

I was walking all summer/fall, 4-5 times a week. Walking with a neighbor mostly, and she can't go as fast as I usually go alone.

And I've fallen away from all the other challenging workouts that could really help, hopefully, get my metabolism going again.

My latest physical, which was overdue due to Covid, doctor's move, doctor's medical leave...wound up being about 3 years since my last one...Weight and cholesterol are up. No surprise there. Gotta go for an artery scan just to make sure nothing else is going on (heart history in family, cholesterol has always been "my thing" only thing with bad numbers and on low dose statin)...and so...for me....the worst shape of my life. I'm about 15 lbs over what I consider healthy for me.

SO! All that said....I just popped in....don't know what it will take, I've just kinda lost my mojo. I did get on my exercise bike the last few days...30 mins, nothing too challenging. Haven't done the pilates machine in many months. Also used to take classes at my rec center and stopped and stayed away for a year and a half during pandemic. They didn't have live classes all last year. Going to maybe see if they are still doing any Zoom or maybe I'll feel ok doing a class again if I see they are taking precautions. I think I need the discipline of paying, and having to show up. I'm rambling out ideas right now...but not sure what will get me going. 

Also...I do know you can't exercise away a bad diet...I eat healthy foods, but got back into too many carbs and sugar during pandemic also. Have not flipped the switch yet on any of that either. I really do prefer carbs to meat/protein....but I know what needs to be done..........sigh. I'm gonna work it out...

The End. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Had to move my tread mill & elliptical  & Total gym &  most furniture out to the garage as my new hardwood flooring is arriving this week to be installed . Guess, that makes for  a legitimate excuse  for the next 2 weeks. Although,  As soon as my floors are  installed  I will  be  up and down  from 2nd floor to 1st floor digging out Christmas ornaments to decorate.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Happy December! 

I started the new yoga calendar and did Yoga to Shift Perspective which was another flow. Didn't realize how much I missed it. She hasn't listed them recently but it was nice to continually move with strength poses.

I made Amazon happy and ordered two new trackers for my sister and Mom today. They have birthdays coming up later this month and I think they'd enjoy working through it together. My sister is a big fitness person and my mom keeps trying to find something so I hope with a buddy and all the options she'll find a program she likes on it. Apparently the black band ships right away so I should get it in time for both of their big days. 

Made over 12,000 steps yesterday. Not sure I'll get there today but I'll work on it. Also starting my goals and gratitude planner today so new month, new habits.

Everyone have a great Wednesday! 

Honored Contributor

@amyb I got too comfortable too and same with the carbs and sugar sneaking back in. Trying to clean it all up and get back to business. You're not alone. Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone!  Looks like December is starting off with a bang!  Glad to see everybody!

I had a nice afternoon yesterday.....I followed through my plan to walk the track at my fitness center before my pedicure.  I had the nicest, chattiest tech do my feet!  I always bring my mini iPad with me and I never got to use it, lol.  She and I were chatting like we'd known each other for a while instead just laying eyes on each other for the first time.  She's new there.  Did a great job, too.

@bopper, happy bd to your father.  @amyb, your last paragraph could have been written by me, lol.  Love my carbs, unfortunately.

This morning, back to the fitness center to do a cardio class.  Straight cardio, no weights.  Maybe walk the track, too.

Lets enjoy this beautiful day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie Ohhhh but I need your mojo~good for you for all those workouts!

I'm heading out for a power walk on my own (no neighbor today, so I can go faster!)

I'm just shooting for SOMEthing, EVERY day...to start.

Tryyyyyyyyyying to wrap my head around eating better.....

I look at pics from 3 years ago, I had just finished a nutritional program with a one on one nutritionist, weekly, where I lost 23 lbs and was at the lowest I'd been in two decades~took a few years off my face too, without the extra "pudge." Sigh. I don't need to lose 23 again, but definitely the 15. But it ain't gonna happen by my wishing and wanting. I will say....usually....I do these type things better over the winter...so we'll see. Summer is more fun, more partying, more eating out, cocktails...but dang, I've really settled in to carb eating again. Hard to kick. Plus, I am still od'd on all the "diet snacks" I used 3 years ago, to get me through. Once I do that with any plan...I get off it for life. The program was all real food, no "diet" just balanced whole food, variety, more protein than carbs, limited dairy, (3 svgs a week; I've been eating lots of cheese lately!), limited wine, (3 a week, ok to add the occasional martini), natural fruit sugars, only the very occasional sweet treat, planned for. All while you are losing. Then you can loosen up a bit. 3 meals, two snacks a day, all with balance of mostly protein, veggies, occasional healthy low-glycemic carbs (which I still eat but just have been having it too often.) I've been snacking way too much.

My life changed overnight during Covid, job, personal loss, schedule, more home time...so I'm still finding new footing. Blah blah blah...more venting! lol. I'll get there. Hopefully!

So discipline is the key...I don't know where mine went (usually I'm pretty good)...but I HAVE to find it!

Have a good day~Keep up the good work at that gym! Inspiring to us all. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning..  I like that word discipline. Something I  tell myself if I am waivering about working out or over indulging with my food choices. .  I  went to the gym this morning. It's really a rec center, but I call it the gym.  Cardio day and I will take  a walk outside  yet to go after I do some  chores.

I used to own a reformer, but somewhere along the line  in several moves ,  I must have let it go. 

What I am planning to add to my workout regime is some way to build my flexibilty. I posted I am not a fan of yoga-  I KNOW it's good for me... but that's as far as I get.. HA!

I have hunted for classes in my area, but nothing  I have found seems to peek my interest.. 

And in the new year, I am going to add a fitness planner.. 

A couple of goals...for me.

Have a good day, everyone! Love hearing what you all are doing!!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all!

I just finished my 30 minute torture with my trainer and I have a dance lesson this afternoon, so that will be my exercise today.

I found out that Jason and I will be kicking off the showcase as the first performers.  That is kind of an honor because that act sets the tone for the rest of the showcase.

It is still really nice here.  I hope it doesn't start snowing on December 15 and keep on going because that week is super busy and the showcase and then  I leave for Phoenix on the 20th.  I'm driving this year and taking the dogs because it is almost impossible to find a dog sitter.  Lexi has to be at home because she's mostly blind and deaf and she would not do well in a kennel.  At least she'll get to see her Grammy, who is her most favorite person.  This will be the first trip I've taken with them, so I hope they do okay.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well...just did a 70 min., 4 mile brisk walk.

I do better on my own...will have to do this alone more and just extra with my neighbor.

Did a few arms and legs on reformer, not much, just before going to walk...will do pushups and a little more reformer later.

Logging into Fitness Pal (another tool used when I lost all the weight before...but it DOES take time...and, here's that word again

@violet runner , DISCIPLINE! 😄 But...at least when you start a program it's good to track, to see how much you are actually eating...adds up fast! So I'm going to try to use this more often to start me off....if not everyday then most days a week.

Best laid plans....only thing that actually counts is what I actually DO! I'm so glad I got out to walk. 49 degrees here today...we won't have a lot of these days left pretty soon, so gotta make the most of it.