Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE AUGUST EXERCISE THREAD

Good afternoon everyone!  

So glad to be home!  Southwest Airlines was nice.  I love the way they have you line up with a number for early boarding.  

Yes, the trip was better than expected.  We only had to pay for a cab twice which was coming from the airport and going to the airport at the end.  My sons had rental cars and picked us up when we needed them to.  We only had to buy two breakfasts.  I really feel like I was pampered!  It crossed my mind that they see me as the old lady now, lol. They all mention my birthday and at the bd party they sang happy bd to and the brother of the bi-polar daughter in law.  The one who wouldn't let my other son's gf attend the party.  It was the elephant in the room, too, cause my son came just to support his brother anyway.  To shorten this story, the daughter in law did agree to talk to the gf later that evening and I found out after we got home that they will try to be friends because not only are these brothers, they are twins and never ever had anything harsh between them.  Until miss bi-polar got upset about some darn FB pictures being copied.  Sad that everybody has to be on pins and needles when they talk to her.  She refuses to learn how to drive so my son has to drive her everywhere.  

Got on the scale this morning and I'm up a pound.  Saturday, we walked a lot but apparently almost 15,000 steps doesn't help when you eat cake and pizza and Chinese food.

I'm dragging today.....food overload after too much eating.  Not overeating like I used to but more than I've been doing these last few months.  Fifteen minutes into my at home walking today, I stopped.  I'm gonna do a fresh start tomorrow.

Glad to see everybody is basically ok.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Tuesday!

Today was rebounding with Naomi Joy for 40 minutes and then Rosalie Browns PIlates chair workout 45 minutes.   

Had hair appt. at 1, and I'm making dinner now.

@Mmsfoxxie well all in all it went better than you thought it would go didn't it?

Always good to be home though.

We're smoky today from the fires in BC.... those winds bring it right down to us.

Tomorrow upper 80's.

Keep moving.   Movement is Medicine!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  Looks like a beautiful day on the horizon here.

Thank you all for the birthday acknowledgments.  Let's see how 74 works for me, lol. I'm happy to be around, that's for sure.

Today will be a cardio day at my fitness center.  Luckily, so far, vaccinated people don't have to wear a mask but I won't be surprised if that changes.  Staff still wear them.

Arent you glad that you don't have school age kids right now?  Grandkids are enough to worry about.  It was so weird to not have kids at my granddaughters birthday party.  At four years old, the only other child she knows is her sister who is two.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  

@Mmsfoxxie 74 ?  I would never have guessed!! 

It's another nice cool day here.  I'm enjoying it!

Just got an email from HR that masks will be required at all of our sites, including the corporate office until further notice.  They are reviewing our return to the office plan.  Personally, I think they need to put it on hold indefinitely.  Or until my hair grows back. LOL!!

My foot is really bruised on the top--it's getting better and I haven't been wearing my brace because I need to work out the stiffness by letting my foot 'roll' naturally.  I had two workouts yesterday--weight training in the morning and I did a "Power Walk" from Get Healthy U.  I had a deal that I could get a year for $3.00 and I can stream them on roku, so I  can watch the bigger screen.

Today I have a double dance lesson.  And some sort of exciting news--I will be subbing Zumba at the dance studio!  I could have done it last week, but I didn't find out until the actual day that they canceled class because they didnt have a teacher. Zumba is more complicated than LaBlast and I need time to practice.

Hope you all have a good rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

Good morning ladies!

Cool, overcast morning here, which is fine by me.  Means it won't get too hot today.

No workout for me today - at least so far.  The yoga practice today is short so may do it during my lunch hour.  Just didn't have any energy when I woke up.

@DrKelli great news on the Zumba class!  My employer has said vaccinated people only in the office come Sept and starting immediately everyone must mask up if they go to the office and they want us to double mask.  I have a feeling that our return date of Sept 13 will be pushed out. Time will tell.

@Mmsfoxxie may your 74th year be your best year ever!

Take care and enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

Wellness Wednesday!  Today I did TRX straps on the rebounder..  The rebounder is used more as a prop and you go from standing to sitting but lots of upper body!  Then did stretches on the rebounder and the chair and also my reformer using the Pilates Box. 

@Mmsfoxxie Best Birthday Ever Is Right!!!  

@DrKelli sorry your foot still hurts... and hoping the mobility returns.  Yay on the Zumba class!!  

@JudyL it's hot here today and smokey again....How is Montique doing?

Made zucchini bread.   I said yesterday I would and never did.

Honored Contributor

@bopper so sorry about the smokey air.  I sure know how that is.  Keeping fingers crossed that this year is not a bad fire year.  Thanks for asking about Montague. He is doing fine and is his usual self.  Thank goodness!  So upsetting when our fur kids are not feeling well. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everybody.  I hope everyone is well.

Normally I go to as many restaurants that give me birthday discounts as I can but this year I'm only going to one.  So today we're going to have a late birthday lunch at the restaurant where I am a wine club member.  Gonna forego my Red Robin free burger and the restaurant with that delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

This morning before lunch I'm going to do some in house walking in front of the tv.  I don't think that I mentioned that Saturday while in Vegas I walked almost 13,000 steps, some of it outside.  We were lucky that none of our days there hit 100 degrees but it was hot.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Unfortunately, we are hazy and hot here.  I really enjoyed the cooler weather while it lasted.

I learned how to do the Lindy Flip last night--well, some version of it.  I don't think my partner is doing it right so I sent him the video I had been studying.  I got it after 3 tries.  My partner said "How in the h*** can you get an advanced aerial trick in  3 tries but you roll your ankle on a basic rock step?"  My BFF told him HAVE YOU JUST MET HER?  One thing we did decide is that I would dance this dance in tennis shoes.  It matches my poodle skirt, so it fits the theme.  That was my only workout yesterday.

I haven't decided what I am going to do today yet--I am still really busy at work so I'm trying to really be focused there.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning!

Happy Birthday to me!  Slept in this morning so will do a yoga workout later.  I'm off work until next Wednesday so going to enjoy having some lazy mornings.

@Mmsfoxxie - hope you have a good lunch today and its always good to stretch out the birthday celebrations.

@DrKelli - good going on getting the Lindy Flip!  

Take care, be safe and well!