Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@Laura14 which plank challenge are you doing?  Just curious.   There was one a while back, maybe a few years ago now, where you would do a one minute plank and add one minute to it every day until you worked up to 30 minutes in 30 days.  Couldn't do it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  This one came from My Fitness Pal.  It's more advanced and I am modifying some of it.  It's made up of stability ball moves and regular planks, spiderman planks, and side planks.

I can definitely feel it now I am in the home stretch and doing three sets a day.  

Honored Contributor

Plank challenge for the day done.

Honored Contributor

Another day of planking done.
Respected Contributor

Hey there, we watched football today, and now another game.   I did Pilates reformer today, it was going to be my rest day but I didn't get all sweaty so it's good.  Cleaned, and took down the large tree, still have my pencil tree up though.

Yesterday was so fun snowshoeing at camp, it was postcard pretty outside.  Just spending time with my son and granddaughter is priceless in itself.

Not doing a thing for NY, fine by me too.  I'm ready for Spring now, can I ask for that Hahha

Almost time for din din.....hope you all enjoy your evening.  I love the Christmas ligthts at night, so cozy!

Honored Contributor

I have done nothing today (yet) and I am planning my last cheat of the year. 

My sister's birthday is today and my niece and I made a cake yesterday with about 50 pounds of chocolate on it.  Plus I never eat carbs anymore but I am thinking a pretzel is going to be my appetizer gift for tonight.  Too much talk of it earlier in the week.  

Hope everyone has a great New Years!  

Respected Contributor

Happy New Years Eve!  I had a great workout this morning, 50 minutes on Total Gym, 20 on Pilates rebounding, and 10 minutes working shoulders and arms on my reformer, then walked Logan for 30 out on the trail.  It's dark here like something is brewing...staying home and watching on TV, but I won't make it until midnight, those days are long gone.  

I suppose its the time for resolutions, I have to kind of chuckle though because come February those are out the window.  I think I'd have to say worry less, it does no good and many things you can't change anyways, especially people so why worry about it right?  There are many more improvements I could make also, and will try and do my best, but within reason too, as I can't make a resolution I know I won't continue with.

How about You?

Stay safe everyone, see ya in the New Year!

Honored Contributor

@bopper - Happy New Year to you!  I'm working until 3:00 and then will go home and stay there.  Bought some snacky type stuff I can bake in the oven so will have those for dinner along with brie, crackers, and fruit and a glass of wine.  Won't make it to midnight either as like you, those days are long gone.

Don't make resolutions either cuz I never stick with them.  So will just try and do and be my best and help others when I can.  I think thats all we can truly ask of ourselves - just be the best you can.  You'll have good days and bad so don't beat yourself up.

Have a good evening and be safe if you go out!

Honored Contributor

Snuck my plank workout in.  Last day of the challenge so it was the hardest.  I am going to repeat it.  

No gym tomorrow as early classes are cancelled.  Off to my sister's birthday party to undo it a bit.  LOL  

Have a great last night of 2018!