Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

May be an image of text that says 'Energy flows where intention goes.'

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning from Las Vegas, everyone.. And yes, it is hot but hasn’t hit the 100 degree mark since I’ve been here.

Friday, we meet with my oldest son with wife and two kids.  Had a very nice time chatting.  Not only did he pick up the bill but gave me $250 cause he knew my birthday was on August 2nd.  On top of that...he and my husband were talking how each of them were improving their yards.  The conversation went to a patio umbrella for the deck and I said it was too expensive.  My son asked to see it since it was an Amazon item.  Next thing we know, my son had used his phone to order it.  My name and address are on his Amazon list cause he sends me stuff from Amazon for Mother’s Day, Christmas, birthday, etc.  you wouldn’t believe this the son that acted like he hated me growing up, lol.  That patio umbrella was $700+.

Saturday, we met with my other for dinner.  He picked up the tab.  This is the son who the twin of the demon wife and who told the gf  that she wasn’t invited to today’s celebration. At first my son said that if she couldn’t come, he wasn’t coming either.  My ex-husband called him and begged him to come anyway.  I could go on and on.

Anyway, I’m having a decent time...I got close to 15,000 steps in yesterday because of the walking.  The cab ride from the airport was a rate...$27.  You can get broke just from cabs and food.

Enjoy your day everybody.

P.S.   My husband won $54 on one of the machines..yeaa, lol.  We’re trying not to spend it in one place, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!

I used the reformer for everything today.  My upper back is knotted maybe from doing wood yesterday but I used a lot of props too.  Bosu, booty bands, Iso Flex balls, Pilates Box.   About 40 minutes worth today.  

@Mmsfoxxie it sounds like things are going better than expected so that's good!   I bet you were surprised at the Patio umbrella and the money!   So glad you are having a good time!

It's fall like here today 61 outside!!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie so glad to hear the trip is going well!  What a nice surprise that your son paid for the umbrella.

Didn't do anything today except for the usual Sunday stuff - grocery shopping, laundry, etc.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning!

@Mmsfoxxie HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!  I'm glad to see  you are having a good time in Vegas!

@JudyL and @bopper my Sunday was boring.  I'm still nursing my ankle/foot a bit.  I did have to run over to Walmart yesterday to pick up dog treats, which I didn't realize I was low on.  Other than that, I read and watched the Olympics.  I've got my hands all irritated again because I've read so much the last 5 days.  I finished an 800 page book and read 2 others since Wednesday.

Today I am hoping to do a lablast class and then I have my dance lesson at 4.  I think I'm going to have to dance one more day in a brace and tennis shoes and at slow speed.  The Lindy Hop is a very fast dance--it's more like bouncing around the floor than it is actual choreography and we're doing an aerial.  So far there are also 2 jumps in it.  What was I thinking.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - Happy Birthday!  

@DrKelli take care of that foot/ankle.  

This morning I decided to do a Yoga with Adrienne practice - it was short - and a shortened Body Groove.  Oh man, I could hardly do the yoga practice.  Why do I do that to myself?  I was making such good progess last fall with yoga, now I could hardly do any of it and some of it I had to do standing up!  Goodness be.

As discouraged as I was when I was done, I kept telling myself - the important thing was that I tried, did what I could, was careful in my movements and it will get better.  

Hope everyone has a good day.  Its nice, cool, and overcast here this morning. 

Respected Contributor

Hey y'all.   It was a Fall like day today.   It's pleasant now and low humidity.

I did a Round Robin today with Rebounder,, TG, reformer and chair.   Then this afternoon walked Logan and did 30 on the rebounder again.

Happy Birthday @Mmsfoxxie  so glad your having a good time!  

@DrKelli sorry about your hands.   That's a lot of reading.  I wish I enjoyed reading.  I just can't.

@JudyL  Yoga with Adrienne is great but it's not easy.   But you are right "you showed up and tried" and that's okay!

I wonder how Laura is doing.  

Not much going on here tonight just watching TV. 

Good Night all!

Honored Contributor

@bopper I was thinking of Laura yesterday and wondering/hoping that she is ok. Its been a really long time since she's posted.

Honored Contributor

Good morning!  Checking in before I sign into work.

This morning I did a 30 minute yoga practice.  It was more stretching than a lot of up and down poses, if you know what I mean.  So was able to do the whole practice which was good.

Not much else going on.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Good morning all.  Just finished my weight session.  Went up to 15s for some of it.  My ankle/foot is still quite stiff so I didn't do much leg work because flexing it hurts.

I too was thinking about Laura---her posts were always funny.  I'm glad there's still a few of us who post regularly though.

If you want to see what kind of dance I'm doing this month, go to lindyladder.com or search California Lindy Hop on youtube.  I've got the first part of the routine sort of, but not to tempo.  Next comes the Lindy Lift and I've watched the tutorial.  It doesn't look impossible, but I know what I weigh . . .  I bought a poodle skirt from amazon--i was going to make one, but it was cheaper to buy one from them.  I made one 40 years ago for a halloween costume--even hand drew the poodle and added fake fur on his head/ears, tail and legs.  It was super cute.

Not much else going on--hope everyone has a good day.