Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

@AngelPuppy1 If you want to do yoga, I follow Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Her calendar this month is Begin so it's all easy beginner type shorter routines. You can get the calendar on her website if you think it might help. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning!  Happy birthday @Mmsfoxxie !

@AngelPuppy1  walking is good, but you need some weights too.  You can use 1 pounders.  I would also suggest yoga--there are a lot of youtube videos.  If you want to pay a bit, the dance fitness I teach  Lablast  has a streaming membership--I do this a lot!

Which I'm going to do right now!  I didn't think I would be off a call by now, but I am.

Hope you all have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add that my oncologist appointment went fine (except for the commute issue which involved a car on fire, blocking one of the lanes on the highway).  I realllllly do not like this oncologist--he's kind of a jerk about my alopecia when I told him that I did not want to take the drug that I think is making me have flares every 6 months.  Plus, it is a lot more than the one that I'm on now (kind of an old school drug--Tamoxifen)  But I don't have to go back until January.  He did order a genetic test on the tumor to determine if I have to be on Tamoxifen 5 or 10 years.  I'm hoping that the results are in the negative and I only have to be on this stupid pill for another 2 years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, all.  In spite of whatever is going on for all of us, there is a bright side.  Oh, and thanks for the birthday wishes.  I can't believe I'm blessed to be here 75 years.

I see that we all have issues but @DrKelli , I know your struggle has been ongoing for a long time and my hat is off to you in the way you're handling things.  Some of these tactless doctors make the illness more difficult to deal with.

Yesterday I had the most painful knee injection ever in the four or five years I've been gettting them.  After the injection, I told the doctor that I couldn't bend my knee to walk.  He says, as he was walking out, "just bend your knee back and forth a few times, it will be alright".  I had wet eyes from the pain and because I feared I wasn't gonna be able to walk.  I held on to the wall as I walked, dragging my right foot.  I saw a nurse so I asked her if they had a cane I could use and she said sorry, no.  I literally held on to whatever I could as I walked to the elevator.  Luckily my car was parked not to far from the door.  Driving, moving my leg to touch the gas and brake was almost undoable. I will never go there again.  Pain all night but this afternoon, I noticed improvement.  Icing my knee and ibuprofen must have helped.  Some medical people are not nice. I expect them to at least pretend to care beyond the treatment given.

No more rants this week....I promise.  Have a great evening.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I am so sorry you had to endure that and on your birthday too. I have tears in my eyes. No one should treat another human like that especially those tasked with caring for their well being. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I hope you are doing better today. 

@DrKelli I am so glad you got a clean result. I hope you can find some medication that helps and protects you at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

Biked for twenty minutes and walked for about fifteen. My cold is morphing and it's been a hard week at work and elsewhere but that pales in comparison to others' challenges. Have a great hump day and continue to enjoy your week. 🙂

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Thank you for this suggestion!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

Thank you so much!  I appreciate the tips and the posting! 

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

I am sorry about your stressful dr. trip and visit.  I don't know your medical history but I just want to say that I wish you the best and hope everything turns out well for you!  

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie 

I am very sorry that you had such a bad dr.'s visit.  I don't understand why some people in the medical profession actually get into the profession, as they seem to not like dealing with people at all.  They don't seem to realize that it's not just about having the knowledge and performing their job -- it's even more important to have a pleasant bed-side manner and to give a patient reassurance.  That goes a long, long way.  I hope you are feeling better today!