Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Hey everyone, we changed our  cable over to DirectTV and the guy just left, so I haven't worked out.  It took a long time, did internet and TV, and now I have to get used to all this ...no landline either, which will take getting used to.

DrKelli so sorry about your boy, I hope the Vet can figure out what is the next step?

Sunny here but it's colder than yesterday, the wind is cold.

It's so slippery walking, pure ice, even the snow pack is icy and I almost went down a couple times.

I know it's a busy season now but try and get some sort of workout in most days.  I did the trail but today that's all and I don't feel like it now, the direct tv guy smelled like pot!!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  LOL  You had Cheech Marin 'hooking" you up?  I am still trying to figure out this new cable system my mother upgraded us to.  I really want my simple Dish life back. 

I actually just watched the Barney miller episode Hash where Wojo brings in laced brownies and the whole squad room gets stoned.  It's a classic!

I did some exercise after all today so I am going to post about it.  My Fitness sent me a 14 day plank challenge and I did the first day of planking and side planking.  I didn't do the rests.  I just went straight through and got each set done as one big one.  

Day One, check!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, you might have missed my post from a couple of days ago where I said that I googled heartworm.  One of the things it said was that a dog can test negative but still have heartworm because the worms are too small to detect at the time of the test but in a year or two, they’ve grown and symptoms show up.  I also read that the preventive pills aren’t always chewed by the dog and therefore, don’t work.  I hope Kevin gets better soon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

It’s Tuesday and that means I’ll be doing my body sculpt class, Flexibility and then possibly Zumba.  If my regular flexibility instructor is absent again, I’ll do walking.  Last week, the sub, whom I ❤️, did a lot of yoga poses involving knees that I and one other person couldn’t do.  She has yoga classes there when she’s not subbing and everybody raves about how good and informative they are.  I wish I could attend her classes but the best I can do with her comfortably is chat between classes.  She has two partial knee replacements and we talk about the pros and cons of getting replacements done before too much damage occurs.

Have a great day, everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

My last Tuesday classes for 2018.  Smiley Sad

I started with Pound which I am going to miss now for two weeks.  We still had the one Christmas song so I guess that's all we are going to get.  She said since we got called on account of ice last week, we are making up for it today.

I didn't think it was one of the harder routines but it was jam packed.  I went up on the resistance band and held my own throughout the routines so check on that.  The gym is doing a promotion to give a video testimonial about how wonderful Pound is.  Winner gets $100.  I don't do social media especially at 5am with no hair and makeup team so I passed on that.  

Then we went into Power.  All of our favorites were there.  Nudie was clothed from the top up.  I guess she decided we needed a thrill before Santa and the see through barely there pants were back.

Uncle Vinny returned and did as little as possible.  In fact, I had all men around me in the corner.  I don't know what it is but they just can not follow a simple routine.  I had to just listen to the music and put my head down so they wouldn't throw me off.  

Pigpen gave me a Christmas gift and never showed although her partner did and set up next to me for the second class.  He's fine.  How he stands her I'll never know.  

Adonis said hello after Power was done.  He got REALLY excited when the biceps track had reverse curls.  Other than that, the steroids weren't really kicking.  Everyone was fairly quiet today.  I think we are all exhausted from holiday stress and we still have our families to deal with for the next couple weeks.  

I dropped off several dolls that I love but decided to gift to the Children's hospital toy drive.  I have so many that I decided to pare down a bit so I gave my least favorites.    

I did an honest weight workout and increased my weight on a few tracks since I am going to be Thursday only for the rest of the year.  I also still have Day 2 of the plank challenge which I will do later tonight.  

Family starts arriving later today so let the fun begin.  I can not wait until mid-January when I'll get a normal life back and no more birthdays or holidays to shop for.  

Enjoy your Tuesday!  

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie, I did see your post.  Kevin and Lexi get the whole dose because I stand there and make sure they either eat it (hidden in a treat) or I throw it down their throats and make sure they swallow it.

I have a friend who runs the largest no kill shelter in the south and they deal with a lot of heartworm issues.  She told me the preventative they are in is only 80% effective and it wouldn't be one that she chose.  She also said that the mosquitos that carry heartworm are becoming resistant to the preventatives.  It's just like with human antibiotics.  In any case, she gave me the protocol that they use which is successful 99% of the time.  And she told me to switch the preventative.  The protocol they use is antibiotic based and the dog doesn't have to be crated for 6 weeks.  My vet was willing to try it since we don't see HW much in Colorado.  Kevin started the antibiotics last night.  It is once a day for 30 days.  He will be working with the manufacturer to pay for the treatment since both dogs were on the preventative.  I need to get Lexi tested again too.

I could hardly raise my arms after Quick Fit yesterday.  It was so hard.  Today is small group and probably the 12 days of Christmas work out, which sux.  You start with 1 push up, then 2 burpees, go back to 1 push up, then 3 of something, 2 burpees, 1 push up.  Just like the song. I literally hate this workout.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, I am feeling overwhelmed as I have so much to do getting my house ready for Christmas eve.  I have to go to my SIL's on Sunday and that would have been the day I get my cooking done, I don't want to make my food too early and certainly don't want to do it Christmas Eve morning...so I'm a little flustered.  Then Logan is shedding bad and I have hair everywhere, so vacuuming all the time.  I always worry my house doesn't look good enough, I mean we've been here 35 years, and have a limited income, so things we'd like to improve on we can't.   It is what it is I guess, right?

I did TG today the 12 Days of Christmas workout, then some extra abs, and used my Pilates reformer and Marjolein's Pull up arm workout.  Good enough for me today and I really didn't feel like doing anything, so I made myself.  Now heading to hair appt, to cover the gray!  My part is white, and it's only 5 weeks since I was last there.

DrKelli I am glad you make sure Kevin and Lexi get their pills down, sometimes it is a struggle.  I had to get a pee sample once, tell me that isn't hard to do....

Laura, your posts are so funny!!!  

MickD are you with us!  My trail is solid ice, almost wiped out several time yesterday, even the snow is that shiny hard packed ice.

Tony- ahhh yes I remember........visit please!

Nomless thinking of you, pop in if you feel like it and say hello,,,

Lucy you too, miss our Lucy stories..

Judy how are you doing on the West coast?

Well I better get moving here, I am not liking Direct TV either, maybe I'm just not used to it but twice we have had a sign on our tv saying no signal, well they hooked the stupid thing up, and internet is much slower.  Of course hubby doesn't care like I do because he's not a computer person so he hardly knows how to use the phone LOL, but this to me is very irritating.

Ok kids, have a great day!

Respected Contributor

@bopper, I had a dog with kidney stones (the greatest dog that ever lived--Elvis) and was supposed to collect urine samples--I would take him to the vet's office and make them do it.  They actually McGyver'd a gadget that held a paper cup on a handle so no one was crawling around on their hands and knees trying to get the dog to pee in a cup.

Well, I am exhausted.  I just finished writing an additional 10 letters from elves to second graders.  It really ticks me off when people volunteer to do things like that and then don't come through.  There's nothing worse that having one kid not get anything because someone couldn't sit down for 5 minutes and make up an answer to a kid question.  I just come up with the most ridiculous answers I can think of and can write a page long letter in about 7 minutes.

I actually emailed them to my friend who is their teacher, that way, she can print them off, add some stickers and slap them in an envelope so every kid has a letter from an elf.

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I so understand!  I do my cooking on Sundays too and when there are guests around or family obligations to go to, you just can't get it done.  I am going to try and do what I can in small increments at night and hope it stays fresh.  

And thanks for appreciating my sense of humor.  I'd say bake some magic brownies to relax (maybe @DrKelli could hook us up with the necessary legal ingredient from her state) but I think you had your "hit" for the week with that contact high.  LOL    

Do what you can do and then make it through until it all settles down again in January.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

Did Day 3 of my plank challenge.  They had me put my feet up on a 4" box (I used books) and do an elevated one.  That really does intensify it.  Who knew?  Anyway, done.

Handed out my token Christmas gifts at work so everyone will have a little candy today and an ornament.  First time I've done that in years.

I am so ready for the holidays to be over, it's not even funny.  I was trying to think today was Thursday.  My houseguests for the next month have arrived so let the games begin.  

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!