Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

@DrKelli I completely understand!  LOL  I've been working for attorneys for 35 years, 31 of those years at the same law firm.  I have seen some unbelievable attitudes and behaviors during that time.  I always say that the 18 months I worked as a pre-school teacher for 2 to 3 year olds, prepared me well for working in a law firm.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My last formal class before Christmas for the next week.  My teacher was like we have no class on Tuesday.  Yeah I know.  Lots of home workouts instead.  

She did a hard one.  She asked us to decrease our weight on biceps but I stayed normal and did every rep.  She also did one of my favorite ab workouts that I know by heart and the tricep one burned too.  

I am enjoying the lighter classes because I know what's probably coming in two weeks.  Save me.

So, here's our roll call for the second to last class for 2018:

Uncle Vinny is on vacation.  No show.  I took his parking space and enjoyed it especially in this rainy early morning weather.   

Nudie was in the house and fully clothed!  Hold that thought.  She set up next to Adonis who came bouncing in.

Adonis proceded to give us a show by kicking off his shoes and stripping his pants off.  Luckily he kept his shorts on.  I had to look away after that and just let Nudie deal with that one.

Anyway, Power class done and now I am on my own for one week.   Everyone have a great Thursday that I still keep thinking is a Friday.  Smiley Happy    

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Today is the day!  Jingle Bell Zumba and a surprise song!  I can't wait for 11:15!

Yesterday in yoga, during the first pose, my spine kept cracking up and down.  I got the giggles and almost had to leave.  I guess I needed it yesterday.

I found out Kevin needs to take 6 pills a day!  Do you know how many that is?  O.M.G.  This is going to be a long 30 days.  I did get the other preventative ordered last night, so hopefully I have it before January 1, when he is due to take it again.  The vet did tell me last night that it was a stage 1 case, so that is a best case scenario.

I'm planning on leaving work today about 2:30 and then I am off tomorrow.  I'm going to see Mary Poppins Returns--already have my ticket.

I think I'm going to do some different classes after the first of the year.  Speaking of classes, the majority of students in my current Phoenix class will fail.  I can't understand paying that much money and not putting any effort into the class.

I may be able to peek in occasionally next week, but if not--enjoy the holidays and a very happy, healthy, and prosperous 2019 to all of you

Respected Contributor

Morning, I didn't check in yesterday.  I was running all day long it seemed and didn't get in a formal workout except a dog walk.  I did get in 13,554 steps though.   I'm doing TG today, and maybe a little reformer work, then still more organizing, cleaning, getting ready for Christmas Eve, at least when you host, you get things done that you have procrastinated on.

Dr.Kelli that's a lot of pills, poor boy and poor you!  I wish you could video tape your class, I would love to see if I could do it here in my own living room!  Love your song choices too.

It's dreay and gray here, almost freezing rain.  I woke up at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep until like 6:30, almost got up because I know if I lay there eventually I will fall asleep and then I sleep later than I want and today that's what I did, so I sit here in my jammies and having coffee, and for me this is late.  But oh well, so the schedule isn't always on point, but I already have my plan for the day and I will follow through with it.  Are you all getting your hydration in, drink half your body weight in water!  Yup it's a lot but it's whats best for you.

So if you weigh 160 lbs you divide that by 2 and get 80. You need at least 80 oz of water for your body. Plus add another 8 oz since you exercise. Total of 88 oz a day. 

I am watching White Christmas right now, love the old movies, the clothes, hair...all of it!

Anyway better finish my cup of "jo" and make myself get into my workout clothes...Make it a great day!

Honored Contributor

Hi peeps!  I have not exercised in weeks.  My poor sweet Sammie girl crossed the rainbow bridge on Tuesday.  She was vomitting off and on since mid-October.  She seemed fine for a couple weeks, then it contiued.

She had pancreatitis and maybe liver cancer......happened fast.  We had a vet come to the house to help her cross.....it was the best decision as she was home and with us and Rex.  My son and husband are just devastated......espec my husband.

Who would've thunk it as rex is older and had cancer removed a few months ago.....hoping to get back in the saddle again......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli just read the thread.....sending prayers to you and your furbaby Kevin....that's a lot of pills!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

Yes, that is a lot of pills.  I assume they will be crushed into Kevin's food?

Hi, @MickD poor Sammie!  I hope she hasn't suffered too much these past few weeks (months).  Pain is pain, whether in humans or animals.

Born December hasn't been too kind to a lot of people.  

Senior Cardio this morning.  Enjoy your day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@MickD  I am so sorry.  Smiley SadHeart  I'll say a prayer for Sammie and your family.  

I did the 5th day of my plank challenge this morning.  I am hoping to do something else tonight too.  The rain is finally supposed to get out of here so I am hoping I may sneak in a hike this weekend.  We'll see.  

Have a great Friday everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 @Mmsfoxxie Aaaaw thanks for the kind words. 

Sammie seemed tired on Tuesday morning and could only walk maybe 50 feet before having to lay down.  She wouldn't eat anything and spent the morning out in our front courtyard.  I knew it was time....The vet came out at 1 and she crossed.  It was fast and painless.

Now I just need to get my grieving boys thru the holiday.

Honored Contributor

@MickD  I am so sorry to hear about Sammie.  I know how hard it is to say goodbye.  Sounds like you made the right decision for her and she will be watching over all of you.  Wishing you lots of comforting memories to guide you through the holidays.  Love and hugs to you and your family.