Respected Contributor

WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

Good morning, group.  Yesterday evening and into last night was very stormy ⛈️, tornado warnings, sirens going off in some areas....the works.  I'm surprised that cable or electricity didn't go off.  Suburb adjacent to us got downed trees in their yards.

A new month, new beginning for everything that didn't go well last month.  I took a 5,000 unit vitamin D pill Thursday and was nauseous for a while yesterday so I skipped yesterday's capsule to see if it had something to do with it.  Still don't know but I think I'll try every other day for a while.  Anybody else familiar with taking vitamin D.  Many years ago, I tried Andrew Lessman's multivitamin and got nausea so I know supplements can make feel strange.

I wish I had a chair that stayed stationary.  Hard to do certain chair exercises in the kind we have.    Enjoy your weekend.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie - I take Andrew Lessman's multi-vitamin but it has only 2000 Vit D.  Haven't had an upset stomach but I do take it with my lunch so maybe the food helps?  Can you maybe break it up throughout the day instead of taking it all at once?

Esteemed Contributor

That seems like a high dose of Vitamin D. Too much can cause kidney stones. I take about 1000 mg every other day. No nausea, as I use it in drop form, by Designs For Health. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54  @JudyL, ok, I might have jumped the gun ordering vitamin D right away before my doctor got back to me.  You know Amazon, you order today, get it next day.   Watching YouTube videos, 5000 UI was the most suggested.  500, 5,000, and 10,000 were the most popular doses.  I skipped yesterday and took one this morning with breakfast this morning and so far, so good.  I was so deficient, I thought 500 would be too low.  Didn't know I was a doctor, didn't you, lol.  Thanks for the responses.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Effie54  @JudyL, ok, I might have jumped the gun ordering vitamin D right away before my doctor got back to me.  You know Amazon, you order today, get it next day.   Watching YouTube videos, 5000 UI was the most suggested.  500, 5,000, and 10,000 were the most popular doses.  I skipped yesterday and took one this morning with breakfast this morning and so far, so good.  I was so deficient, I thought 500 would be too low.  Didn't know I was a doctor, didn't you, lol.  Thanks for the responses.

It's a hit or miss type of thing. What one person can tolerate, the next person cannot. I choose deficient in vitamin D, like a lot of American women. But taking too much made me feel nauseous as well. I like the liquid drops by Designs For Health As it is a pharmaceutical grade, available on Amazon, and it lasts a long time.

Respected Contributor

Happy April 1st!!

So much snow and wind last night.  Hubby couldn't even get out to go to work and we haven't had a plow yet in this area.

Sun is out now though so the storm is over but the wind is still really cold.  Wind chill is 13.

I take Vit. D 5000 IU but have never had any problems.

Did a 30 minute spin today and lots of shoveling and that snow weighs a brick and I'm not kidding.  Over 200 calories just shoveling.  I took is slow as to not hurt by back.

Started my low residue diet today for the Colonscopy on Thursday.   I just want it over with.  It's not bad really and the prep isn't really bad either.   Just the day before is the liquid and pills and junk to empty your colon but other than that it's not a big deal and if it can save my life I think I can deal with that.

Had ducks and deer in the yard again.  The snow is so deep the ducks were sitting on top and like saying 'hey where's the corn'.

Stay safe everyone between tornados, ice, and snow we have a mixed bag!

Honored Contributor

@bopper , I hope the weather is clear the day you start your prep so that you're good to go (pun intended, lol) on Thursday.  My brother in law did his prep last year as scheduled and the hospital canceled that morning just before he left the house!  Didn't say why.  Stuff happens, I guess.

Valued Contributor

I take 1000 mg of vitamin D everyday. I haven't had nausea from it, but I have gotten it from zinc suppliments. I found sublingual zinc works better than a pill for me. I only place a couple of zinc drops under my tongue. I wonder if they sell sublingual vitamin D drops.

Honored Contributor

My left knee and right foot are acting up.  So since the sun is out and I had to get out of the house and get some fresh air, I walked about 1-1/2 blocks down the street and back.  Thats all I could do, knee and foot had had enough.  May try again later if all feels ok.

Not sure what else I'm going to do today.  Hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday.