Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Wellness Wednesday

It's a warm muggy day.  Thunderstorms last night really made the muggy meter high!

I did 30 minutes of spinning today and it wasn't easy and then 30 minutes on the Pilates reformer.  Not sure on the doggie walk.  Pretty warm for my boy with all his fur.

@AngelPuppy1  Bodyfit By Amy is another good youtube channel you could check out.  

@Mmsfoxxie  so sorry that happened it sounds like they almost didn't care that you needed assistance to get to your car.   How is it today?  

@DrKelli glad your appt. went well and praying you don't have to be on Tamoxfen anymore or is it the 5 or 10 year plan you are waiting to hear about.   Doesn't sound like your dr. is very caring either.

We do all have our Issues don't we.   It helps to have friends here we can just tell them to with the no judgement zone in place.  I really am trying to not talk the negative self talk.  I can do that and what purpose does it solve?  None but to make me feel bad.  Some times things are just what they are.  We need to live our best life and be the friend to others that you would be.  

Happy Trails!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

@bopper they're doing the genetic test to see how long I need to be on the Tamoxifen.  I've been on an aromase inhibitor since 2020, so if it a negative number, I will only need to be on it until 2025.  If it is a higher number, I will need the full 10 year course.  Boo.  But we'll see.

No exercise yet, but will have a dance lesson in a couple hours and tomorrow I will get a double--trainer workout at 8 and then I'm supposed to sub a dance class.  Hopefully, people will show up.  They are supposed to preregister, but no one has yet.  When I attended the class last week as a student, I got the feeling that many of them just showed up.  I'm going to go ahead and go over there and keep my fingers crossed.  I'll be p***** if I drive over there and no one shows up.

I could have done a lablast class this morning--the phone guy was there by 9 and done by 9:30.  He found the problem right away--there was corrosion at the house box and the wires were damaged--probably just old, but he said he had done a lot  of repairs in this neighborhood due to the replacement of the siding project.  Those guys were not careful at all and none of the crew spoke English.  He thought they were from the Phillippines or something because he speaks Spanish and said he couldn't communicate with them.  Whatever--it's taken care of and both my phone and internet work.

Have a good evening!!

Honored Contributor

@bopper 

Thank you for another suggestion which I am putting on my list!

Oh, my -- I was getting tired just reading about all you do!

I have to do a big Walmart run today and some other errands that I am not looking forward to.  Does that count as exercise?? LOL!  It's a real test in endurance and dealing with all kinds of people, that's for sure!

And this heat --- whew --- it's hard to take, that's for sure!

I appreciate your positivity!  I try but some days it's a real struggle.... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli 

I hope things are going well with the class.  Did it all turn out or did they all turn out?  I hope so!  

It's difficult when you get repair people who do not speak English!  I often get technicians on the phone who do not speak very good English and it's really hard to get anything accomplished. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Just a quick check in before I have my first workout of the day.  I did get 2 registered for the class and I hope others show up.  Their loss if they don't.

It's still bloody hot here.  My dogs are not tolerating the heat very well.  They don't want to eat and my old Jack Russell girl is really feeling the brunt of it.  She didn't even want her favorite treat this morning.  She took it from me and then went to hide it.  I accidentally found her first hiding place in my closet so she had to move it. . . .

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies.  Well I did a good one.  Last Sunday tried to move my bed by myself and hurt my knee.  Can't bend it much, painful, not too swollen but its definitely not happy.  Dressing, showering, etc., daily stuff is difficult. Can't leave the house because of my stairs and definitely can't drive.  Neighbors and DD are pitching in.  Glad that I can work from home because three is no way I could make it into work.  Today though I am calling the Dr for an appt.  Realize it could still be a couple weeks away though.  

I am reading everyone's posts - good to hear from @AngelPuppy1 

@Mmsfoxxie - so sorry to hear about your knee visit to the Dr.  That was awful.

Have a good day!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL, omg, I'm so sorry for your pain!  I know exactly how you're feeling.  It's amazing how driving can cause  pain to the knee.  Sounds like something is out of place. You'll need an X-ray for sure.  I hope it's something simple and you feel better soon.  (Even picking up a case of pop from the lower shelf at the store can cause problems to the knee, not to mention your back).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey Fit Fam! 

Today is glorious here.  High of 68  oh yea!

I took a somewhat active rest day.  30 minutes on the rebounder and 15 on the Vibration plate.  

Then went to my dads house for a while.

Lots of construction and that loose gravel with the oily back tar.... ahhh no don't that on my car.... The guy said it would be 10 minutes of waiting time before he could let me go and then he said go very very slow so I did.

@AngelPuppy1  I have a Walmart run tomorrow.    

Can't belive it's Friday already!  Hubby has an Old Timers Softball game tomorrow at 5 so I"ll go to that.  Wish it was today, tomorrows supposed to be hot.

Remember if something hurts work the parts that don't.  Find a way to keep yourself moving.

Later

Honored Contributor

@JudyL I hope you get in to see the doctor and find relief soon. You and @Mmsfoxxie need to get your knees healthy. Heart

Mowed the lawn this afternoon and I am currently dying. My heart rate goes into intense zone and I easily make my 150 activity points for the week. Between the heat and the hill, it's too much. 

Off to cool down and take a shower. Everyone stay safe. No more injuries. 

Honored Contributor

Very good advice, @bopper.  Work the parts that don't!  Although I don't feel I get much out of it, I am doing chair exercises for my legs and thighs.  Lots of standing arm exercises and very, very gentle walking in place.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)