Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, everyone!  That's a beautiful winter scene in that picture, @bopper.  And that's the best place for that snow, in a picture, lol.

I hope everyone is doing well this morning.  I'm thinking of @bopper's father and @DrKelli  having her surgery.

Well, as far as working out goes, I don't know what to talk about exercise wise.  I have these non life threatening pain issues with my feet and ankle not to mention my knees.  I'm not an invalid by any means but from what I've been told by my doctors and googling, resting the affected areas is best to see if that works.  This little tiny knot on the back of my ankle (bursa) is the most painful.... luckily, only when I walk more than a few minutes.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

What a winter wonderland!  Love it!  I have continued with my dog walking, weights, abs, squats and treadmill.  I dug out my Jeff Galloway Run Walk Run Method Book and decided to start incorporating some running into my treadmill routine.  Take care everyone and stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Just a  quick driveby  because my thumbs and forefinger are still numb and it is hard to type without making mistakes.  Surgery  was  super quick.  They actually called me at 930 and asked me  to come then.  I was home by 130.  No workout today.  I have to keep my hands dry for  5 days, which is going to be hard because I can't wait until Sunday to wash my hair.  I'll figure something out

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, Happy December 1st!   It' sunny and cold here.   My dad is going home on Friday and to his house not assisted living.  Rehab approved his house and actually took him there today to see him navagate and he did good.  They said he can be alone also just not when he showers.   I'm pretty surprised he wasn't told he needed assisted living but he's happy as a clam.   Me ---  a little worried.  My sisters are on board I am really not.   Nothing new though I am never on board with them.

I did Total gym today and rebounder, got my hair done finally after my stylist had Covid and boy did it need it.   Hubby's was really shaggy and he got his cut while I processed.

@DrKelli  so glad that is behind you!    Yay!!!!!!!  It will be hard not to get hands wet especially when we are all washing our hands constantly.   

@FastDogWalker2  good job incorporating some jogging....  I used the treadmill yesterday.

@Mmsfoxxie  sorry about your pains.   I have a pain behind my left knee when I kneel probably a bursa.... oh well I keep going.  My R shoulder is still funky so letting up on some upper body.

Time for dinner hoping everyone is safe!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli so glad you are home and all went well.

@bopper really happy to hear about your dad being able to go home.  

Nothing to report here.  Same old stuff, just a different day.

Honored Contributor

Great that everybody is getting along well.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi all!  I'm doing well today--very little pain.  I still have some, but it is mostly annoying.  

Well, I am signed up for the race series that I used to do.  First race is Sunday and I was thinking about any way to get out of it, then I talked to my mom last night and told her that I had a race and she says--go and have a good time.  That ruins my plans to not go. LOL.  I was looking for my flip belt (it is like a fanny pack, but is much smaller) and of course, it got moved when I had my closet done, so now I can't find the stupid thing.  It holds my phone and keys and some lip balm.  I have no idea  what I did with it---I looked in the bin that my belts were in (it was hanging there with them).  I'm also teaching LaBlast on Saturday.

I'm really glad I can take the heavy bandages off by Sunday.  They are also annoying.  But I did figure out a way to take a shower this morning without getting them wet.  I wore a large pair of rubber gloves and put a hair tie around the wrists which was tight enough to keep the water out.  I also kept them on to put lotion on because you cannot go without lotion in Colorado.

The weather is finally a bit warmer.  We had horrible winds the last couple of days and it was so bitter cold.  Today is still chilly, but no wind.  Race day is supposed to be nice too.  It won't be much of a race because I haven't done any training LOL!!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day!!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today I did Total gym cycle/strength intervals for 30 minutes and then did my rebounder for 30 minutes and dog walked.   Keep going everyone, you must make yourself workout.  It's to easy to take the couch seat but don't   I see our group slowing down and you must move and then come here and report in and tell what you did.

@DrKelli so happy this surgery is behind you.  Sounds like it's going well also.  

Dad is coming home tomrorow.... woo hoo!   Cake is made and I'll deliver in the morning so it's there when he gets home.  He keeps saying how the food is so good at the hospital and we keep saying that's how you would eat if you went into the assisted living facility.  Saying it's apartment living and you get these kinds of meals every day.

Keep going Movement is Medicine!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Nothing for me today.  I know, @bopper , I know, I hear you.

I'm getting really concerned that we haven't heard from @Laura14 .  Haven't seen her posting on any forums either.  If you're out there Laura, check in please.

Have a good evening everyone!