Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@Laura14 - when I had my surgery, the Dr set the date before I even left his office and then they took care of getting the insurance approval.  What I got was the hospital bugging me a few days before the surgery wanting me to pay them some money towards the deductible, I think it was.  Anyway, the woman was so pushy I asked her how much she wanted and she said "whatever you can afford" so I said, "Fine, I'll pay $1.00."  She was not happy with me but I really resented her calling me 2 days before surgery basically harrassing me for money.  I ended up paying them more than $1.00 but it still irked me.  If I ever go through that again, I'll say, wait and see what the insurance companies pay you first, then we'll talk.

Good luck and remember to breathe.  Being stressed out won't help anything get done sooner/faster/better and it won't do you any good before or after surgery either.  Hugs to you.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL OMG, I am under my desk crying with laughter! A buck! You didn't have a penny on you? LOL Smiley LOL

I have realized the same thing. I need some down time. Thank you for all your help! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wow...reading your horrible experiences w/ docs and hospitals and I'm so glad that in the past 2 years I've only had to deal w/ one raving lunatic who should not have been in any profession dealing w/ people. I've been lucky w/ all the crud that has happened to me the last two years, for the most part I have been dealing w/ very helpful, responsive people.

When I had to go to the ER for gallbladder issue, I kept trying to shove my credit card at the hospital to pay and they basically laughed at me and said, we will take your ER deductible when you are released and then send you a bill AFTER insurance has been resolved. 

As for exercise ... today I got a 60 minute run in on treadmill before my dr visit. For my dr visit they did a procedure and told me no cooking, cleaning or exercise ... we don't even want you to walk very far for the next 72 hours. I had no idea this stupid procedure would lay me up for 7-10 days. So much for being my oldest son's running buddy.

If you don't hear from me it's because I'm sitting on my backside and not getting any exercise in at all. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday, woke up to bright sunshine and warm temps and the snow is melting.. Yahoo until this weekend 6 inches coming..

I did 30 minutes on the rebounder today mostly ab work and then 57 minutes on the reformer full body workout, a walk around the neighborhood with the dog and now sitting down.

When I got to the hospital for my colonscopy they didn't even have me in the system.  Good thing I brought the letter with my instructions on it.   Things get so messed up.

Hard to believe it's Wednesday already.  Geesh!

Have a great evening everyone

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 I hope you get back to your regular routine soon. Heart

Honored Contributor

Good morning, everyone.

@Laura14, glad you're ok.  I have to admit that I wasn't too worried about you yet cause I know you drop out from time to time.  But, wow, what an experience!  Glad you're ok, though.  Thank God, you followed your own mind.  ENT's must be the doctors of the month.  I was referred to one but I haven't made the appointment yet.

I didn't read all of the comments yet....I'll have to go back.  Up most of the night because I needed to use it and couldn't.  This new trial and error medication has made my usual slight constipation turn into a slight nightmare.  I'm supposed to take it for 15 days but I might not make it.  Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I hope you feel better soon and have a better experience than I have had with your ENT. Doctor is wonderful. The young staff is a nightmare.

I could write a whole comedy routine on what I went through following their directions that they chose not to follow at all. Then they got mad at me for being confused.

I miss George Carlin. I placed the info sheet in my bathroom because that's all it's good for. If you get going, let me know and I'll pass it your way.

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!

Just finished up my Just Fit workout.  They are now 20 minutes, not 10.  But I still got my workout in.

This seems like a very long week.  And it is a short week since I took Monday off.

The weather is still pretty nice today, although cloudy and a bit breezy.  The lilac bush across the street is starting to get buds on it.  I hope we don't have a hard freeze.  I love the smell of lilacs!

Not much else to say--hope you all have a good day!

Trusted Contributor

Agree @DrKelli . When I think of Spring,  lilacs come to mind. I love them. Too bad they don't really make a good cut flower.. The scent is intoxicating..  I grew up in the Northeast rural upstate NY and lilacs abound there and bloomed around Memorial Day- which is how I associate this beautiful flower. If I had the land I would have a whole hedge..

I went to the rec center and walked today.. It feels a little humid for us .. maybe with an inpending rain/ snow coming tomorrow.

I bought some bala bangles to try out when I walk.. I've had them for quite awhile. I fell and my shoulder is just now slowly getting back to normal.. after 4 months.. I have about 90% range of motion. Anyway, I came across them in my closet and think I may try them out this weekend. Anyone else have them or similar? They seem a little odd ( bulky)  and I have my version of my fit bit I wear on my wrist.. I guess I could put it in my pocket when I use the bangles.. suggestions?   These might give me a little more of workout or it could be snake oil and I got duped into buying! Wasn't a big investment. I think I saw them on the Q , but I got mine from Amazon!

Have a wonderful Thurs. everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning,

I've been getting my steps in, but not much else. I'll take it and run with it, not literally. Smiley LOL

Have a good day!