Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Happy Saturday everyone!

My treadmill has been acting up.  I was 1.33+ miles in when the display switched to pulse.  I couldn't get it to switch back to miles.  Then I couldn't get the treadmill to speed up.  I had to unplug it and get back on and start.....weird.  It's only been moved once, so I have no clue.  Anyway, I think I ran the same as the other day

3+miles/40min.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday today I did all Reformer.   Started with 30 minutes jumping, and then went on to Obliques, lower abs, and straps working the back on the bosu ball placed over the shoulder rests.  Oh and pikes on the chair with mountain climbers and running.

Making zucchini bread now.  We are going to my sons for dinner.  Just grilling and only he and my GD are going to be there.  She was having a spa day.  She's 5 mind you.   Sent me a pic of her in her robe and facial mask..  She is all girl!!!

@MickD  that would be annoying.  What kind of treadmill do you have?  You are still fast when you run!  

My hubby is sawing up the wood we got. Mind you 10 cords is enough for 2 years. The pile is huge!

Enjoy the day!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

So good to see your posts @MickD .  Hope the treadmill issues are just a fluke.

@bopper  - that is a lot of wood!  We can't have wood fires in our fireplaces anymore in my area.  For a while we could have those fake logs but now can't do those either.  All due to air quality during the winter.  Miss having even the fake logs.

Nothing for me yet today.  Who know what the day will bring.  Enjoy your Saturday!

Honored Contributor

@bopper It's a Horizon T202.....for whatever that's worth....haha!  It has a plug-in adaptor for an Ipod.  I really can't remember when I bought it....10 years ago??

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody!  Hope your weekend went well.

I had a very lagging weekend.  Did absolutely nothing!  Today, though I'm getting back on track.  Vegas put me in a no control of my body zone but enough is enough.  I'm back in control!

I have to do a little grocery shopping but then straight to my fitness center I go.  I haven't received any emails to the contrary so I assume all of the rules are the same.  

Regarding my Red Hatters @bopper, we had a picnic outing the Thursday before I left for Vegas and we're planning a movie trip next.  Hopefully, we can safely attend wearing masks.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

The smoky air here is really getting to me.  We're supposed to have some relief later in the week.  I can't wait.

I taught on Saturday, but did nothing yesterday except clean out  my freezer.  Today, i will do lablast through the live stream and then I have a lesson at 3.  And a stupid HOA board meeting at 5:30.  I hate these, but no one else will run for the board, so it is the same 5 of us (well, 4 of us that have been on forever and one who thinks that she can come in and miraculously 'save' the residents from the evil HOA. Also, she hasn't been to one meeting since she was elected).  Unfortunately, because we are zoned 'condo'--we share walls with one other unit, so we need the HOA because they control painting the units and all outside maintenance and also the community landscaping.  People don't understand that the city isn't responsible for the landscaping in the community--we are, which means we have lawn care fees and water and electricty bills and I don't know about you guys, but our water bills are ridiculous.  We even recalled a mayor because of them.

@MickD , glad to see you!!

I'm glad our group still posts--I'm grateful to @bopper for starting the thread every month and to @Mmsfoxxie and @JudyL  for checking in every day, which I try to do also.

I hope you all have a good day!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday peeps!

Ran 3.3mi/42min on the treadmill.  I hope I can keep it up.  You'd think cleaning almost constantly for 4 months would keep me in great shape.....nope.....need the cardio.

My son bought a used street/dirt bike so I may hop on the back later.  My husband is looking at Honda Shadows on Craigslist so I need to get used to being a backseater if I wanna ride.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli, I'm glad that @bopper @keeps this thread going, too.  I don't workout as much as I used to do to body changes but knowing about this thread keeps me motivated to do something.  Not to mention I get to ramble about whatever else is on my mind without the "stick to the topic" police bothering me, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday!

Thank you for saying that about keeping the thread going.  Sometimes it's hard.

Today I did a little chair, Total Gym and rebounder.   Did a short dog walk.  Way to humid for me.   Our air quality though isn't bad like it is in other parts of the country.   

@JudyL I enjoy burning also.  We don't have a fireplace,I wish we did though.

@Mmsfoxxie ramble away doesn't bother me in the least....  Some days we just need company right?

@MickD  I am not familiar with that brand of treadmill.  Mine is probably 25 years old knock on wood!

@DrKelli I saw the air quality there is bad and it's so stinkin hot there!   You don't have the humidy like we have but you sure have had the heat!

Not much else here today.   Have a good evening!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, ladies.  Whew, what an evening and night!   The weather forecasters were on tv most of the evening and night talking about expected tornadoes.  At first there was only a little rain that came down and I'm thinking, we'll, it's not in my area even though it was in red on their maps.  Well, silly me for doubting them.  My area didn't get the tornado but boy did it come down around 10:30.  Scary.

Weather permitting, I might go to my fitness center for walking.  Zumba is scheduled but I don't think I want to do it......humidity is supposed to be extremely high today and as I've mentioned before, even with their AC, it gets humid in there.  Don't understand it.  Then, there is always a home workout that's pretty conveniently located.

Hope you're having a calm, safe day.  So many variables  around to take away our safety.