Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE DECEMBER EXERCISE THREAD

The party was fun, but with my hearing issues--big noisy places are not really fun for me.  We didn't leave until almost 10, so I didn't get home until almost 11, so I am exhausted today. There is only one other person in the office right now.  

The food was good and they had 3 different wines paired with each course.  There were a lot of drunk people (except me--I err on the side of caution with company events).  Their desserts were so good.  They had an apple crisp with bourbon cream that I could have eaten several of.  We uber'd over and that went fantasic, but our uber driver bailed on us on the way back because we took too long to get out the door.  One of the people that we work with drove us back to the parking garage and that was really nice.

@bopper, please don't worry about flying into Denver.  It may be bumpy, but it is that time of year and you will be on the ground in no time.  I fly in and out of here all the time.  If you have an mp3 player, play some music you like during the flight.

@Mmsfoxxie--no youtube for us!  Like I said--I make a supreme effort to not over do, mainly because I have to be at work the next day, boo.

@Laura14, I like Jillian Michaels dvds--I have a number of them too.

I have a private trainer session today and it is the only reason that I came in to work today. Plus I had to gather up my gym clothes for laundry week.  I found out yesterday that I will be subbing Zumba on the 21st for sure and maybe next week as our instructor has meetings on Wed and Thurs.  Her kid's Christmas party is the 21st.

Hope you all have a great weekend!  I'm not going to people at all this weekend.  I had enough peopling last night to last me a while.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, how are you doing in the snow? I know many lost power. I hope you're not one of them.

I wonder how Lucy and family are...I wish she'd post and let us know.

DrKelli, good that you're a smart partier. Glad you had fun.

Hi, Foxxie, I hope you had a good Saturday.

Bopper, if you're reading, have a wonderful time!

Honored Contributor

@nomless No loss of power. Just pretty white stuff that was practically gone by last night and will be gone today. I guess we got our one and only snow of year early. Unfortunately they closed the park this weekend so no hiking for me. I will have to think of something else to do.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  A little snow Friday night and into Saturday but not enough to complain about.

@nomless.... I think I had a good Saturday because it ended with us going out to dinner with friends and it was very enjoyable.

Another one of my sons came to visit Friday afternoon for the weekend with my grandson who just made 13 last week.  Problem that he still wets the bed.  I told my son to make sure he brought his pad with him.  So said he would My him something for coverage as well as the pads.  By the way, my son only sees him about 3 times a year do to distance.  This child was by a woman who told my son she couldn't have children.  He was in the military and just saw her from time to time.

Because he doesn't see his son often, he is very soft on discipline.  Since last summer, my GS has grown at least a foot.  He's 6ft 3 or 4.  Almost touches my ceiling fan.  Before bedtime Friday, I asked the child if he had everything he needed to keep from wetting the bed.  He said yes, showed me the pads.  He said he almost never wets the bed now.

As a baby, he had seizures but grew out of.  Doctors never knew why.  I think there is a neurological problem.

Well, Saturday morning, I discovered that not only was that not true but upon checking the room, I see that my son had bought him some put up pants protection as well.  HE CHOSE NOT TO WEAR IT.  I was soooo angry!  But I only blasted him a little because I don't see him often.  I'm disgusted!   (He's taking a shower now.  I just checked the bed and he's done it again.  I just had a serious talk to my son and looks so woe be gone).

Not going to WW this morning because we're talking my son and gs to breakfast.  I'm not really going to eat cause I've over done it already, lol.

I exercised at home yesterday because of my company.  Today, after they leave I might go walking at my health center.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Yay that you didn't lose power, Laura. Glad to know you're not snowed in. 😃

Foxxie, what a frustrating problem for your GS. And what a sad family structure he has.  

Oops, gotta go feed a kitty. He wants to eat NOW!

Honored Contributor

Good morning group.  @nomless, that's great news that kitty is eating now!

Senior Cardio, Strength & Motion and maybe some walking this morning if all goes well.  I will definitely be wearing my winter coat today.  

Oh, Saturday when we went out to this very nice Italian restaurant I decided to wear a faux fur coat that I hadn't thought about in years.  It's a beautiful faux mink coat that looks very real.  I mention it because I bought it at QVC about 15 or 20 years ago when they sold them regularly at very inexpensive prices.  And in a Petite!!

Enjoy this beautiful day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Morning, morning, morning everyone!  @bopper, I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and then Zumba so it's a full morning for these old feet, lol.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Did my Power and Pound.  Kind of sore and I don't know why after four days of not really doing much other than walking a lot.  I hope I am not getting sick again.  I will hurt someone.

Nudie was in class today.  She had a pair of sheer pants but they did have a print on them so I am going to give her credit for being appropriately dressed today.  

I had an inappropriate guy in front of me who decided to bend over and look at me through his legs.  What part of me says freaks set up around Laura please?

Really don't get it but life could be worse.  Have a happy Tuesday all!

Respected Contributor

Laura, as always, enjoy your stories about your gym.

Foxxie, thank for remembering I was having problems with kitty's eating. Yes, he is eating, but not very much, darn it. I don't think he's losing weight, but he's not gaining either. He's so thin. I was hoping if I found food he likes better, he would eat more and gain some weight. At least I know there's not an underlying illness.

Meanwhile, my other kitty is eating more because she's like the new food, too, and she's becoming a little chubby. Oh, dear. One too thin, one too fat. I need to have kibble out all the time for Shadow so it's there when he wants it, but that means I can't restrict Coco's intake.

Bopper, I hope your enjoying your time with DS and family. Thinking of you!

Thinking of you, too, Mick and Lucy and Judy. A big wave to all. ☺

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, as long as nothing was hanging out with the guy in front of you!  I probably would have said WTF dude. I'm possibly  teaching Zumba this week, but for sure next week at my regular gym.  I'm trying to get a new warm up set together but don't know if I'll have it ready for this Thursday.  I've got the playlist with the one I always use ready to go.

This week, we have our holiday open house on Thursday.  It's a pain in the rear because it's usually just the people from the office and I see them every day.  We invite "outsiders" but they rarely come--maybe one or two.

My usual holiday don't give a c*** has set in--I'm on vacation from the 21st to the first of the year, so I only have 6 more days and no motivation. What's a girl to do.

I hope you all are having a good week so far!