Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

I know it has been hard for me to keep up my walking routine this summer and am missing it. It has been over 100 degrees since June 3; simply too hot even in the evening. It is 8:30 pm right now and 100 degrees and feels like 103. I have not gained weight but I haven't lost any either. Am so anxious for some cooler temps; even the 80's would be great. One of the few malls we have left in our area used to open early for mall walkers but they stopped it due to COVID and decided not to resume it. Where do you go to walk when you can't walk outside? 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

I hope your cold doesn't get you down too much!  Those summer cold are the worst!

I kind of feel that way, too!  I told my husband -- I think the heat has made people even more short tempered than usual, so I am just going to try and stay out of everyone's way as much as possible --- lay low!  LOL! 

I am going to attempt a walk this morning if the rain doesn't jump in again! It's been so rainy and hot, it's just hard to get anything done outside. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 Believe it or not, I get a lot of steps in just pacing the house. I either take a book or tablet and it's amazing how many activity points I got just doing laps. 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I know it has been hard for me to keep up my walking routine this summer and am missing it. It has been over 100 degrees since June 3; simply too hot even in the evening. It is 8:30 pm right now and 100 degrees and feels like 103. I have not gained weight but I haven't lost any either. Am so anxious for some cooler temps; even the 80's would be great. One of the few malls we have left in our area used to open early for mall walkers but they stopped it due to COVID and decided not to resume it. Where do you go to walk when you can't walk outside? 

@Trailrun23 - I do a lot of Leslie Sansone's walking videos.  I have her DVD's but you can find her on YouTube. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday!

Today was Reformer, Vibration Plate and Cellerciser.

Very very humid out, saying rain and so far nothing.  Dark though and not a breeze.  It was quite warm too.

My new reformer arrived yesterday so hubby put that together today and I had a spin on it and such an improvement from my old AeroPilates.  

Just chilling now and watching baseball.

Have a good evening everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday!  Today I hate to tell y'all it's only 62 and sunny.   No don't come here we have enough people haha... I have windows open, airing out the house.   It's been hot and muggy here too and we usually don't get to much of that here in the Great North.

I did the reformer ( on my new reformer) and whoa baby is there a huge improvement in the glide... Just love it.

Then I walked the dog in the woods on the trail.   This day has been so long awaited..

@Trailrun23  there are walking workouts on Youtube and many of us walk around our homes.  Put on fun music and dance.

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Well, it's still super muggy here.  Extremely rainy Sunday and more today.  I'm not complaining, though,since it's not near flooding status.

Our air conditioning unit needs replacing.  It's holding on but makes a loud noise at the end of each cycle.  Not in the budget this year, though.  When w got our furnace replaced (I believe last year), we were quoted around $3000.  Bet it's higher now.  Oh, well...it is what it is.

I'm going to try my in house walking routine but due to my air conditioning being mediocre upstairs, I couldn't do much this weekend.  Nobody gets overheated faster than me, lol.  This spoiled lady likes her comfort.

Let's have a GREAT week!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - Please send some of your rain to California!  We need it so badly. 

Knee is doing better but I'm not pushing it.  Dr. said it would take a week for me to feel the full effect of the shot so I'm waiting a week before I do anything.   Always try to rush things the moment I start to feel better but not going to do that this time.

Hope everyone has a nice day

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

Well, I had a major exposure to Covid this weekend.  I went to my cousin's house for dinner on Friday and on Sunday morning, got a text that 3 people had tested positive for covid.  Today, I got a text that my cousin and his wife had tested positive, so that is 5 of 17 people.  I hope my super immune system kicks in like it did for the studio outbreak and I don't get it.  I'm supposed to fly to NM for an award ceremony on Thursday, but will test on Wednesday to make sure I am negative.  I'm actually going to test today too.  My cousin's wife said she just felt really tired and that's how I feel right now.

I did do a lablast workout this morning--I really don't feel bad.  I did send my boss a text that I was working remotely though due to the exposure.

I wish I would have known before I went to a theater performance on Saturday.  No masks of course.  We saw Pretty Woman.  It was okay and there were a couple of key performers, but there wasn't much they could do with a terrible score.

My mom is scheduled to have her cardiac procedure this week. I think I told you that her cardiologist came up with a way for her to get the procedure at the only hospital that does the experimental part. That hospital isn't in her insurance network, but they have to take her if she comes in through the emergency room.  I just got a text that she has been admitted, and the procedure is actually scheduled for Wednesday.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day. 

Honored Contributor

Rode the bike for thirty minutes. Thought I had my cold knocked out after resting all weekend, but it's back with a vengeance. I am so exhausted from being sick.

Hope everyone has a good week.