Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO THE APRIL EXERCISE THREAD!

Good morning all!  We have a nice day here.  I went to the vet to pick up Lexi's eye drops yesterday and got gas for my mower.

The governor announced a Safer at Home plan to start opening some businesses.  I think that I will be working from home until we hit phase 3--where everything is opened.  Our temp office space is too small for us to socially distance.  We have 2 to an office and there is not 6 feet between us, so if they want us to come in, we will have to take turns.  We are perfectly capable of working from home, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I would like to go out to the plant closest to me just to visit though.  I haven't been out there since the first week of January.

Today is more lablast.  I'm so thankful that Louis is doing those classes because I feel compelled to show up.  Even though he has no idea who is there Smiley Happy  Under this Safer at Home, I think that my dance studio will be able to have some classes in person, which will be nice.

I hope you are all doing okay.  I noticed some stupid politicians are throwing the doors back open and I hope it doesn't extend strict stay at home orders.

Respected Contributor

Hey ya'all, super windy here and wind chill was only 10 this morning, still windy too.  I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, then 30 minutes of Yoga, and did the trail.    Watching for trees to fall, it's that windy!

I have no idea when our state will open, lower Michigan and Upper Michigan are very different.  We're about 3 weeks behind Lower Michigan according to the doctors here.  

We need our business to open though, this is the time we actually are busy, but that being said I'm willing to wait as I do NOT want to do this come Fall.

Hoping everyone is sticking to healthy eating and exercise!

Peace

Respected Contributor

Good morning, all!  We have another nice day in store.  I got out yesterday and did some weeding.  I need to get a few bags of mulch this weekend to put in my flower beds that I don't plant anything in.

Had virtual dance rehearsal last night.  I actually did pretty well on that section.  It's the group sections that I'm not learning very quickly.  But good news--we may be able to do an in person rehearsal next week. Certain businesses are going to be able to open with social distancing rules.

We got word yesterday that we will be working from home until at least June 1 because our temp work space doesn't allow for social distancing since we are having to share an office.  Shoot--if our regular space is close to being finished by July 1, they should just let us work from home until then.

Today is LaBlast and a virtual training session, so plenty of exercise.  Tomorrow I will have to miss LaBlast because I have an oncologist appointment at the same time.  I don't know how much longer Louis will be doing those classes, so I'm taking advantage of them.  In Colorado, they haven't said anything about gym openings.  That would be a concern to me because you have to touch EVERYTHING.  I would imagine that if they do open soon, they will block off every other piece of equipment to maintain that social distancing.

Hope you all have a good day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well, it will be interesting to see those states that choose to open before they get to the other side of their bell curves.  I wouldn't want to live in a state that chooses to be a public health experiment.

Ralph's was denying those customers without masks entrance last week.  But not this week, because customers complained - it's not mandated in orange county.  We're not getting daily updates like LA so I'm sure there is confusion.

The problem with not setting strict guidelines is that people will go beyond those set guidelines on a good day.  Look at the beaches that have opened - really no social distancing.

I'm worried about the 2nd and 3rd waves later this year/next year.  In the mean time I'm going to be a good doobie.

On an interesting note....my husband is working on a patent for a guy who has invented a flexible plexi shield ....like a welder's shield that clips onto any type of baseball cap.  He stopped by yesterday (he was outside......distancing) and showed us.  I think it would be perfect for grocery workers, etc.

Trail run sans dog and son....nice and relaxing. Ran 5.31mi/59min.  I'm p!eased with my mileage as I haven't been able to run like this in years....feels great!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hello, today I did 90 minutes of Yoga Burn, and I was cooked.   Then a trail walk, not melting very fast, wind chill is 23.

Yeah I don't know when this will be over or if it even will be, it's a virus that has mutated so who's to know.  But I am playing my role safely.

Would like to rake but it's too cold and the ground is frozen still.  

Stay safe!

Respected Contributor

@bopper , one of the DJs on the radio station I listen to says that she is rage raking right now.

Honored Contributor

@MickD I am painting ☠️ on the Welcome to Georgia signs now.  But my gyms are open Friday if anyone wants to share a class with Nudie and Adonis.  I'm half tempted just to crowd watch in the parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Hahaha!  Scary though....I would not be ready to go to the gym......virus city.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD YouTube is and will continue to be my friend.  😘

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies!  So good to come and read everyone's posts.  Boy, today, emotionally, I went down that rabbit hole.  Whew, not good.  Had a really rough day.  Then one of my attys - she did not know I was having a rough day - sent me an email because its Admin Professional's Day and said that she "literally could not do her work without my skilled support, admin wizardry, and good humor."  That really lifted my spirtis.  Then a couple hours later, I had flowers delivered from my attorneys!  They are beautiful and couldn't have come on a better day.  The flowers even came with a bag of Ghiradelli chocolate squares.  So while day number whatever of shelter at home started out scary low, it ended up being a very good day indeed.

No exercise for me today, just was not havin' it this morning.  Will try again tomorrow!