Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Hello Monday!

I walked the dogs on the trail yesterday morning (1.3mi).  Old Rex did really well and chased a few rabbits.

Ran on the treadmill today 3.1mi/38.3min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi, everybody.  Boy, was it humid yesterday!  Hubby and I went out in his car and it was terrible......he has to get some Freon for air conditioning.  We laughed at how pampered we were and didn’t know it.  Air conditioning in the car was so normal to us.

I’m going to my Body & Sculpt class this morning and probably modify for the most part since this class is one of my toughest.

Thunderstorms with continued high humidity today butif the forecast is right, the rain won’t start until this afternoon when we’ll be at home nice and dry.

Have a great day, people.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Ugh--I had a horrible night last night.  I woke up at about 12:30 and don't think I ever went back to sleep. There isn't enough coffee in the world today.  And I have to be out at our corporate golf tournament at 6:30 tomorrow morning (double ugh).

My friend's grandson is playing on a team that made it to the finals of the American Legion World Series (these are the older boys--16-18).  The final is tonight, live at 6:30 ET on ESPN News.  He plays for the Idaho team.

Today is small group and finally one of the other girls is back, so I'm not on my own.  Tomorrow I'll probably miss yoga, unless I can get back to the office by 9:30.  I'm not planning on staying for the lunch because it probably won't happen until about 2 and that is way past my lunch time.

I'm headed to NOLA so I won't be around next week (I leave Sunday).  I'm hoping to get my regular Thursday workout and my LaBlast workout on Saturday though!

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!   Today I did 40 minutes of rebounding and 30 of Pilates, and then 100 squats on the Total Gym.   Will dog walk in a bit here.   See how I cut right to the chase LOL

Humid here too kids, but it's only 77, so it could be hotter and humid.  I am ready for Fall, but not Winter!  Not by any means!   

@DrKelli  cool about your friends grandson, we follow baseball closely.  I hope your NOLA trip goes okay for you.   I had a night like yours the day  before last!

@Mmsfoxxie  hope your gym class went okay, and you modified where you needed too!  My right arm has tendinitis and hurts to even remove a cap from a jelly jar but oh well, I know many have way more issues than me so I just say "it is what it is".

@MickD  Glad you had a nice trail run, I bet you are waiting for Fall too and the pretty leaves on the trails.

@JudyL Is the Bay getting rain?  How is your shoulder doing?

@Grouchomarx what workout did you do today, you have a good plan going.

Last night we rode to camp and dinner with my son and DIL and grandkids, it was really beautiful there, there isn't a lake but we sat on the porch in the shade.

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  Quick check in while I'm at work.  

This morning I did a 30 Leslie Sansone workout.  Did some arm movements with my right arm but nothing with my left.  Added in light jogging and squats when I couldn't do what was being done on the DVD.  

The arm is hurting.  Was pretty bad yesterday but made it through the work day.  Will see how today goes.  Lots of people helping me here when I need it.

Gotta get back to work but wanted to check in real quick.

Respected Contributor

@bopper wrote:

Happy Tuesday!   Today I did 40 minutes of rebounding and 30 of Pilates, and then 100 squats on the Total Gym.   Will dog walk in a bit here.   See how I cut right to the chase LOL

Humid here too kids, but it's only 77, so it could be hotter and humid.  I am ready for Fall, but not Winter!  Not by any means!   

@Grouchomarx what workout did you do today, you have a good plan going.

Last night we rode to camp and dinner with my son and DIL and grandkids, it was really beautiful there, there isn't a lake but we sat on the porch in the shade.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi thanks for asking. This week I’m doing a M W F cardio plan. I did my cardio Monday and it was hard but I gave it my all. Today was a day off, a lot of cooking and cleaning going on. Back to the gym tomorrow I can’t wait. I’ve started feeling a need for cardio. It helps me feel less cranky. Last two weeks I hit the gym 6 times week one and 5 times week two with mostly cardio and about 3 strength training sessions which really wear me out, but I am in 100% committed phase now which is great. It is a new life for me. I feel bad I wasted so much time being a bump on a log. 

Honored Contributor

Good lesson learned, @Grouchomarx.  In the long run, moderation is best.  I don’t know your age but the older you are, the more caution you should she take.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning All!  Did 2 mile Leslie Sansone workout this morning with some light jogging and squats when I couldn't do the resistance bands.  Also did so some arm movements but with no resistance arm/shoulder did well.

@Grouchomarx good for you for getting back to the gym and being committed.  It's hard and being consistent and sticking to it is so very hard for me so I do understand.   I also notice a difference in my mood for the day when I do cardio - like you, my mood is much better when I workout!

Back to work!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today was a more restful day for me, I took a 3 mile walk and that's it.  I've been waiting for UPS to come and pick  up something here for 2 weeks, and I had an email they were coming today, well they drove right by......seriously I stayed close to home for this!!  So now same thing tomorrow....they were issued the Call Tags last week so what is the hold up, gets me very irritated and the Cardio didn't help LOL......

Making chicken for dinner, hubby will be less than thrilled, said that's all we have!  Well we do have it a lot, can't afford fish at 10$ a pound for salmon, and we try and not eat too many carbs and red meat.    When I get creative with chicken he doesn't like it so what's one to do!

It's cooler here today but maybe I'm the only one who still thinks it's too humid, I am clammy from being outside and it's only 69 outside, and in the evenings when all the breezes stop it's up to around 80%, and my husband thinks its nice out...Well he's nuts!! LOL

Well since I'm so cheery today, I better get out of here!  Hahaha  Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx You're doing great!  Don't focus on the past.....look at where you are now, and keep it goin!

Treadmill run again......Molly is not happy, but it's just too hot on the trail when the sun is shining......like a desert.

3.1mi/38.3min

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G