Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

@DrKelli Oh don't keep us hanging....haha!

@bopper yesterday morning was cool....and I should've gone on the trail with Molly but I didn't move fast enough...

Hot again today, and I feel funky......but I did the treadmill.  I thought - let me eek out 2.....well then 2.5....and I did my 3.1mi/37.38min.  Why the .1?   Because I'm weird....maybe I need to just move it up to 3.25.

Going for a late lunch/early dinner with my son.  Hopefully tourist season is over....I'm grumpy and not in the mood to wait 30 min for a table.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  No workout for me today.  Working out every other day this week so will do so tomorrow morning.  I went over 10,000 steps yesterday but that was only because I worked out.  Today I doubt I'll make goal - I'm only at 4700 steps and its already 2:00.  Set my goal for 8000 to begin with.

I got the Charge 3.  Its tracking my sleep but I can't figure out if its accurate or not.  I'll wait a few days and see how it goes.  So far I like it cuz I like to see the amount of steps I've taken, the calories burned, and on the days that I do work out, its nice to see those active minutes.  Also like to keep track of heart rate.

Looking forward to the weekend!  Can't believe it's Sept already but must say for some reason August seemed soooo long to me.

Honored Contributor

Morning, group.

And that’s what I hate about the Fitbit, @bopper.  You can be outside for an hour pulling weeds or something else that the Fitbit won’t register steps or minutes for, yet you’ve been active and you’re tired.

@JudyL, I’m not familiar with the Charge 3 but I’d imagine it’s more sophisticated than Charge 2 which does make errors.  I do know that when it gives your total sleep time, it’s including any ‘awake’ time you did through the night.  Also, you have to sleep at least 2 or 3 continuous hours or it won’t register any sleep for that night.

Another weight and cardio class this morning.  This guy likes to make you use one body part to exhaustion moresothan my other instructors.  So I’ll really have to be careful not to overdo my right knee.

Enjoy your day everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Morning All!  It's Friday - YEA!!

@Mmsfoxxie  yes the sleep thing is a little hard for me to figure out.  If  you don't have 3 continuous hours of sleep it doesn't register.  

Did 30 minutes of Leslie Sansone this morning.  Thought I would do more but just didn't have the energy.  Shoulder is hurting a bit now so think I may have overdone the arm movements a bit.

So glad its a 3-day weekend.  Enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, today I took off of exercise, I am making baked beans and some bars to take to my Brother in laws house for a family get together, it's on a lake and they have a wrap around deck so it should be nice.  Plus I deserve a day off, feeling fat though, unsnapped my top snap  LOL...  I know you all wanted to know that right LOL Smiley Happy

Yes the fit bit can be funky, I can do 45 minutes on my pilates machine and it may give me 10 active minutes because my HR wasn't high enough for it to indicate I was doing any activity.  Whatever, sometimes you have to give that a break too!  Unplug!!!!  

So I'm in the shower this morning and my dog starts barking, well he won't bark unless someone is at the door, why on earth does this happen every time I take a shower, nobody ever knocks at my door.  So I jump out and throw on a robe, sneak to the window and see the police car parked out front, 2 people knocking at the front door.  Well I am not answering the door in a robe, so I watched and the people then walked down my driveway, regular people carrying a clip board, and didn't talk to the police car, just walked down the street, a couple minutes later the police car left, so what the heck.

@MickD  I'm in a funk too, maybe it is the changing of the weather, I'm getting so I don't want to go anywhere, and that's not good for you either, I'm very content to always stay home.   

@JudyL  my tendonitis in my right arm is hurting, I think that takes like forever to get rid of and being I am right handed and use my right arm for everything it doesn't get a break, but then I tell myself I am lucky, I see others suffering with such terrible things, my old neighbor lady is now in a nursing home with 1 leg gone, and she was an active 90 year old until she had this happen.    

I just want to stay as active and flexible as I can so when I reach that age I can take care of myself pretty well.  Life is short, each day is a gift.

Okay done preaching here,   I"m off to a picnic, make it a good day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper it sounds like you have a nice day planned at a beautiful house on the lake!  Enjoy yourself.......you deserve it!

It was cloudy this morning so I got out on the trail with Molly....perfect timing as the sun came out at the end of the run.  Did 2.73mi/32min.

Have a happy Saturday everyone!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good Morning - well barely. Its already 11:45.  LOL  

Its a beautiful day here and soon I will be heading out to do errands, etc.  Slept in this morning quite late which surprised me.  Did get up and do an hour of Pound.  Had to adjust some of the arm movements because of my shoulder but it is getting better so I am able to do more.  Which I am so happy about.

Don't have much planned for today - grocery shopping, a few miscellaneous errands, and maybe some housework.  The housework may wait until tomorrow.

@bopper sounds like you'll have a nice day - have fun!

@MickD glad you could get out on the trail.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Respected Contributor

Hi all and happy hump day. It was a short week to start with and it’s almist over! Last week I was sick but still got in three workouts. This week I’m doing much better and already worked out M-T-W. Pushing hard to make progress and I’m starting to feel it. I’m astonished at how hard it is to get my abs in shape. They are so pathetically weak! You’d think I had like 5 C-sections or something. They are way behind the rest of my body. Sadly this is the area I really really want to improve. I’m keeping at it though. I’ve started to take stretching much more seriously. Woke up with a painful hip the other day. My partner said you’ve got tight muscles, better stretch, and it helped a lot. This is something I always try to skip out on. Anyway tomorrow is a day off for me except I’ll do some more abs work. Then back at it Friday! Thanks for all your good vibes.