Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Hey ya'all, this morning I did rebounding on my reformer and also upper body and core work.  It's humid here but not too hot.

Foxxie I hate doing that too, returning stuff, such a royal pain.

Don't blame you about wiping down others sweat either, that's gross!  One reason I stay home on my own sweaty machine LOL

Hubby may go pick blueberries, I'm not a picker, don't like bugs and kills my lower back but I love blueberries.  Yesterday I made zucchini bread, we both like that.

Not much else on the hopper today.     Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Happy birthday!

Another hot one.  Did 3mi/39.45min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi I am new to this thread. Today I exercised for the first time in almost two years. I dId 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5mph. Wanted to start out not on rough so I can gradually get back into exercising. I can’t believe I motivated myself to hit the gym. I’ve been procrastinating for so long. Maybe looking at this thread this morning motivated me. I hope I can keep the momentum. I’m someone who really has never enjoyed it. Wish me luck! God knows I need it.

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone.  This is going to be a short post.  Remember when I posted about 10 days ago that the subway train I was on hit a person who jumped in front of it?  When that happend I was standing and holding on to a strap with my left hand.  Because the train came to such a hard, fast, sudden stop, we all were tossed around a bit.  Seems that when that happened I did something to my shoulder.  Saw the dr. on Frday and she thinks I"ve torn my rotator cuff so has referred me to an orthopedist.  I'm in a lot of pain and can't do much so won't be posting often.  Am going to try & keep up with exercising by walking.  i can at least do that.

Welcome to the new poster!  there are many women on here that inspire me daily, hope they will you too.  

Will keep in touch when I can.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Oh no!  Such an awkward way to hold on for stabilization when ya think about it.....and then to be jolted with your shoulder and arm in that position ........just awful.  Sending you healing thoughts....keep us posted!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunday everyone!

Took hubby, Rex and Molly out for a trail walk.  I forgot to turn on my tracker so maybe a mile or so...Old Rex chased a couple of rabbits and he just becomes a pup again!

@Grouchomarx Excellent workout.....and welcome to the thread!  I get in my fits and starts with exercising too.....

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday!   I'm taking a rest day, yes I am!   Today is nice 75 out and humidity isn't too bad either.   Just doing house chores.

Foxxie, Happy Birthday!   Woo Hooooooooooj  hope it's wonderful for you!

Judy so horrible about that shoulder, and all caused by the jolt, please continue to post though we enjoy hearing from you, and walking is a great exercise, love to walk!  

@Grouchomarx Welcome to you, I am glad you were inpired by us all.  It's hard to get going, but once you do you do feel better mentally and physically.   Do what you can, and keep coming here for more inspiration so you stay on course!

MickD, Logan is warm when I take him walking on the trail, he loves to go though, but the bugs are still bad here but at least we have shade on the trail, rather than going the neighborhood which I am not a fan.

DrKelli, hope your weekend is restful and you are ready to start a new week!

Laura how's everything going?  I made zuchinni bread, added some chocolate chips, pretty darn good with a cup of coffee.

nomless thinking of you, check in when you can.  Are you watching Crossfit games!  Some really beast mode gals!  And Biggest Loser on USA is coming back with Bob Harper as the host.   Will have to tune in and see how it goes!

Fall is upon us soon, hard to imagine, but it is my favorite time but I am not rushing summer as much as its been hot and humid and quite wet here.  How come Winter here is 7 months long, I can handle 3, then I'm done!

Enjoy your rest day!

Respected Contributor

I worked out again today. Did 30 minutes cardio and a whole host of strength training moves. I feel good, but tired. I have already put out my workout outfit for tomorrow for inspo. Thanks for your encouraging words folks. 

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Really sorry to hear about your injury, what a strange way to have that type of injury. I have been through rotator cuff tears twice, and on the same shoulder. Was still able to use my good arm, and of course keep up with my cardio. Did most of my cardio then on my recumbent.  

Now, about your last sentence!  Hello, I do visit this thread on occasion, and the Wellness Forum whenever I come here. Just saying!   =^..^=

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

Way to go!  "Keep on keeping on"!

hckynut

hckynut(john)