Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning!

@MickD Happy Anniversary.  I'm sorry service was bad--that almost ruins the whole experience, doesn't it?

I taught LaBlast on Saturday, had 2 people (but not the same 2 that I had last week).  They said they had fun, so hopefully, the owners continue to let me sub.

Just a regular week this week--Quick Fit today.

My mom comes on Saturday, so I need to clean house this week.

Hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hey hey,  this morning was rebounding on my reformer and then some abs and arms, and I did a 30 minute TG workout to boot.

Just finished mowing the grass, it's so dry here when I mowed there was actually dust...We really need rain and other places are water bogged.

Has school started in your areas?  Ours doesn't start until the day after Labor day.

Have a good rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone.  Today I did a 30 minute, 2-mile workout with Leslie Sansone.  Added in extra sqauts when I couldn't do the arm work.

Saw the orthopedist today and the MRI shows that I did tear my rotator cuff.  So he's having me do some exercises and I'll see him again on Sept. 11.  I'm going back to work on Thursday to see how it feels.  He says its going to hurt for a while so whether I go back to work Thursday or Monday won't really make any difference.  So don't want to use up any more of my PTO if I don't have to.  We felt going back to work for 2 days then having the weekend was a good option.  I'll see how I do.  

Schools start at different times around here.  Some started at the end of July (these schools are on a modified year round schedule), some this week, some next Monday.  My son in law goes back on Wed.  He teaches First grade.  Seems so early to me.  I always went back to school the Monday after Labor Day.  Times have changed.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning, everyone.  Glad to be back home despite having such a great time at the Red Hat Convention.

I had a great time but I did take a fall on the escalator in Nashville while going down to where the shuttle bus was located.  I had a large suitcase, large tote and my purse.  As I neared the bottom of the escalator, I sort of turned to start lifting my heavy suitcase to get off.  Guess I misjudged how fast that thing was going, lol.  Next thing I knew, I was on the bottom, on my butt and back and couldn’t get up because those steps were still moving.  Luckily I had on stretchy leggings.  At least a dozen people grabbed at me to get me on my feet, thank God, travelers, staff, everybody.  My right knee, which is the worse one didn’t feel great but not bad.  I told staff that I was fine.  I now know that escalator steps don’t stop cause you do, lol.

When I got to the hotel, l looked for my ibuprofen that I had transferred to a small container.  Didn’t have it.  Went on to the site where the agenda said to meet.  Very long walk.  To shortened this story up, the next day, the knees were a little more stiff but I had to stay involved in activities and the only way to do that was to was where the activities were.  @DrKelli might be the only one to relate to how huge that place is spread out.

I still had a great time going on tours, line dancing, meeting people, etc.  I’ll read prior posts later but I hope everyone had as good a week as I did.

Today, I’m not going out and I’m not going to try any exercising.  It’s going to be a rest day with ibuprofen.  I can’t believe there was no drugstore in that facility or the surrounding area.  On my first or second day there someone gave me a Tylenol, though.  My right knee is still swollen (inflammation.  Has happened before and time/rest is the best cure).

Enjoy your day, everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

@Mmsfoxxie I'm glad you had a good time!  And it's hard to imagine how huge the Gaylord is, but you probably put 5-10 miles a day in.  For future reference, there is a sundry store that you can get ibuprofin or tylenol in--it's located in the cluster of shops right before you make the left turn to go into the convention center.

Today is 'group' and rumor has it, one of the girls will be back.  She is the one that had brain surgery in June, so I would imagine, we will be taking it a bit easy. I'd like to go to LaBlast tonight too.

It got hot here again, but I'm really not looking forward to NOLA in 2 weeks.  Evidently the heat index is up around 120 in some states.  You can't even go outside in that.

I hope you are all doing well--@nomless and @Laura14  check in sometime!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL it sounds like you're slowly on the mend.....and working out.....awesome!

@Mmsfoxxie I hope you heal fast.....can't wait to hear more about your trip!

@bopper the area schools start aug 20.  They used to start after labor day, but changed to be on par with the local colleges.  HS students who took AP classes weren't able to get their grades in time for college enrollment.  The first year of the change many parents were upset because of the shortened summer.....clearly they didn't realize/didn't care that it was for the good of the students.

Ran 3mi/38min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Our school district starts today, but there was one that started last week.  My neighborhood kids will be catching the bus just down the street, so I will be able to catch up with them in the afternoon when they get home from school. I'm usually walking the dogs about the time the school bus shows up.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, today was rebounding for 40 minuters on my reformer and then a 30 minute reformer workout.  

It's nice here today, 70 and a little breeze.  

Judy I am sorry about your arm, my Rotator is bad too bt I have never gone to the dr. about it and the same arm has tendinitis now.  Always something. 

@Mmsfoxxie so sorry you took a spill, those escalators go fast and it's easy to lose your balance getting off.   I forgot to hold onto the tram once and I went flying forward, felt like an idiot, it was my first time flying and using one and didn't know it was going to be so fast.  Lesson learned.   Glad you had a nice time though, it's nice to just have a rest day though and gather your thoughts again.

MickD, I did the trail yesterday, so buggy and not enjoyable.  Didn't go today.   

Nomless waving to you, tell us how you are doing.  Are you watching ANW this year?

DrKelli NOLA can be warm and it's usually muggy but down South now is very humid anyways.  

Not much else going on here today, have a wonderful rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

Hi All!  Today is my last day home and its a cooker here today!  No air conditioning at home so would rather be at work.  LOL  Will be back at work tomorrow to see how I do.

This morning i did a 30 minute LS workout and since my ortho dr wants me to use my arm more, I gently did some arm movements and the shoulder/arm did really well.  I seem to be able to lift it higher than a few days ago so some improvement!  YEA!

This afternoon I'm taking it easy and catching up on some shows that I've recorded.  

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everybody!  Yesterday was a beautiful day.   Today is expected to be the same but I probably won’t go out.  Still babying my knees and I can tell that they are getting better.  I think I’ll go to class tomorrow.

@bopper , yes, this was a fast escalator that I was on, too.  Next time I’m overloaded with stuff, I’m either taking an elevator or making sure the escalator isn’t on speed mode, lol.  @JudyL, I think your mishap was much worse than mine....I’m so sad for you.  Keep getting better.  

@DrKelli , my Fitbit registered between 18,000 to 20,000 everyday while I was gone except for two days when I was on the tour bus a lot.  When I got home I had almost no charge left.  The battery icon had started flashing.

At the Convention, during the three paid for, sit down meals, it is suggested that each person bring an inexpensive table gift for nine people (10 to a table).  I wasn’t too happy about that because this was an expensive trip for me already.  So, on FB, the table hostess said just get something from the dollar store.  So I bought nine packages of thank you cards, tiny purple gift bags, some shredded red ribbon and threw in some little candies and hoped for the best.  At my table, several of the ladies bought some really nice but inexpensive things.....even a watch that worked.  For all three meals.  I was impressed.  Obviously, they have more money than me, lol.  Some had fancy red or purple luggage.  Some had fancy themed outfits.  For dress up dinner, some had expensive ball gowns.  Or western outfits with fancy cowgirl boots.  There was never a dull moment, even when just sitting and watching.  It was obvious that some of these ladies are rich, they go from convention to convention, the yearly international one like this and the regional ones through out the year.  They love traveling.  Most importantly though.....they were the nicest ladies I’ve ever met!  All approximately 1500 of them.

For me, while I enjoyed myself, I doubt if I’ll ever go to an international convention again.....too big and overwhelming for me.  I’ll stick to regional ones...less expensive and closer to home.  

Have a beautiful blessed and SAFE day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)