Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, all!

@Grouchomarx great job sticking with your program.  Remember that you really do need some strength training in your mix--probably a couple sessions/week.  And don't forget  your rest days.  You can even do some active recovery.  My class of choice is restorative yoga, which doesn't take much effort on my part, but I have noticed the benefits--better balance, a bit more flexibility.

We had crazy thunderstorms last night, my mom said her phone was blowing up with notifications after I went to bed.  I slept right through it.

I'm really tired this week and next week, I head off to a conference.  I'm seriously thinking about working remotely tomorrow since it will only be 4 hours.

We had our annual company golf tournament yesterday and this was the first even the employee they just hired to help with these social events ran.  I was getting ready to tear the raffle tickets apart (you know the two parter ones--you tear them apart and one goes in the jar and one goes to the person).  This woman had a fit and told me not to do it that way and having ran multiple conferences with multiple raffles, I think I know what I'm doing.  I couldn't even believe that she got so bent out of shape about it.  It was ridiculous.  And I'll leave you with that.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, everybody!  Another beautiful day coming!

Looks like the squirrels are going to cause us financial problems.  The other day, hubby noticed insulation on the deck.  The little critters are at it again.  I can give you a long list of things we’ve had to do to repair animal damage to our house and car.  But......they were here first, lol.  But they don’t pay a mortgage.

I just finished walking in place for about 30 minutes like in the Leslie Sansome tapes.  I pretty much know the different types of walking she does.

Today is the final birthday month excuse for eating out.  My Red Hatter birthday luncheon is today.  There are five August birthdays with about 20 ladies expected to come.  Other than your own, each lady gives a dollar.  (Like today, my portion will be four dollars since I don’t input for myself.  If there are 20 ladies, I receive 19 as a gift).  I might have to rethink this celebrating for a whole month unless I can find something to do that doesn’t include eating, lol.

No workout yesterday since that’s my volunteer day.

Have a super duper day everybody!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, today I did 30 minutes of rebounding on my reformer and then a 30 minute workout, dog walk this afternoon.

We had a super mess here, our kitchen sink wouldn't drain, and it's happened before, we have very hard water and the pipes get sediament and lime scale build up and I mean build up!   Hubby had to go in the basement and take apart the pipes, take an old hose and shove it through to try and push out the gunk, and my dishwaser even backed up with nasty water and it had no where to go but on my kitchen floor, and my basement had water on the floor as hubby was taking pipes apart and trying to catch water in a bucket, while trying to shove a hose through the pipe to find the clog, well long story short, he had to continue today, so I had no water in kitchen all day, son came over and they replaced the pipe with a new one, so it should be good for a about a year.  Hubby doesn't want a water softener, and said they are over 1000$ so not in our budget and we just had to buy 10 cords of firewood, $1300 for that, but we don't have a furnace and no natural gas so we had to buy it.  So now I hope everything works.

@DrKelli  what a fiasco about the stupid raffle ticket, lets have a Cow about it, geeze!

@Mmsfoxxie  sounds like a fun time, you have had a great month of birthdays and fun lunches... so sorry about the critter problem.  Chipmunks chewed the rubber strip off our garage door for the 2nd time, and my husband was pretty mad, but I don't blame him.  We don't know why they do that, not only that they even chewed the wood trip on the side of my garage where the door shuts!!

It was also a beautiful day here, 60's and low humidity, and some areas had patchy frost last night, yes I said it frost!!!   Good sleeping weather!

Speaking of i think it's jammie time..   Good night!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, y’all!  

@bopper, girl, you and your husband had a lot on your plate yesterday.  No furnace?  Very rustic living....no wonder you’re able to workout so much, lol.  @DrKelli, people are getting more and more ridiculous in their thinking these days.  Hope you’re enjoying your mother.

Had a good time at my luncheon yesterday but one of the ladies was kind of embarrassing.  We try to go to restaurants that will give us individual bills and they are hard to find.  Well yesterday, one of my Red Hatters saw 10% gratuity and 10% service charge on her bill.  She had one of those controlled fits.  Seemed like she was trying to get everybody to be upset about it.  I mentioned that 10% tip was nothing these days and that the 10% service charge was probably for doing individual checks for 20 people.  This lady that lives very well, calmed down after seeing nobody else was buying her koolaid.  The waitress was a senior looking woman, working hard while she sat there with rings on every finger talking about her upcoming cruise and her well to do professor son.  Whew!

Anyhow.....just one class today, Senior Cardio.  Tomorrow will be Zumba.  Sunday will be back to eating like a woman who wants to be healthy and lose unwanted pounds.  The last dress that I bought from qvc last year was never worn....just didn’t get around to it, is too tight now.  I want to scream!!!

Have a great day everyone.

ETA:  @DrKelli .... I started watching that 90 Day Fiancé this way, that way, the other way show, lol.  Hot mess, think I’ll quit.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@bopper What a mess!  Good thing that your hubby is handy!

@Mmsfoxxie Rich people problems.....hahaha!

Didn't feel like going on the treadmill.....but got-er-dun! 

3.1mi/38.23min

Hoping to get on the trail soon... if I could only get up earlier...ha!  The sun is very hot even at 10am when I normally would go and I don't want Molly to fry.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Today I must force myself to hit the gym later for my 3rd cardio session this week.  I'm in a super duper bad mood today and I REALLY don't want to go. Had to sit around watching other people eating pizza earlier, which I currently do not eat, and I wanted to smack them all.  I know if I don't go to the gym, I will feel like a failure so that's my motivation. PMS is a real energy drain and I'm super tired as a result. BUT I WILL GO!  And I will make myself sweat.  This is the end of my third week of consistent exercise. I am hoping to ramp up next week and take on more strength training. I will actually start that tomorrow.  I think I might need to eat a little more too. My current food intake seems to be a little weak when combined with working out. Sometimes I leave the gym so ravenous it's incredible.  Happy Friday to you all.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx you are donig great.  Keep at it.  Often I don't feel like working out (it's so easy for me to rationalize some reason to not work out, i.e., see paragraph below.  LOL) and really struggle with that but when I push myself and do it anyway, I always feel better.  I would try eating more protein if you think you aren't eating enough.   That should help.  

Had a surprise birthday party to go to last night so got home late and that silly alarm went off way too soon after I got into bed sooooo no work out for me today.  But you never know, maybe I'll do something when I get home from work today.  The day isn't over yet!

Respected Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@Grouchomarx you are donig great.  Keep at it.  Often I don't feel like working out (it's so easy for me to rationalize some reason to not work out, i.e., see paragraph below.  LOL) and really struggle with that but when I push myself and do it anyway, I always feel better.  I would try eating more protein if you think you aren't eating enough.   That should help.  

Had a surprise birthday party to go to last night so got home late and that silly alarm went off way too soon after I got into bed sooooo no work out for me today.  But you never know, maybe I'll do something when I get home from work today.  The day isn't over yet!

Thank you and your excuse is totally valid in my mind! I did force myself to workout by personally shaming myself into not slacking. It worked. I’m like my own devil and angel on the shoulders. The angel keeps winning. Hope you squeeze a workout in and feel better.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya all, taking a day off, did 6 days this week.   Cleaning in the basement.

@Mmsfoxxie  we aren't that rustic, we have electric heat but it's expensive so we try and not use it.    At some point we will put a gas furnace in.  You had me laughing at the lady having a little fit about her bill LOL...  I think we have bigger fish to fry here!  LOL

We're making arrangements to go see out son and DIL and kids, ( new baby) the 2nd or 3rd week in October.  This time we are staying in a hotel, I so much prefer that than staying at their house, too much tension in the house  and son is OCD, so works for me!

I ordered a swimsuit, for the pool at hotel, I haven't worn a suit in eons!   I hope I look okay in it, but wish I had a cover up to wear on the way to the pool.  

Hubby just got home, so I guess it's lunch time.   Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  I have 2 of these cover-ups (A265671), and I've worn with just a suit underneath....to the store, beach.

@Grouchomarx about 50% of the time I hate to exercise, so you're not alone!  "Just do it" - I say to myself.  I use cognitive behavioral stuff on myself ....like logging my runs and giving myself smiley faces on the calendar.....whatever works!  I look back at the week or month and feel good about what I've done!

Hotter than bajeezus here and will be all week.....

Treadmill run 3.1mi/38.3min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G