Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Thank you @kate2357 . 🙏 I needed to hear that. 💜

Trusted Contributor

Good morning. I reluctantly can admit I am the VP of my HOA board.  We have a pretty lienient one -  It just changed mangement  conpanies so assuming there will be some backlash as people naviaget that. This new one is charging a fee if you use your credit card to do an auto pay every month. I detest that and its getting so common now. I feel the company should cover that. What I did was Biil to Pay to with my bank.  free. The credit card fee is only $1.95 a month , but  for me is the principle of it. I could write a check each month too- but then it's 70 cents to mail.. Again principle of it. I doubt  if I move I will ever be in a community that has and HOA. I dont' mind covenants.. Seems in CO any new community has an HOA. 

Had my PT yesterday.. brutal.. HA! Trying like crazy to treat this IT Band and hip. I thnk it'll take awhile. And I had my consultation forblue light therapy for my fast to eliminate an precanerous cells and other afflictions of a 70 year old face.   I will get it done this winter.

Have been limting my walking- and yesterday I was so busy I didn't bike.. The heat is back...maybe it's my cue to slow down during the day.

Enjoy reading your posts..  

Have a good last day of Aug..

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!

@Laura14 - was thinking of you yesterday as I watched the news and wondered if you would get any rain from the hurricane.  Knew you were too far north but thought maybe you'd get something.  So happy you are feeling more like yourself.  Know that is a hard struggle at times.

@violet runner  - hope you are feeling better soon.

Not sure if I'll do anything today.  My area is getting smoke from the fires at the border of CA and Oregon and my allergies are going nuts.  Eyes watering, sneezing, coughing, etc.  Today I feel kind of worn out so not sure if I'll push myself to do something or just take it easy.  The weather is cooling down and we're getting a breeze so smokiness should be gone later today.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all,

got my car into the dealership and only had to wait 10-15 minutes for their courtesy car to bring me home.

@violet runner you understand EXACTLY what I am going through with the HOA.  The only reason I volunteered is because no one else would do it.  I don't having to make decisions that cost everyone money, but unfortunately, it happens.  The insurance debacle has been exceptionally bad and even if you have your own policy--my insurance agent said that those have tripled this year because of all the claims due to wildfires and other natural disasters.  People think it is intrusive, but what if your shared wall neighbor doesn't have adequate insurance?  They aren't going to replace half a roof.  And people don't understand that inflation has affected everything else.  It's become very expensive to own a home.

I will try to get on my aeroski today--I've got meetings most of the morning so it will be hard.  I'm really hoping that my car is done today.  I told them to note in the request that I needed my car back today.

I'm glad everyone is at least doing something!  I would definitely like to see some cooler temperatures.  It's supposed to be close to 100 today.

I have the day off tomorrow and Monday is already Labor Day, so I may be 'absent' until Tuesday, so I hope you all have a safe holiday weekend!

Esteemed Contributor

Did 60 minutes on treadmill at various speeds and inclines. Knee was a bit wonky by end, but no real pain. Was fine by the time I headed to the market to refill the pantry.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."