Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

@JudyL I just saw on another thread you had a birthday yesterday. Happy birthday! 🥳

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Good "talking" with you and others here!  So sorry about your knee and I hope you feel better soon!  Thankfully you have people around who are willing to give assistance.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@bopper 

My early morning Walmart run went surprisingly well!  I got that done also before it got too hot.  However, I had to go back out to do some other errands and it got so hot, so fast.  The heat must have made everyone's temperament go bad because just about everyone every place I went after that was just downright mean and nasty!  I was nearly in tears at one point.  What's with some people --- I think they get joy out of being mean and hurtful.  Hope your DH's game is fun and goes well!  I can't walk outside today as rain predicted all day and it's just too steamy and humid.  I will walk around the house instead.  It's better than nothing! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@bopper  - You can relate- I went to my dental cleaning yesterday and came out with nothing  extra to be done.. Just a couple of sensitive teeth. WHEW!!  I am going to add  a 3rd cleaning a year.. no doc exam  then. My teeth are very close to together and near impossible to floss..  I did have a discussion about teeth whitening and  name of strips to try before doing in office which is $300 at my dentist. I ordered from Amazon- $30- see how it does.. worth a try. 

Its gonna be hot today.. what's new- near 100. No rec center today.. but I am gonna bike outside  pretty soon. I think ( hope) somewhat a cool down this weekend.

I also made hotel reservations for  Cannon Beach, OR in Sept...    We're gonna drive. Not comfortable flying yet.

Its  an attempt to get back in the travel game.

Have a good weekend everyone...  I am also thinking a  hike possibly  on Sun. Its been awhile.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I cried myself this week over mean people and that's tough to bring me to tears after working in customer service for so long. I think the full moon is next week but they've started early. I've not encountered such in your face and ear meaness in a long, long time. Even my family has engaged for the past three months. I must be wearing a kick me sign. Virtual hug from me to you. Heart 

On the exercise front, I have done nothing yet today. My cold came back with a vengence last night so we'll see if I get motivated after work to do anything. I would take a walk but I am literally scared to interact with anyone at this point. It's been enough. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Honored Contributor

Happy belated birthday, @JudyL!  🎉🍰🎈

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Happy birthday @JudyL!

Well, yesterday, one person showed up to class. I think the owner of the studio felt really bad.  It really isn't worth me driving over there for one student since I get paid by the student.  I did have fun with her though--she was a good dancer and we did a 45 minute class anyway.

Today, I have my dance lesson and then am going to my cousin's house in the mountains for dinner--I will have to leave by 8 though so I can get back out of his neighborhood before dark.  I get lost every time.  I can get to his house just fine, but I can never get back out to the highway without some kind of detour.

Tomorrow I am skipping lablast because I have theater tickets.  I don't have enough time to get home and change and then get back over to pick up the person going with me and go to lunch, so I'll just get her and we'll go to lunch and then to the play.  We're seeing Pretty Woman--I don't think it will translate to the stage well.  The reviews were pretty meh--they did give props to the cast and their ability to sing the crappy songs well.  These tickets are from 2020.  I had a subscription but I would never have bought tickets for the shows that were that year except for a couple of them.

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning and thank you for the birthday wishes.  My DD is bringing me dinner tonight and we're having s'mores for dessert.  Wahooo!

Saw the orthopedist this morning.  Xrays show that I have arthritis pretty bad in my knee.  He said "sometimes we do things that send our arthritis over the edge and you did just that."  Won't go into a lot of detail but looks like knee replacement is in my future but he's not pushing it just wanted to let me know he can tell from the xrays that I'm a candidate.  Received a steroid injection and am now home.  Dr said it'll take about a week for me to feel improvement and he wants me to call him or I can call and make another appt to check in with him if I want to come in or have questions.  The nice thing about the appt this morning is - he was a really cute Dr!  LOL  

Not quite the way I wanted to spend my birthday but glad the appt is over.

Honored Contributor

How ironic @JudyL.  We both spend our birthdays seeing our orthopedic doctors and had knee injections.  Except mine wasn't steroid.  Good luck to you!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - I hope we both are feeling better soon.