Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, group.  (I’m trying out a new font style.  This one seems so clean).  I hope everyone is well and that @bopper got to her destination ok.

I’m doing Senior Cardio this morning and maybe some walking.  Then I’m coming home to bake a cake since one of my sons and grandson are visiting tomorrow.  Just overnight so that I can see the grandson whom I only see about once a year.

Enjoy your day and be safe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Enjoy your visit @Mmsfoxxie

I finally broke down and put Christmas decorations out on the lawn before work.  It's a heavy wooden Santa and Reindeers my mom's second husband made before he died.  Feeling nostalgic for the good ones who are no longer with us. Heart

Of course now I find out we are supposed to get a wicked wind storm and rain over the weekend so they may be coming back in tonight if that materializes.  The newspeople are all atwitter because it may snow 3-4 hours from here in the Georgia and Carolina mountains.  Yes, they are that ridiculous in Atlanta every year.  They'll be 24/7 coverage of the first snowflake you can drive hours to another state to go see.  

I am finally going to put my money where my mouth is and search out some youtube videos for my bike and maybe yoga I can start doing on off days.  I also might go to a Barre class early Sunday morning.  We'll see.  I keep meaning to try one of those and see what that's all about.  

I really want to get back to the park and hike.  We'll see if the apocalypse weather they are predicting will let me go there tomorrow or the next day.  I miss my trees and creeks.

Well I guess that's a lot of I am not doing anything today but I wish you all a Happy Friday and good start to the weekend all!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, All!

@Mmsfoxxie, what you described is called a Burpee, or for us old timers "squat thrusts".  Burpees are the devil.  I hate them and will only do them off a bosu because I am so tall, it is hard for me to get all the way to the floor.  I love the Firm.  I still have a bunch of their tapes and dvds.  The founder actually passed away from some terrible type of cancer.  Once they sold out to Gaiam, they kind of went away.  You can buy old stuff at Amazon, but they haven't released a new set for many years.

@Laura14, I hope you don't get snowmageddon.  We had light snow early in the week and we are supposed to  have a snow free weekend YAY!

I had fun in my zumba class yesterday. My yoga teacher from Wednesday even took my class and said she had a good time.  When we did the Mariah Carey song and were doing the rockette kicks at the end in a line, I was watching in the mirror and we were perfect!  Everyone was kicking at the same time and it was so much fun!!  I got my new jingle bells (that we can attach to our shoes) and will be picking up the goodies for the little gift bags I am making this weekend.  There is only one more weekend after this one before I leave for Arizona for a week.

Today is my personal training session--mostly weights.  I am taking the trainer's Christmas present because I think he should have the opportunity to use it all December.  It is an 'ugly' Christmas sweater.  It really isn't that ugly because it has the Beatles dressed in santa hats on it.  He is English and loves the Beatles.  For his birthday, later in the month, I got some limited edition beatles socks.  Last year's sweater was truly awful--it had kittens in christmas balls all over it.  I found another truly heinous one this year with a big cow with a real cowbell on it, but I had already bought the Beatles one.

Hope you all have a great day!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I so need to come to your class.  That sounds like so much fun!  And you are a great present person.  Sounds like the perfect thing for him.  I'm sure he'll love both.  

Respected Contributor

My trainer loved his 'jumper'.  Really loved it.  And the training staff is making a 12 days of Christmas video and he brought in all his Christmas sweaters for people to wear while making the video.  Hands down, the one chosen most to wear was the one I gave him last year with all the cats on it.  I'm just dying over that.  I have awesome taste in ugly Christmas sweaters.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I checked out Burbee on YouTube.  Yep, that’s what that bootcamp exercise was.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good late morning, everyone.  

Been doing odds and end things before getting ready for my first Red Hatter Christmas luncheon.  I have one with my other Red Hatter chapter next Saturday.  Then, as far as I know, all of the party eating will be done.  I put my gift in the car last night so that I won’t drive off without it.

No workout today.  Boy will I have some making up to do next week at my exercise center.  By the time I get back, my son and grandson should be here.  

Have a great weekend peeps!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody!  I hope you had a peaceful weekend.  It’s very foggy out my way but I hope it will be lifted in an hour or two.

I made a delicious sour cream pound cake Friday “for my son and grandson, 😆” since I know my son loves it.  To add insult to injury, I bought strawberries and whip cream to put on top of each serving.  Boy, oh boy, talk about heavenly eating!!!  Yes, I know.....I am going to have to pay the piper a big debt and I accept it.....in January.

This morning, I’ll be doing my Senior Cardio and then Strength & Motion classes.  I’m gonna have to hold my stomach in with much effort.

@bopper, hope you’re having fun.

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

OMG  @Mmsfoxxie that sounds delicious.  I have a real sweet tooth.  My trainer came to our open house on Friday and walked into my office and saw three baby candy bars on my desk and gave me a look.  And I said "What?  Do you want one?"

This weekend was a little dull and I'm okay with that.  I bought books for my little neighborhood friends and a couple of Barbies for the building's toy drive.  I need to wrap the books so I can get them to the kids before I leave for Christmas.  I need to make my Christmas cards this week to get them mailed.

I got my elf letter from one of the students in my friend's second grade class.  I wrote back yesterday.  His questions were "Do reindeer eat candy canes?" and "How fast do reindeer fly?"

My answers were "Yes, they have to eat candy canes because they are bad about brushing their teeth and they smell.  But we have to make sure that they eat an apple or a carrot too".  "Santa has to travel a long way in one night, so the reindeer have to fly very fast.  It is hard to say what the actual number is, but to my best estimate, it is eleventy million miles an hour".  I said a lot of other stuff too.

Today is Quick Fit.  I didn't know if I was going to get there--I had a horrible allergy attack last night and had to take 2 benadryl to make it stop. So today, I have a benadryl hangover. bah.

Hope you all have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  I love your "eleventy million miles an hour" answer!  That was perfect!  The remark about the reindeer teeth smelling cracked me up.  You did great!