Trusted Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD

@bopper - rest- listen to your body... hope you feel better soon.

I got my 4th covid shot and felt pretty sick- fever /muscle aches/ fatigue for  about half a day..  The last 3 shots - nothing.. but the short term of not feeling well was enough for me!! HA! I'm back in action though.

No Easter plans here.  I  want to take a hike- and probably will even though winds are expected to kick up again..

More on the diet side I went with a friend to a no waste  market this morning called Nude Food Market.. no, we didn't have to shop naked! HA!.Everything is in glass - you pay for the jar  and then get $ back if you return it.  The fresh produce wasn't in a jar. I bought  a beautiful head of hydroponic lettuce.. never had it. Looked like a bouquet. It was delicious. Had most of it for lunch since I didn't know how long it would last. Added some microgreens with it.. Trying to incorporate more -  it's a process.  I would say the store isn't going to make it because of the financial environment we are in now and I dont' think I would go again.My friend is vegan and she loved  all that was offered for her way of eating. I think that's why they they held this event.. to get more people to come into the store.

It's in Boulder,CO. Pretty notable for  having sustainabilty in all aspects of life-  a very unique city.

Took a walk... and it's breezy... Sun is out though.

Have a good weekend everyone.. I am sure Spring will be here anytime now!

Trusted Contributor

@bopper - forgot to mention.No not thinking of purchasing the Philosophy TSV.Enjoy it if you get it.

Honored Contributor

@bopper - hope you feel better soon.  May not be posting but I read this thread every day.

Even for someone like me that has absolutely no sense of smell, the presenters almost got me to order the Pop of Sun TSV today!  Don't know why I always fall for scented bath products and lotions when I can't smell a thing.  HAHA

Honored Contributor

Yoga to Feel Your Best today.

Big family dinner tonight with birthday cake and pie so we won't talk about that. Smiley Very Happy

Happy Sunday, Easter, Passover, Ramadan or whatever else you may be celebrating. Mix in the good moments with the bad. 

Have a great week! 

Respected Contributor

Happy Easter Everyone!

We stayed put today as both of us are still hacking and low on energy.  My son and his whole family are hacking and achy.   What the heck!   Thank God I"m not achy or feverish.  Just the cough and at night sore throat because its running down the back of my throat.  Ughhh enough already!

I'm resting though yes I listen to my body.

The sun popped out around 3 and I dragged the lawn chair on the deck and put a quilt over the railing to block wind and sat outside.   Even that was glorious.

Snow and sleet tomorrow.... 

@JudyL  I'm glad you come and read the posts.  There are days I almost forget to come here.

@violet runner I didn't get the Philosophy either but I'm a sucker for bath stuff too.

Hope you all had a good day whatever you had planned or not planned.  

Lets all hope and pray this week we all feel better.

Honored Contributor

Happy Monday! 

Did a brand new feel good flow for the hips after a bike ride of a little over 6 miles. I alternated resistance and then stretched it all out so in the words of James Brown 'I feel good.'

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. I am going on a detox immediately. My eating habits have slipped too much on the weekends and I need to go back to normal again. I'm great during the work week but weekends have gotten away from me so now that birthdays and holidays are done, time for the summer diet/body shape up. I make the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated or bust. Smiley Very Happy Smiley LOL

Prepped cucumbers, lettuce, strawberries for homemade parfaits and almond butter yesterday so I am back on track. I was also gifted a super duper Lululemon yoga mat that is supposed to take my yoga practice to the next level according to my sister. I will roll that out tonight. I am looking to do a bedtime yoga now too and maybe an evening walk around the neighborhood.

@bopper Feel better soon! I had to hold myself back from the Beekman 1802 event on HSN. I have too much of their bath products already and need to get through some of it first before I buy again. It's a tough go sometimes. I love my hot baths. 

Have a great start to your weeks everyone! 

Respected Contributor

I have an older Aero Pilates machine.  I had a hip replacement 6 weeks ago.  Right now I am doing PT twice a week (and excercises at home 2x daily) but I hope to get back to Plilates and start Miranda Esmonde White's Classical Stretch again sometime.  I need to follow hip precautions for a bit longer.  Has anyone who has had a hip replacement gone back to Pilates and Classical stretch?  I am healing well but still use my cane and loosing patience with the length of time this is taking!!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, all.  Woke up to snow.....what the heck??  Should be melted by afternoon, though.

Sounds like you're getting better @bopper which is good.  You should probably do no exercising for at least another day.

Looks like everybody's lawn care services are cutting back even though fees are higher or stopping entirely.  I think we're going to change to e eryother week lawn mowing.  He dropped snow removal this winter.  Luckily, I only needed snow removal one time.  Paid through the nose.

I'm going to do my bike today and try to make a new beginning eat less and better.  I plan on going to Vegas in May after the arrival of the new baby.  I'll have to stay at a hotel since my ex is staying with them indefinitely.  When I agreed to go for a week or so to help with the new baby, he wasn't in the equation and I thought I'd only be paying for airfare.  This son can't afford to pay my way so I have to cut back other ways like no birthday gift for my granddaughter's bd next week.

Have a beautiful day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

FYI....don't try to download the Wordle Unlimited app.  It has a virus and will tell you to call a number to remove it.  A hard shutdown didn't do it!  I had to clear my history which I don't like to do because I have to manually input info in some places like Amazon, I believe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I was supposed to go into the office today, but had an issue with my car.  I thought I  had a bad tire pressure sensor, so I went to the tire store this morning.  Turns out the sensor was right, but it was showing the wrong tire!! As I walked out of the shop with the employee to show him--I noticed I had a flat tire on the complete opposite corner of my car!!  Thankfully, they were not at all busy and got me right in. I had a nail in the tire and they repaired the tire for no charge!

So I am working from home and I did the online Lablast class.  I ended up teaching on Saturday too.  Since all the big wigs are at the board meeting this week at another location, I will be working from home all week.  Which means I can get to the gym at Lunch time..

Not much to add--hope you all have a good day!